PDA

View Full Version : Books are gone

Dragontail
September 4th, 2017, 03:22
Hey,

Recently got a new system and i installed FG but most (not all) books are gone when I try to run the Update it just gives me connection errors continually

LordEntrails
September 4th, 2017, 04:54
It sounds like your connection to the FG servers are being blocked.
1) Make sure you whitelist fantasygrounds.exe and fantasygroundsupdater.exe on (all) of your anti-virus programs.
2) Make sure your internet connection is set to private, as this will often cause them to be blocked regardless of whitelisting.

Dragontail
September 4th, 2017, 05:01
no anti virus on this machine

Dragontail
September 4th, 2017, 06:09
Update seems to work but all the core rules are missing from the library

Zacchaeus
September 4th, 2017, 11:25
Did you purchase these from Steam? Have you resynced your Steam and FG accounts? Have you made absolutely sure when syncing accounts that you have the correct licence key and other credentials in settings? Is FG (in settings) pointing to the correct location where your data files are stored?

Additionally although you don't maybe have anti virus you will still have at least one firewall - even if it is only Windows Defender. You need to make sure that whatever firewalls you have are allowing FG through.

Dragontail
September 4th, 2017, 15:15
Did you purchase these from Steam? Have you resynced your Steam and FG accounts? Have you made absolutely sure when syncing accounts that you have the correct licence key and other credentials in settings? Is FG (in settings) pointing to the correct location where your data files are stored?

Additionally although you don't maybe have anti virus you will still have at least one firewall - even if it is only Windows Defender. You need to make sure that whatever firewalls you have are allowing FG through.

Thanks ...it was the resync that wasnt happening. All fixed now

Dragontail
September 4th, 2017, 17:47
Although i keep getting something popping up
*Runtime Error: Unable to save file (path) - Error(13): Permission denied

Zacchaeus
September 4th, 2017, 18:49

That means that your data files are likely in a location where you don't have permission to write to. Therefore your campaign data isn't being saved. Check that your data files are in a location where you have full read/write permission (the default - and best location on Windows is user/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds).

Trenloe
September 4th, 2017, 19:08
See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options