PDA

View Full Version : Issues with FG v3.3.1

pdb0311
September 7th, 2017, 04:46
Hello all

I purchased Fantasy Grounds through Steam a while ago, and have used it a number of times. I've purchased and downloaded a few modules, but recently have been having problems.

Steam client shows Mines of Phandelver, Complete Core Class Pack, and Princes of the Apocalypse as installed (i'm running 5e)
When I play FG, none of the modules are in the 'extension' box when 5e is highlighted. Before, Mines and Complete Core were there, but not Princes (which I purchased later)
Even when going into something like Manage Characters, all that's there is basic rules, when before I had access to the deluxe Players Handbook 5e and Lost Mines in my 'library' tab.

What happened to all my modules/files? I've tried reinstalling, no avail. I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance

Trenloe
September 7th, 2017, 04:51
Welcome to the forums.

You need to link your steam purchases to your account, and then run an update. Previously the link was done through the Steam client application, but this is now longer the case. Go to Store -> Steam Account Synchronization at the top of this page.

LordEntrails
September 7th, 2017, 04:54
Also remember that the modules will not show up in the "extensions" list. Instead they are in the "Library" once a campaign is opened/started.

Let us know if what Trenloe and I say doesn't solve your problem or doesn't make sense :)

pdb0311
September 7th, 2017, 05:15
Thanks for your responses

Trenloe I synched purchases to steam account the way you told me to. FG still doesn't have my purchases as extensions for 5e, nor are they there if I open up library and click modules.

LordEntrails okay, that must be a new change, because before the update, if I clicked 5e, the extensions would show my purchases (Lost Mine and Core Class pack). However, as I mentioned above, the are also not in my "Library" when I start a new campaign or manage characters.

Trenloe
September 7th, 2017, 05:29
Trenloe I synched purchases to steam account the way you told me to.
Follow the steps here to make sure you have your account in the FG settings before you run an update: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39393-Purchased-Modules-not-loading-or-showing-up-in-Library&p=347847&viewfull=1#post347847

pdb0311
September 7th, 2017, 06:04
Thank you Trenloe, It seems everything is back in working order. Appreciate the help, both of you.

LordEntrails
September 7th, 2017, 13:45
Glad it's working :)

What you see in the extensions list are the custom decals for those products (i.e. the backgrounds), not the actual content. The content will still need to be activated in the Library (but only once for each campaign).