PDA

View Full Version : Module Creation - Anonymous Link Help?

Gwydion
September 1st, 2017, 14:06
So, I'm trying to expand my knowledge. I'm submitting a module to Smiteworks and I'm trying to understand how to create an anonymous link. I want FG to look at the PHB if its open and find a spell/table and if its not open, look for the SRD. I was told that you need to put a "*" in place of everything to the right of the "@" symbol but I'm getting errors now in the campaign if I open and close modules.

Original Code:

<linklist>
<link class="table" recordname="tables.tab_confusedbehaviour@DD5E SRD Data">Confused Behaviour</link>
</linklist>

As I tried to revise Code:

<linklist>
<link class="table" recordname="tables.tab_confusedbehaviour@*">Confused Behaviour</link>
</linklist>

Am I close but missed a quotation or something? As you can tell, I"m not a coder.. lol. Just trying to learn. BTW, if this should be posted in another area, please feel free to move it. Thanks!

Zacchaeus
September 1st, 2017, 16:15
You are misspelling Behaviour; remember it is the US English version so it's Behavior

Gwydion
September 1st, 2017, 16:19
You are misspelling Behaviour; remember it is the US English version so it's Behavior

I actually haven't changed that. That is exactly how it is in the module and in the SRD believe it or not! Must be something else.... BTW, I thought it was odd that the SRD spells behavior that way too.. :)

Zacchaeus
September 1st, 2017, 16:36
I actually haven't changed that. That is exactly how it is in the module and in the SRD believe it or not! Must be something else.... BTW, I thought it was odd that the SRD spells behavior that way too.. :)

It no longer does; it has been corrected in test

Gwydion
September 1st, 2017, 17:58

Ok. I think I answered my own question. I think I needed to have the actually spell be set to a lookup and not just the table OR simply make sure I had a copy of the table itself rather than try to lookup the table individually. I chose the latter and think it works. Thanks, Zacchaeus.

LordEntrails
September 1st, 2017, 18:21
Gwydion, If you care to explain the solution in a bit more detail, I'll make a section in the Adventure Module Creation Best Practices guide and update that thread. This would be good info to capture in that resource.

Gwydion
September 1st, 2017, 18:52
Gwydion, If you care to explain the solution in a bit more detail, I'll make a section in the Adventure Module Creation Best Practices guide and update that thread. This would be good info to capture in that resource.

Let me make sure my change actually worked and then I will be happy to. I submitted and will wait to hear back from Lokiare to confirm what I did was correct.

Zacchaeus
September 1st, 2017, 19:49
I think you are missing a type in your link. I think it should read

<link type="windowreference" class="table" recordname="tables.tab_confusedbehavior@*">

kp9911
September 1st, 2017, 20:12
You could also check what happens using fg5eparser, this thing is handled for you in the guts of the application, also you'll get to actually select from a list of items created so you will not make mistakes with spellings.

Talyn
September 2nd, 2017, 01:17
Also you'll notice Zacc's version did not use <linklist>. That tag is only needed in a couple places now, such as the nav index for reference manual pages. For just a normal link you'd click on a page, you can skip it.