PDA

View Full Version : Personality bonuses

hyphz
February 10th, 2006, 19:35
Hi,

Is there a reason why I can't drag the Attack bonus of an NPC onto the modifier stack?

How can I generate rolls for NPCs that look as well-integrated as the ones for PC skills?

richvalle
February 10th, 2006, 19:49
Currently, no. I get the impression that is going to change.

If its an npc and you know you are going to be using some of the rolls a lot (attack, move silent, ect) set them up as hot keys. For example, I knew my group was going to be fighting Shadows for the last several games. So I had my F1 key setup as 'Shadow attack +3'. When the shadows attacked, I'd hit the f1 key and roll the die.

In most cases you (the dm) know what the roll is for so you can just use the mouse roller to set the mod in the mod box and then roll. So when my shadows were going to attack and I wanted their ini, I could roll the mod up to +2 and roll the die. The players don't see the result so how pretty/detailed it is is of little importance.

rv

Dupre
February 10th, 2006, 19:53
You'll be able to do drag individual string pieces onto the stack and elsewhere with 1.06. So if you have a string that says "Spot +5, Listen +3", you can pick those up separately.