PDA

View Full Version : NPC weapon Parsing

Octavious
September 4th, 2017, 04:01
Hi , I and creating a module and the conversion guide has all the builds for the NPC's one particular one has a long sword that has a +1 damage and a +4 if fighting dragons.. here is what it shows for the weapon.

Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5
ft., one target. Hit: 1d8+1/+4 vs. dragons, slashing damage.

when I type it in FG does not recognize the "Hit: 1d8+1/+4 vs. dragons, slashing damage." part..

Is there another way to type in in so FG recognizes it and can parse it properly ?

thank you .

LordEntrails
September 4th, 2017, 04:57
I don't think so. Because that type of special property is not something I think has been done in an WotC 5E product. You might be able to give it to seperate weapon lines, but I don't think you can do this in the item (I think it will have to be done after being added to the character).

Mr. Z or one of the other effects gurus will be along shortly to hopefully prove me wrong.

Zacchaeus
September 4th, 2017, 11:45
No, LE is correct FG won't recognise a bonus against a particular type of creature - at least not automatically; it can be done via effects on the players side but not on an NPCs side.
So you'll need to split up the attack for that weapon so that it is on a different line otherwise none of it will parse at all. So I would write it Hit: 5 (1d8+1) slashing damage or 9 (1d8+4) slashing damage if the target is a Dragon.

Octavious
September 4th, 2017, 23:18
Thanks for the replies . Ill do it separately or just add a modifier if fighting a dragon.. thanks guys..