PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 1 Player Sunday 1230 EST 5e Storm King's Thunder + Sandbox

DMZeff
September 1st, 2017, 02:39
**EDIT: Group is currently full **

FG License: GM has ultimate, you only need demo
Game System: 5e

Time/Zone: 0900 PDT, 1200 EST ... I believe it's like 1400 GMT
Day of week: Every Sunday
Planned Duration: 2 hour/wk.
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 4 need 1 more.
Character starting level & equipment: 5th level w/ 500g
Character restrictions: Core book + SCAG. Let me know if you're interested in something else.

Details of your scenario: We are doing Storm King's Thunder as a backdrop for a much more fleshed out sandbox game. The world is completely open for your exploration and while there is a great event happening, you're under no obligation to follow that quest. Currently the party is doing some of the 'main story' quest while pursuing other interests.

We only run for 2 hours so it's important that you show up on time ready to go. Because of the time constraints, I try to keep combat going at a fairly quick pace. I play the NPCs logically to how I believe they would behave and do my best to make encounters interesting and unique. You'll certainly be challeneged at times, but I view my position as a DM as more of a collaborative role rather than an adversarial role. With that said, I don't pull punches or fudge dice. There is always a real risk of death and wise decisions and proper planning can go a long way toward success. It has been awhile since a player has died, but last session that almost changed.

This is not a first come first serve kind of group. We're still going with the original 4 that I recruited nearly 2 years ago and I'm very much aiming toward choosing someone that fits the group rather than grabbing the first person that replies. The more you tell me about what you enjoy about D&D, the better I can tell if you'd be a good fit for the group.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can.

Odin
September 1st, 2017, 18:55
Hello DMZeff, I would be interested in joining the group. I'm fairly new to FG and currently only have the free account, but i have many many years of experience in RPing. I have played 2e, 3.5, and a little 5e... as well as Vampire, werewolf, cyberpunk, star wars and others.

I'm not sure what character makeup is nor the style of the world you are in, but i'm hoping to either play a support-ish wizard or perhaps a Viking shield wall (Barbarian); but really i'm open to play whatever will best aid the party.

I have discord, let me know if you would like to chat a bit.

DMZeff
September 2nd, 2017, 02:33
The world is in the forgotten realms setting, but I'm open for things that aren't traditionally in FR provided that you agree not to try and hijack the game with a homebrew floating gopher race of time traveling space bandits.

PhorgottenSon
September 2nd, 2017, 04:28
The world is in the forgotten realms setting, but I'm open for things that aren't traditionally in FR provided that you agree not to try and hijack the game with a homebrew floating gopher race of time traveling space bandits.

Sure, you try and tell a race of intelligent floating gophers that have mastered time travel to stop being space bandits.

Odin
September 2nd, 2017, 06:08
LMAO... as amazing as that sounds, no i'm not into hijacking campaigns... that is no fun for anyone.

Ahh FR, that is my favorite and the one; loads of cool characters and history.

As for the homebrew, i wouldnt even call the characters i want to do homebrew. They are all concepts from base rules, the "Viking Shield Wall" is just an RP thing he is really just a barbarian with sword and board.