PDA

View Full Version : [LFP][D&D 5E][GMT+2] Tyranny of Dragons for Beginners

Cr3d1tz
August 30th, 2017, 07:04
https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/106116/assets/413883/Banner.png?1421692654

General facts

FG License: Ultimate (you can join with the Demo License)
Game System: D&D 5th Edition
Campaign: Tyranny of Dragons (Hoard of the Dragon Queen Lvl 1-7, Rise of Tiamat Lvl 8-15)
Setting: Forgotten Realms
Language: English

Time Zone: GMT +2 (aka CEST)
Day of week and time: Sunday, starting at 19:00 (7pm).
If new game, planned start date: Continuing the campaign halfway in.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Planning to hold one session per week. The duration is a minimum of 3 hours and drags on until 23:00 or 0:00 o'clock.
Term: I hope to atleast get done with Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but life is unpredictable. If we get a steady group of people and finish HotDQ, then we can continue with Rise of Tiamat.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: It will likely tilt towards roleplay, since there are plenty of roleplay sitations in the campaign. I'd say 60/40.
Number of Players in game & needed: Four people would be ideal. Spots filled.
Character starting level & equipment: Starting at Lvl 1. Class/Background related starter equipment.
Character restrictions: PHB + SCAG + DMG + UA + Volo + XGE [Please take note of the roleplay consequences of certain race choices]

Details of your scenario:

The Cult of the Dragon, headbent on creating undead dragons to fullfill some sort of prophecy, are notorious for their subtle yet vicious means to achieve their goals. Among the powers of the Sword Coast, they have earned their reputation, but rarely posed a tangible threat to the common folk. Unfortunately, that has changed, when the cult broke their concealed operations and emerged into the open, sowing death and tragedy along the many villages and townships of the Sword Coast Region. Suspicious individuals with a dark agenda seek to accomplish something that could throw the entire realm into turmoil. Yet there is hope, as four brave adventurers seek out the town of Greenest, unknowing of the fate that lies before them.

Notice: Hello everybody. I am looking for 4 complete beginners who wish to get into the game of D&D 5e and perhaps even establish their place inside a regular group. Furthermore, you should have plenty of time in the evenings and be eager enough to put up with playing 2-3 sessions every week. Female applicants get priority, because diversity is good and access should be made easier for them in my opinion. Overall, I wish to use this opportunity to experience D&D and allow a handful of people to get into D&D aswell, together with me. I insist that you stay in touch with me and atleast once a day, check your messages on Discord. I had made an attempt at hosting Lost Mine of Phandelver for Beginners, but it ended up with nobody showing up, nor saying a word about it. It's disrespectful and tramples the DM's efforts.

I don't like rule-lawyers and I definitely prefer that we keep OOC to an absolute minimum. I'd rather have you take roleplay situations seriously without defusing immersion by cracking weird jokes when they are misplaced. There will be plenty of opportunities for jokes, just not in situations when you failed to save a child or something and are faced with weeping parents. Let's just not, ok?
Last but not least, there will be no ERP (Erotic Roleplay) going on here and except for minor descriptions of gore, there will not be too much mature stuff for you to worry about. Rest easy.

What does the player need?:

FG Demo License and Client
Discord
Committment to stick to the schedule
Respect for other players and foremost the DM
Immersive Attidude (I prefer that you keep OOC to the minimum and don't break immersion)
A basic understanding of the D&D 5e ruleset.

What's the plan?: Once the players are set in stone, we will hold one introductory session in FG where everyone can familiarize themselves with the client and D&D mechanics. I will be available for questions and those, who have not yet sketched out their characters, can do so then, with or without help. If you already have a character sheet/concept, even better, let's discuss the implementation. Should there still be time on hand after introductions, we might even play the first encounter of the game to wrap up the session. We will use 27 PointBuy for the character creation. I recommend: Orc Pub Character Builder (https://www.orcpub.com/dungeons-and-dragons/5th-edition/character/generator). It's a good tool to draft a fresh character.

About me: I am David, a male university student, aged 23. I am a newbie DM from Germany and have only hosted a single session so far. My knowledge of the 5e ruleset is fair enough to make the attempt at hosting a game for other fellow newbies. I am an indoors person and am quite easygoing, but I heavily insist on punctuality and coordination efforts from your side. I do like to hug my rulebook for most stuff, but I do think that I'm capable of showing plenty of flexibility in handling ingame situations.

Application and Questions

If you are interested in joining the game, then sign up at the game calender entry first, then drop your application here in this thread.

We will use a simple form for your application:

Player Info
Name:
Experience with D&D:
How do you positively add to the table?:
What do you expect of the game?:
Availability: (actual days where you are able to make it at 7-8pm GMT+2 and onwards) [outdated: time is set]

Character Info (if available)
Name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment:
Appearance: (Picture and/or text)
Background Story:

Thank you for reading so far. I'm looking forward to your applications, feel free to ask me anything pertaining to the game.

Game Calendar Post: Click me! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2729) [First entries are just for visibility. We will actually vote on the time we want to play :) ]

warmonger22
August 30th, 2017, 11:41
Hi, i would like to express my interest in joining your group. I have had some experience with both FG and 5E, so i wouldn't say that i am a beginner. Saying that though, i would still appreciate the opportunity to learn more. My timezone is GMT+10 (Australia) so a middle of the day start for you would be ideal, but i can manage any time frame that you set.

Player Info
Name: Ash
Experience with D&D: Some
Availability: Flexible

Character Info
Name: Braegar Helm
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Appearance: tbd
Background: tbd

I will fill out the rest soon if am not deemed over-qualified for the position :)

Thanks.

Khai
August 30th, 2017, 11:50
HI, seem good, but need to know which date we will be playing before can confirm join

Name: Ash
Experience with D&D (5E only): Good
Availability: depend on day

Character Info
Name: Sandrue Darante
Race: Human variant
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Neutral Good
Appearance: tbd
Background: Sage

CraneBane
August 30th, 2017, 23:25
Player Info
Name: Boris
Experience with D&D: Extensive.
Availability: 7-8pm GMT+2 and onwards works well for me as I live in the same timezone (Denmark). Most weekdays would work - I can be pretty flexible.

Character Info
I am prepared to create my character based on the need for group synergy, but at the time of writing I am leaning towards playing a paladin or maybe a rogue. Details to follow when needed.

Leksika
August 31st, 2017, 07:39
Hey David! Leksika from the Discord here :)

Player Info
Name: Charlie
Experience with D&D: One year
How do you positively add to the table?: I have a good attitude to game flow, I like balanced party dynamics (I try to be mindful of spotlighting, and giving others their fair space and time)
What do you expect of the game?: A fun, committed group to make a memorable game with
Availability: Saturdays and Sundays 100%, weekdays variable with work (my timezone is UTC+3)

Name: Suhnnee
Race: Half Orc
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Appearance: Tall, skinny young half orc. Open, friendly face. Black hair cut short under a loose turban. Pale yellow/green skin. Missing little finger on left hand
Background [Outlander]: Suhnnee's orc mother and her people had raised him well, and he loved them all dearly for their efforts but now the time had come to strike out on his own. The people of the highlands had chuckled when they saw the young half orc stride into town, all gangly limbs, elbows and knees. They saw the great wood cudgel he dragged with him and the chuckles dried up. When the innkeeper asked him his business in town Suhnnee smiled sadly and shrugged:
"I met a girl once. She's gone now. I'd like to survive long enough to see more of the world and to meet someone like her again."

Answulf
August 31st, 2017, 09:50
Great LFG post! Welcome Cr3d1tz!

Cr3d1tz
August 31st, 2017, 10:39
Thank you, Answulf. :)
I have high hopes for my first campaign. Fantasy Grounds will cover my sorry butt for lots of stuff, so it will be fine.

Update 1

warmonger22, Khai and CraneBane are not what I am looking for. I thank you for your application regardless.

Leksika, your application was appealing to me and I got a good feeling from it.
My only gripe with it is that you have one year of D&D experience which doesn't really sit well with the whole "Beginner" thing here.
I think I would like for you to stay tuned, so I can first give other newbies some time to post their application before I decide.
If nothing too impressive comes along, then you can just have one spot. What are your thoughts?

Leksika
August 31st, 2017, 15:00
I understand completely. Please keep me updated :)

CraneBane
August 31st, 2017, 19:13
Yeah, I guess I should have paid more attention to the "beginner" aspect of your post. I understand completely, and wish you the best for your future Fantasy Grounds /D&D group.

warmonger22
August 31st, 2017, 19:41
Agreed. Totally understandable. Wishing you the best of luck mate.

Terash
September 1st, 2017, 23:40
Unless a little less experienced player pops up:

Player Info
Name: Micael
Experience with D&D: 1 year
How do you positively add to the table?: A cheerful and playful attitude while loving to keep the group together, with some focus and alive.
What do you expect of the game?: Lets see, a game with dragons involved? I'd say a fun and memorable adventure with a couple of epic moments.
Availability: Monday to Friday preferably not going beyond 1 am

Character Info (I don't mind going something else if best for group balance)
Name: Caillen Anotale
Race:Wood Elf
Class: Monk
Alignment: Lawful neutral
Appearance: (Picture and/or text) https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e2/1e/d6/e21ed61b001492f1eea992e8580a3bbb--fantasy-male-dark-fantasy.jpg
Background(Pirate) Story:
Along with two siblings, Caillen had gotten some love for standing over the rope or dangling for it, that which was to be his performance. But the idea of making a performance for others wasn't his thing, so when the circus passed by a port he joined the crew of a ship and soon enough found himself in the company of pirates. Closest thing to perfect balance with steady feet over the ropes, that was his one unparalleled trademark. But oh, how does a pirate end up a monk. Well, lets just say that when a pirate gets his *** kicked, along with the rest of the crew, by a barehanded man, if he is smart enough, he'll ask the captain for some away time to learn just that.

Tinuzz
September 3rd, 2017, 00:39
Player Info
Name: Tinuzz
Experience with D&D: Hands-on: None, watched Critical Roll and read through/memorized the PHB
How do you positively add to the table?: I like to think that I am a cheerfull fellow. I am very open minded and easy to engage with others. Can't remember ever having a conflict that couldn't be playfully/peacfully resolved
What do you expect of the game?: A fun learning experience. An even balance between RP and combat, as well as some room for friendly banter.
Availability: (actual days where you are able to make it at 7-8pm GMT+2 and onwards) Basically everyday if it is 7-8pm GMT+2 and takes about 3-4 hours. prefer the sundays

Name:Galdriel Vanderbilt
Race: Either Aasimar or Half-Elf, assumed Half-elf for now.
Class: Paladin
Background: Noble
Alignment: LG/LN
Tall.
medium/long Blonde/White hair, straight.

Chain mail with blue accents

Family crest on a silver amulet around my neck and on my Sword

My sword is stored in my Shield.
Shield is on my back and has a silver crest of Bahamut

Background Story:
Galdriel is the second born son of Lord (Gabriel, human) and Lady (Aerilaya, Elf) Vanderbilt. He has an older brother (Benedict, 28) and a younger sister (Elora, 21)

In order to maximize goodwill, Galdriel was surrounded by commoners to increase his understanding and view of the common folk.
His exposure to these people actually made him prefer being around "commoners" over the rich and famous.
This preference was noted and appreciated by the people.

Now after years of training and praying, Galdriel sets out to spread the name of Vanderbilt and protect others from threats and injustice.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Tinuzz

EDIT: I also have Discord, Teamspeak, Skype, etc.

Cr3d1tz
September 3rd, 2017, 08:28
Update 2

Terash, that's not a problem; same as Leksika you can wait it out. I imagine there's not many replies coming here from GMT people, so we might just take what we can soon. Stay tuned

Tinuzz, nice seeing you come here after seeing my LFG post on Reddit. I don't see a problem with you joining, so check your Inbox on these forums for the Discord invite. I will check there every day, so feel free to ask me anything in the meantime.

Upos
September 3rd, 2017, 19:27
player Info
Name: Ben Bosmans (Upos)
Experience with D&D: read the handbook
How do you positively add to the table?: I very rarely get angry or salty so I won't add negativity to the table, as for positive things, guess we'll see, don't know to what extend I'm good at D&D (role playing, combat, puzzle solving...)
What do you expect of the game?: a good time with memorable moments
Availability: (actual days where you are able to make it at 7-8pm GMT+2 and onwards)
everyday when we start at 7-8 pm

Character Info
Name: eldon Schepen woodhearth
Race: rock gnome
Class: druid
Alignment: chaotic neutral
Appearance:
Background Story: Elden always liked trees more then tinkering unlike everyone around him, so he never really fit in.
So when he reached adulthood he ventured outside his burrow in search of where he belongs.
He found it at the side of an old druid who lived in a cave on a mountain.
(rng really had me here, rock gnome druid, hope background is alright)

Frank_Jager
September 4th, 2017, 00:47
Hi Cr3d1tz

FG License: Demo Currently, will upgrade if required.
Time Zone: GMT+0 (UK)
Frequency: I'm looking to play Monday's no preference to evenings or mornings, will accept different timezones. Hoping for a weekly game.
Term: Looking for Long Term
Voice: I can voice chat, am able to use TS3, Mumble or Discord.

Game System: I'm looking to get into D&D 5e or perhaps Homebrew if you're willing to explain.
Game Experience: Totally new to D&D.
Fantasy Grounds: I feel like i can use the platform, watched a bunch of YouTube videos, thats what got me interested.

Character Info
Name: TBD
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Appearance: TBD
Background: Soldier

About Me: I'm a 26 year old Bar Manager, I've been playing Role-playing Game's since about age 10, started with Might and Magic VII,
which I now realize is based on D&D, played Baldurs Gate for a while and the sequel, without realizing the origins. Recently been playing Fallout 2/Tactics/4
but now looking for a multiplayer experience. Basically been floating around the edges of D&D for years now without realizing. Help me correct that mistake!!

Cr3d1tz
September 4th, 2017, 09:07
Update 3

Upos, I heard about you from your friend. Since he vouches for you, I'll give you a chance. Check your Inbox for the Discord Link.

Frank_Jagerm, sorry, I am looking to host atleast 2 sessions. Currently, I will be hosting one session on Sundays 7:00pm CEST. As for the other, we will be looking to host a game on any other day starting at 9:00pm-ish CEST. We still voting for that.

The Party is now full, we have 4/4 players. The recruitment STILL CONTINUES, so apply still, since not only am I accepting a 5th player, but there is also always a chance that somebody drops out at the beginning. Keep the applications going, I'll keep checking here.

Mengel
September 4th, 2017, 10:07
Player Info
Name: Marius
Experience with D&D: Only played 3 seating's in the past year, basically 12 hours overall.
How do you positively add to the table?: I enjoy Role-play and is a team player always keeping other players needs in mind and being respectful to the players and DM. Also I will be the tank.
I am from South Africa GMT+2, My granddad is a German, so I agree with punctuality and rules. Lol, guess it's in my blood the OCD, ect...
What do you expect of the game?: a punctual committed group as far as possible.
Availability: (actual days where you are able to make it at 7-8pm GMT+2 and onwards)
Any day will work for me, just need notice prior to schedule my life.
Name: Marcus
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: Neutral
Appearance: Marcus is very fit and has hardly any body fat, ripped and very muscular.
Has a slight brown tan and it is clear he spends a lot of time in the sun and outdoors. He has a short-trimmed beard and has light brown hair and blue eyes.
Background Story: Marcus is a farmers son, however I wish to tie his backstory into the game world in some way.

I own the Fantasy Grounds Standard License and the barbarian module.
Very committed and looking at playing D&D with other committed players.

I hope you will consider my request and there is an opening for me.

Thanking you.

PS. Will be willing to play another PC too if needed, maybe an half-elf rogue.

Regards,
Marius

Hildevdb801
September 4th, 2017, 17:47
Hi! I saw your post on Reddit, hence my freshly-made profile for this forum.

Player Info
Name: Hilde
Experience with D&D: Played one game (homebrew) a few years ago, other than that I recently read the PHB and DMG and am listening to a few podcasts.
How do you positively add to the table?: I love roleplaying and generally have a positive energy. I want everyone to have a good time, and I think my decisions would reflect that.
What do you expect of the game?: I expect a pretty chill atmosphere, especially since the game is aimed at beginners. I guess that means I also expect to learn quite a bit (I really have to write down the rules about modifiers so I don't have to go OOC all the time). But above all, enjoyment!
Availability: I would be available from 8PM CEST every day except for Monday, and probably from 7:15PM CEST also every day except Monday, but that would be a little tighter since I get home around 7 (depending on busses) on Tuesday and Thursday.

Name: Zora Ravenfield
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Appearance:
Zora is tall, but otherwise of average physical built. Her long black hair is usually braided to keep it from getting into the way. Both her skin and her eyes are a light brown, which she sees as a further confirmation of her connection to nature.
Background Story:
Zora is not from a particularly impressive family. For generations, her family lives on the outskirts of town, tending to the farm and minding their own business. When a fire enveloped the nearby forest, Zora was amongst those who gathered together to fight it. She evacuated the families closest to it and her family took in some people whose homes were destroyed. Afterwards, she and the other heroes were honored by the mayor and townsmen, with the promise that their help would never be forgotten.

Because of this chain of events, Zora knew that she was brave enough to venture into the world. She greatly respects other people's bravery and judges them by what they do rather than say, for she believes that those actions show someone's true intentions.

jinxsilver
September 5th, 2017, 01:41
Player Info
Name: Jinxsilver
Experience with D&D: Played three game (homebrew) a few years ago, other than that I Have little experience
How do you positively add to the table?:Love Fantasy and RPGs. Love Magic, and Comics. Overall I would LIke to learn D&D and find a group of people who are looking for fun and wanting to learn together. Im a little timid to play with more experience groups as i still need a better understanding of how things work.
What do you expect of the game?: I expect to have fun after a long day at work and to learn with my fellow team mates as we go.
Availability: I would be available from 8PM EST every day. Other times may work just need to hear what others are thinking and go from there.

Willing to create one based off the needs of the group :)

ClayDays
September 5th, 2017, 01:54
Hey man I am interested in joining the game I saw that on the calendar there isn't specific days and times picked for the games yet and I'd love to join if the time works out.

Bondboymnscw008
September 5th, 2017, 13:02
Name: My name is Steven

Where are you from: I am from the cold state of Minnesota

A bit about myself: I am 35 years of age with a girlfriend of almost 2 years now. I bring this up because she has said she is OK with me playing a few hours a week and I thank here every day for loving me even though I can be such a geek. I wont lie i do not have more then 12 games under my belt but I have learned a great deal and am very familiar with the 5E rules as well. I guess I would say that I am by no means a master but I do learn well and enjoy theory crafting.

I work in manufacturing and I make ammunition for a living(over 4 years now) I have been looking for extra hobbies to take up my time during the week since I work Thursday-Sundays during the day7AM-7PM(CST)(48+ hours a week). With that said I am only available to play on Tuesday's and Wednesdays morning to afternoon North American time.

My Experience: I have only ever played on a board or on roll20 for 5e in general: I have only played a few months and I have played a Human Paladin, a Human Wizard and a Half-Elf Rogue.

Character ideas: I believe that i would do well with a Half-Elf Palidin, a Half-Elf Rogue or a Half-Elf Wizard or a few others but I am VERY new to this program. Please let me know if any of this interests you. :-)

Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you.

iphark
September 7th, 2017, 09:41
Name: Benjamin

Where from: Germany

A bit about myself: I am 28, already father of 3 (way ahead of you hehe). I am still a student, albeit already in the finishing phase. Hobbies tend to be Gaming and Coding, even though I am good at neither... I am available after 8pm GMT+2 on most days (some weeks not mon or tuesday, it's not a rigid schedule though).

My Experience: None at all.

Character Ideas: As I don't know much about DnD. I fancy characters that are fast, make unusual decisions (both in combat and other). But like I said, no experience at all so I don't really know what is possible.

I would LOVE to try this.

Player Info
Name: Benjamin
Experience with D&D: None
How do you positively add to the table?: Think outside of the box
What do you expect of the game?: Fun and companionship, maybe immersion
Availability: (actual days where you are able to make it at 7-8pm GMT+2 and onwards) available at 8pm (sometimes 15 minutes later, never know what the kids are up to), 9pm would be best. Days: Tuesday, Friday, Sat, Sun

Character Info (if available) sorry, not available... (yet)
Name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment:
Background Story:

Cr3d1tz
September 7th, 2017, 10:47
Update 4

So we have 5 people for the party already and have played the first session. There will be no immediate acceptance anymore, so anyone applying now is just applying for the reserve bench, in case a player leaves the party, thus opening a spot.

Cr3d1tz
April 28th, 2018, 17:32
Looking for another player

After half a year of running this campaign, one of our crucial party members has left the game. The next session is tomorrow and I wish to fill the new gap asap. The primary requirement is that you have not yet played "Hoard of the Dragon Queen" nor "Rise of Tiamat".

Current state of affairs:

We are about halfway into "Hoard of the Dragon Queen".
The party is currently sitting on LvL 4. We are using milestone progression.
Both, the DM and the players, are noobs.

Currently the party consists of:

Gnome Druid (Circle of Twilight)
Wood Elf Monk (Way of Shadows) - kinda a rogue
Human Sorceress (Wild Magic)
Previously: Half Elf Paladin (Oath of Vengeance) - the guy who left

Schedule:

Day of the Game: Sundays (weekly)
Time: 19:00 - 0:00 CEST

Couple of important mentions that you want to be mindful of:

We are using Fumble/Crit-Tables.
Initiative is re-rolled every round.
When you fight beasts or mindless creatures, I'll aim to kill, to the best of their ability. Intelligent opponents will act upon individual plans.
Lingering Injuries are available, but not mandatory. Use it to spice up your character development if you like and add some pressure to your game.
Rules and Mechanics are subject to change. I am a new DM on a learning journey. I wish to explore and find my DM style.
A reminder: The DM's ruling is final.
We use the DM tower for a number of rolls, while simple "yes" or "no" rolls are made in the open.

What I am looking for:

In addition to the earlier mentioned requirement, I would like to find someone, who could take over as the "face" of the party and encourage the other players by engaging them now and then.
There is no experience requirement, but noobs get priority. (Fighting the good fight). Young players are prefered, but at this point not strictly asked for. There's been talks about finding a cleric, but I would leave it to your discretion on how you feel about it. It is often encouraged that you play what you want and that is no different with us.

Use the template in the thread opener or give your application a custom spin. It helps to read up on the initial thread for information. Hope to hear from you soon.

Rhoen
April 28th, 2018, 20:19
Player Info
Name:Rhoen
Experience with D&D:Only one session
How do you positively add to the table?:
What do you expect of the game?: I have some acting and improv experience, know how to read a situation or what a gm may have setup so I dont go too far off the rails for something you may not have prepared.
Availability: im basically free everyday for right now, there is one campaign that just started that I serve as a back up in

Character Info (if available) (funny enough this character is already lvl 4 as thats where I got him from the other campaign, even have a video of me stat rolling)
Name: Soran
Race:Fallen aasimar
Class:2Fighter/2 Hexblade
Major skills- Intimidation/persuasion/arcana/athletics with a 19 charisma
Alignment: Good
Background Story: Story is fairly long and would take would rather discuss how to make it mesh with your set narrative, hi's backstory may not even get an opportunity to be deemed important enough to reveal.
discord: Rhoen#9420

Otherman
April 28th, 2018, 21:34
Player Info
Name: Jonathan
Experience with D&D: 15~20 hours
How do you positively add to the table?: Not much to add here, I haven't played many games so I'm not really certain where my strengths and weaknesses lie yet but I am an all around friendly guy, albeit a little timid.
What do you expect of the game?: Hoping to meet new people and make some friends, work on and improve my RPing skills, although considering I have very little experience I am a bit intimidated by the 90% RP requirement you've set.
Availability: Weekends only

Otherman
April 28th, 2018, 21:42
--Delete this please--