PDA

View Full Version : Bought $39 license and OOTA, but don't have ANY modules...

conrsd
September 6th, 2017, 05:55
I bought the regular license and the OOTA module and updated FG, but I don't know if I did it right. This is the main screen:

This is the Library:

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2017, 11:14
Hi conrsd welcome to FG

You're client needs updating. Click on the settings button on the main start up screen and enter your license key into the box at the top; enter your username and then your password when asked and then click on update. If you bought anything from Steam then you need to sync your Steam and Smiteworks accounts. To do that click on the 'manage' button in settings and follow the instructions and then do an update.

Just an FYI as well any modules such as OotA won't appear in your modules folder but rather in the 'vault' directory where they are protected.

conrsd
September 6th, 2017, 13:53
Thanks, Zacchaeus! I'll have to give that a try tonight. I think I already did that, but will try again. Late last night I noticed my client says 3.3.1 FREE on it, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, but it still says 3.3.1 FREE. I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2017, 16:00
If it says Free, then you did not get the license key entered correctly, and therefore it will not download or allow you access to your purchased modules.

ddavison
September 6th, 2017, 16:16
Yes, this is a license key issue. The FREE label will go away once it is properly recognized. Please copy it from your Order History and paste it in with right-click + Paste. Many times, the 0's and O's and 1's and L's can look the same at first glance.

conrsd
September 6th, 2017, 16:26
I was wondering if that could be it. I did notice (I had the demo installed first) that as soon as I bought the license, it automatically updated the key in the Settings, but I did copy the key out of the email and paste it in just to make sure it was my key.
I can log in just fine, but I don't get a list of my purchases. I also tried to use the "Active License" button, but it says it's not a valid key. And that was a copy/paste also.

Could I have a bad key???

Zacchaeus
September 6th, 2017, 16:31
No, it's likely that you have unintentionally added an extra space or some such when you pasted in your key. Make absolutely sure that your key is correct.

ddavison
September 6th, 2017, 16:33
You can email [email protected] with the key you are trying to use and we would be happy to double-check it.

It should be the key from the Store > Order History and then click the details for the order where you purchased the license. Some people try pasting in the forum activation code instead and that is the problem.

Trenloe
September 6th, 2017, 16:35
The key will be 5 sets of 5 alphanumeric characters, separated by dashes in the form: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

As has been mentioned, copy/paste from your order history and make sure there are no spaces at the beginning or end.

conrsd
September 6th, 2017, 16:49
OK... I think I've got it now... I was using the "Your Activation ID is:..." alpha-numeric code that is 40 characters long... I see my license code that's the 5 sets with dashes in my order history. Just didn't click on the date of the order to pull up the details. Should probably make that a little more obvious. ;)

I'll try this out tonight. Thanks for all of the help everyone!

conrsd
September 6th, 2017, 21:16
The key will be 5 sets of 5 alphanumeric characters, separated by dashes in the form: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

As has been mentioned, copy/paste from your order history and make sure there are no spaces at the beginning or end.

OK, my key is 4 sets of 5 alphanumeric characters and 1 set of 4 alphanumeric characters. Am I missing a character?

Trenloe
September 6th, 2017, 21:19
Am I missing a character?
See post #8 in this thread with an offer from support to help out. They are the only people who will be able to double check your key and get you one that works.

Moon Wizard
September 6th, 2017, 21:28
License keys can either be 24 or 25 alphanumeric characters.

If you need us to double-check the status of your license key, send us a note at [email protected].

Regards,
JPG

conrsd
September 6th, 2017, 22:23
I got it! The Activate License button didn't work, but putting it in Settings worked!

Thanks!