PDA

View Full Version : Change 'Speech Frame' for WOiN NEW Theme

MadBeardMan
September 2nd, 2017, 23:24
Greetings,

Not sure where to post this on the forums, as it's Theme related - which are extensions...

Anyway what I'm after is replacing the 'border' around the text that's marked as a Chat Frame to a blue background, but I can't seem to find a frame or anything to adjust it.

I've attached an image showing the current Chat Frame and below it what I'm after.

Cheers
MBM

Nickademus
September 3rd, 2017, 00:56
Try altering CoreRPG/graphics/graphics_frames.xml:

<framedef name="chatframe_story">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/chatframe_story.png" />
<offset>18,18,17,17</offset>
</framedef>

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2017, 04:45
The chat frame inside the formatted text controls does not have a "frame". It is just a box drawn around the text, and there is no way to customize.

Regards,
JPG

Wookiee420
September 3rd, 2017, 05:29
@Moon is there a way to make a <frame> post "gm story chat" rather than "spoken"? like get the story box you can do typing into the chat window?

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2017, 00:11
It's supposed to show up as a story entry if there is no speaker added to the story chat entry. If a speaker is added, then it should show up as a chat bubble.

If that's not the case, then I'll need to recreate and debug.

Thanks,
JPG

Wookiee420
September 4th, 2017, 00:36
wow, i need to pay better attention to what i am doing lol.

Patou
September 4th, 2017, 17:36
Greetings,

Not sure where to post this on the forums, as it's Theme related - which are extensions...

Anyway what I'm after is replacing the 'border' around the text that's marked as a Chat Frame to a blue background, but I can't seem to find a frame or anything to adjust it.

I've attached an image showing the current Chat Frame and below it what I'm after.

Cheers
MBM

It would definatly be awesome!

MadBeardMan
September 6th, 2017, 01:38
Thanks folks, and JPG/MoonWizard, such a shame as this would polish off this theme nicely and be dead useful for WotC material that have 'grey' backgrounds for all spoken aloud text.

Onwards and upwards!