PDA

View Full Version : DnD 5e FG Effects and Conditions Chain Letter or Document>?

Laerun
August 30th, 2017, 05:34
Would anyone object or have an issue with a searchable and editable list of effects codings and strings for ease of use in the FG campaign or character design/setup? Like a review, delete dupes, append, save, pass it along....? Would that be a copyright or other type of issue other than auditing the list occasionally? I know there is a wiki and mods/extensions with these sort of things, but i would really like to see a large and growing list of known and custom spell/trait/weapon/magic items/potions/actions community driven list. Maybe publish as a free community resource in Excel or another useable format for developers, GM's, and players... in that priority order. To AUDIT AND fix or test would be another matter... This community is growing strong and would love to see what people want to make and share for situational or lacking code strings, etc.

DM Laerun

Moon Wizard
August 30th, 2017, 05:43
There are already the "Complete" class posts made by Zacchaeus.

Were you thinking of something different than that?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27296-Guides-videos-and-other-helpful-information

Regards,
JPG

Laerun
August 30th, 2017, 06:05
Yes, the links and examples are great and many, but are just a handful of examples and nowhere complete. When I first started my journey into FG creation, I saw that list on Google Docs and found it very nice, but severely lacking. This is sort of off putting when you first start FG. Most folks that play will eventually come to the same conclusions. Rob2e's work is the closest I have ever came to something closer to completeness. Zac's example characters helped me out immensely in my starting phases, but are still just a beginning point for some. I would really like more of a front page or sticky thread for each game genre for this type of thing. Spell/Traits /Effects strings and coding for each Genre. These good ideas, examples, and links are all buried deep into these threads and not very noticeable to the new people in this community forum. I would like to see a submission area, a review and debate area, and an appended section, release folder each month or every two months, or even quarterly. If you took examples of other people's interests of codes, these would also add to the database or community list. The kind person that took the time to post the effects list in Google Docs had the right idea, but the list link is buried deep into to these forums. It also seems like it has not really ever been updated since I started in February.