PDA

View Full Version : newbie looking for group

jacobmosovich
August 26th, 2017, 20:46
I have a character for dnd 5e don't have much experience playing but more watching. I have a 5E character and absolutely no hope anyone is looking for a player seeing as there is like 50 other people doing the same thing.

Fireus
August 26th, 2017, 22:24
Hey man if 4-5 of us newbies get together and find a GM we would have a group. :) Just sayin.

Elvedui
August 26th, 2017, 23:25
Well if you want to try Rolemaster I am going to start a campaign soon.

JohnD
August 27th, 2017, 00:08
Well if you want to try Rolemaster I am going to start a campaign soon.

Well done! Rolemaster kicks some serious *** in general, and in FG in particular.

Octavious
August 27th, 2017, 00:13
I actually had the same problem , when I bought FG cant tell you how many 5E games I applied for and absolutely no one would accept me or the time frame wasn't right.. So I spent some time to learn the rules and became a DM .. My very first game of D&D was me DMing Lost Mines of Phandelver.. It was a lot of fun and been DMing ever since but still consider myself a newbie. This approach may not be for everyone but what im trying to say is you don't have to be a seasoned player to DM and get a group of new ppl together to just have some fun playing..

leozelig
August 27th, 2017, 14:15
It definitely takes some time and persistence to find a game, but 5E has the most opportunities by far. Eventually something will work out!

Exploder
August 29th, 2017, 02:33
Hi there, newbie here too, looking for an EST weekly 5e game!

jacobmosovich
August 29th, 2017, 02:38
If you plan on DMing ill gladly help you help you out with it id love to try a game with you. I have a discord a twitch account a roll20 account a dndbeyond account and pretty much any accounts you can think of XD

jacobmosovich
August 29th, 2017, 02:38
Would you mind exp,aining it to me? Whats the difference and do i need pay to play cause that sucks

cyphus5
August 29th, 2017, 22:50
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39868-LFP-1-2-Players-D-amp-D-5e-Twitch-Broadcast-Wed-8PM-CST-(GMT-5-00)

Follow the link to go to my post about a new 5e game I'm starting up. Read the posts thoroughly and decide if you are interested. If so, just reply to that post!

SirGraystone
August 30th, 2017, 00:59
Yes, it can be difficult to find a campaign to play in, do check the calendar some games are open to recruiting there and are not in the forums. But don't just put your name on the list, take time to pm the DM of the game you would like to join. Be polite, introduce yourself, be honest about your experience and what you are looking in a game. Most DM will remember a well written message, even if their group are full they may invite you if a spot open.

Arkkado
August 30th, 2017, 02:10
Noob looking for a group

Wazoodust
August 30th, 2017, 17:13
I actually had the same problem , when I bought FG cant tell you how many 5E games I applied for and absolutely no one would accept me or the time frame wasn't right.. So I spent some time to learn the rules and became a DM .. My very first game of D&D was me DMing Lost Mines of Phandelver.. It was a lot of fun and been DMing ever since but still consider myself a newbie. This approach may not be for everyone but what im trying to say is you don't have to be a seasoned player to DM and get a group of new ppl together to just have some fun playing..

I did pretty much the same thing, 2 years later we're still going on, had some player changes but overall it's been a stable group and we've all learned a lot about FG in the process as everyone brings some unique knowledge to the table either out of desire or necessity