PDA

View Full Version : LFP for 5e campaign. Play testing Fantasy Grounds through a module.

Kyuss11
August 29th, 2017, 02:21
[LFP]Thursday from 7-10 pm Eastern Time.
FG License: Gm has Ultimate , so players play unlimited
Game System: 5e

Time Zone:Eastern Time USA, etc.
Day of week and time: Thursdays starting at 7-10 pm
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Play testing Fantasy Grounds through a module and will be starting Icewind Dale or Prince of Apocalypse as a group when that is over.

Text or Voice: Mix of both
Voice software used: Discord for voice and FG text emotes for character role play.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Whatever happens meaning how ever players role play and react to situations.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, need 3 more.
Character starting level & equipment: Starting module characters or if creating new will used standard rules.
Character restrictions: Typical standard rules, room for discussion.

Details of your scenario: This campaign is to help learn new players on how to use Fantasy Grounds. Everyone is here to have fun and learn to possibly play a new campaign in Icewind Dale or Prince of Apocalypse once we have all connections and bugs figured out among players. I'm not sure how long we will play test but if everyone is having fun then we can start discussing an adventure and characters. Once everyone has made a new character from scratch using a roll or point buy system for abilities then we will start Icewind Dale or Prince of Apocalypse campaign. Discussions among all players to have house rules,play times etc will be considered and most importantly what we expect on seriousness. We all want to have fun and my goal as a gm is to find a balance between everyone to do that.

Exploder
August 29th, 2017, 02:36
Id be interested to try that!

HewjOgr
August 29th, 2017, 04:58
Definitely up to join this group, put FG through its paces, and maybe find my way back to this game and some new friends.

no FG license at this point.
No issues getting Discord up and going
No problems playing Thursday nights from 6 - 9 central time (I THINK I converted that right. :D )

Heavily involved in DnD starting with the basic set up through 4th edition, with particular emphasis on the glory days of 3rd edition / d20

Flexible on character type to fit the party's needs

Trivia Fact - Was part owner in Dragon Scale Counters before WotC went and started getting fancy with their plastic minis. :D

OldJarhead
August 29th, 2017, 16:09
Greetings,

I would love to join your group. I am pretty decent at FG, I run a group on Monday nights and am in an on and off again group on Tuesday. I recently left a group on Thursday due to "issues".

I enjoy character creation, character/group development and to me the story is the most important thing. I do enjoy a little monster killing too!!!

I don't argue with the DM or other players and I never miss a session.

Hope to hear from you, if not, have a great game and tell a good story.

DaBeef2112
August 29th, 2017, 16:41
I'm new myself and this would be perfect. If a spot is still available I'd love to join.

poppy_thompson
August 29th, 2017, 18:03
I am interested in joining the group. Although, I am an experienced user of FG and have been playing 5E since it was released. I also have a friend that might be interested in playing. He would bring with him the same experience with 5E and FG.

Fireus
August 29th, 2017, 18:47
If this groups is still recruiting I am a newbie to both FG and tabletop RPGs I have dabled with a few tables already but I'm still looking for that one group that makes a fit for me.

I have a few character ideas in mind and would really like to play as close to the core rules and stories as possible. I'm eager and ready to learn and play a good game with fun people.

Kyuss11
August 30th, 2017, 00:10
Group is full.Thank you for your interest and I will post in future if spot opens.