PDA

View Full Version : Protection Cleric Domain: Resistant Touch

Vassago77
September 4th, 2017, 18:04
Hi! I am trying to create the cleric domain power "resistant touch" as an effect. I copy here the text for reference:

Resistant Touch (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch an ally to grant him your resistance bonus for 1 minute. When you use this ability, you lose your resistance bonus granted by the Protection domain for 1 minute. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

How can i set this up in FG as an effect? I basically need to take a penalty of -1 to my saving throws and give a bonus of +1 to saving throw to a target, at the same time.

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2017, 22:34
Here's how I would do it:

* Add a new power using the add button, and set the name to Resistant Touch. (Or try dragging and dropping ability if it has a link already.)
* Change the Group field of the power to "Cleric Powers"
* Change to "Preparation" mode, and set the uses to 6 per Rest/Day (or whatever your wisdom bonus gives you)
* Right click on the new power, and select Add Action->Add Effect.
* Click on new effect details, and set the effect to "SAVE: -1" with a Target of "Self" and a duration of 1 minute.
* Right click on the new power again, and select Add Action->Add Effect.
* Click on the new effect details, and set the effect to "SAVE: 1" with a duration of 1 minute.

Regards,
JPG

Vassago77
September 4th, 2017, 23:08
Hi Moon Wizards!

Your way is the best way to do it. I was hoping I could do everything with just one effect, so I would have to drag only once but it doesn't seem possible.

Am I wrong, or in the Core rulebook of pathfinder that I bought only the spells are automated? The feats and the special abilities seem not to be; so they need to be entered manually. Is there any project for including them in FG?

Also, I cannot find at all the special abilities in any of the "big" button on the right. I have to specifically open Library > Patfhinder Core Rules > Special abilities. Is it supposed to be this way or am I missing something?

Regards.

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2017, 23:14
There is no single effect, because it needs to apply different adjustments to different targets, thus the two effects.

Only the spells are automated, not the special abilities. Those would need to be added manually when needed.

There is no other way to reach the full list of Special Abilities other than through the Library menu at this time.

Happy gaming,
JPG

Vassago77
September 4th, 2017, 23:18
Great, now I know in which direction to move!

If I want to become a master in creating effects, is there any other resource than https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects ?

I am looking to find some complex examples to learn properly how to use effects at their max potentiality.

LordEntrails
September 5th, 2017, 00:27
Great, now I know in which direction to move!

If I want to become a master in creating effects, is there any other resource than https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects ?

I am looking to find some complex examples to learn properly how to use effects at their max potentiality.
There are a lot of resources on effects for 5E. Though not all the capabilities are going to be the same, they should be good inspiration and/or references. Check out the 5E stickies and wiki. You'll find stuff there as well as in the DMsGuild.