PDA

View Full Version : Reference Manual Question?

madman
September 2nd, 2017, 19:56
I am creating a reference manual (and have before),but I have never done the pop out linking for images.
I am not sure what class to use for the images?

<link class="reference ??????" recordname="image.id-00001@Refman">Link Text</link>

Am I doing this right, should I do this some other way?

Madman

Zacchaeus
September 2nd, 2017, 20:06
You can see the structure for 5e here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36157-5e-Asset-Templates). If that's not suitable what ruleset are you working with?

madman
September 2nd, 2017, 20:25
PFRPG Sorry!

I looked through that and did not see the image class.

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (windowreference : image.id-00001@Refman)

I am looking to open this image as a pop out window from the link in the ref man but I get the same error with whatever prefix class I have tried i.e windowreference and all the others I tried

Nickademus
September 2nd, 2017, 22:26
imagewindow

madman
September 2nd, 2017, 22:33
I tried that the first time and it did not work for me. I must have had an error somewhere else which I have fixed since then.
Thanks
Chris

Nickademus
September 2nd, 2017, 22:51
<link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00001@Refman">Link Text</link>

Should work if Refman is the database name of the reference manual and it is open.

Talyn
September 3rd, 2017, 00:46
<link class="imagewindow" recordname="id_name_of_image">LINK_TEXT</link>

Getting the id_name is the important part, and it's case-sensitive. The @modulename is only required if you're linking to a different module, such as tokens. Otherwise FG always pulls from the current one.

Nickademus
September 3rd, 2017, 00:59
Actually, I found in the reference manual that the <picture> block requires the module name for the token even from the same module, but that' irrelevant to images and formattedtext links.

Talyn
September 3rd, 2017, 01:05
Correct, any time you refer to a token, you must use the @modulename even if you're referring to the current module. That's the only time.