PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Semi-Regular Thursday Game with Alternating DMs - @ 7-11pm EST

Ramtrap
August 31st, 2017, 01:34
I have a group of four players (myself included) that are looking to start up a semi-regular campaign of Homebrew and smaller published adventures whereby we will have a rotating DM. The goal would be to play every week to every other week on Thursdays between ~7-11 pm EST; this day and time is (for now) non-negotiable as it fits our schedules. We have some general ideas of the campaign and world, but would like to involve ONE more person to better flesh out the world.

We've talked about having a central hub city, but that may prove difficult with rotating DMs, so we thought maybe it's better to each (as the DM) be the warden of one city whereby we can control the pace of the adventure. We're open to other suggestions, and there will also be the occasional one-shot opportunity, if everyone's interested in that. It's going to be a collaborative experience, so we're hoping to find someone willing to commit and be an active and engaged participant.

Note that while we are looking for another person, that person does not HAVE to alternate DMing if he'd rather just be a player. If you ARE a DM, however, please have the Ultimate License and a good bit of content already purchased (we've all got a fair amount, already).

If you're interested or would like more details, PM me or reply back, here.

Thanks!
Will

Exploder
August 31st, 2017, 02:56
Hi there,

Ive been looking for a game that fits my time frame for the past weeks and nothing worked out. This might be my chance to play but i do have some questions.

Are you guys using mostly 5e rules?
In general what type of added rules do you have?
Are you starting level 1 ? And when would you start?
When you say commitment are you asking the new player the help with the creation of your world?

Im looking to just play and not DM as ive never really played any online game and using voice chat is new to me and im a bit shy since english is not my first language.
As far as commitement i will be available on thursday nights no problem but i might not be the best to help create a world altho im willing to try to help.

Basically what i want is to play for the first time, give this a try and have some fun

I know the 5e rules and ive started playing around a bit with FG ( demo campaign ) so i know the basics
I know how to create characters using the PHB so would just need to learn how to implement that in FG

Anyways let me know if this could work ! Thx

Anchovey
August 31st, 2017, 19:00
Hi There:

If I just cut and pasted Exploder's reply that would be easier than me retyping it... lol

So, if you need one more player for a regular Thursday night game I may be in, but I'd probably need a later start time than 7:00 EST... And I'm a total newb to online play and haven't played in real life for some time but am willing to get what's needed to start. So, if any of that works for you lemme know!

Thanks

Ramtrap
September 1st, 2017, 01:35

Ramtrap
September 1st, 2017, 01:36
Hi there,

Ive been looking for a game that fits my time frame for the past weeks and nothing worked out. This might be my chance to play but i do have some questions.

Are you guys using mostly 5e rules?
In general what type of added rules do you have?
Are you starting level 1 ? And when would you start?
When you say commitment are you asking the new player the help with the creation of your world?

Im looking to just play and not DM as ive never really played any online game and using voice chat is new to me and im a bit shy since english is not my first language.
As far as commitement i will be available on thursday nights no problem but i might not be the best to help create a world altho im willing to try to help.

Basically what i want is to play for the first time, give this a try and have some fun

I know the 5e rules and ive started playing around a bit with FG ( demo campaign ) so i know the basics
I know how to create characters using the PHB so would just need to learn how to implement that in FG

Anyways let me know if this could work ! Thx

Yes, we're using 5e. Sorry, I put that in the tag but had forgotten to put in the post!
Additional rules are going to be discussed by everyone.
We're probably going to start @ Level 3.
We want the new player or GM to have an equal say in what we put in the world, insofar as rules, layout, etc.

What's your first language, if I may ask? And if you're shy, are you okay to RP, because we plan to have a fairly good mix of all of it (RP, fighting, & exploring).

Hope that answered your questions! We're still talking to some people, but we'll keep you in the loop. Thanks!

Ramtrap
September 1st, 2017, 01:39
Hi There:

If I just cut and pasted Exploder's reply that would be easier than me retyping it... lol

So, if you need one more player for a regular Thursday night game I may be in, but I'd probably need a later start time than 7:00 EST... And I'm a total newb to online play and haven't played in real life for some time but am willing to get what's needed to start. So, if any of that works for you lemme know!

Thanks

The start time's will likely be anywhere from 7-8, just depending on when everyone's available. Have you used Fantasy Grounds at all?

Hope that answered your questions! We're still talking to some people, but we'll keep you in the loop. Thanks!

Klaatu_the_druid
September 1st, 2017, 14:44
My Thursday FG/5e group recently disbanded so this looks good - I'm EST and can join weekly. I like playing clerics, but can jump in as another class if need be.

Ramtrap
September 2nd, 2017, 04:01
My Thursday FG/5e group recently disbanded so this looks good - I'm EST and can join weekly. I like playing clerics, but can jump in as another class if need be.

That's awesome. We're all gonna talk about the people that have posted and try to make a decision soon so we'll keep you posted. Thank you!

Btw, I don't know if three of us have settled on a character but I think one is gonna roll up a barbarian. I will likely go random all the way. We will probably do point but or standard array but will talk with the final person on that among other things, hopefully soon.