PDA

View Full Version : Maps Unmasked on their own

jojogladco
August 26th, 2017, 17:12
I like to pre-load maps due to save on load time during games. I also pre-mask the maps so that i don't have to muck with that in game either. I then use the X button on the image window to close the images.

If I reopen the image I can see it's still masked. I can come back hours or days later and the image is still masked but as soon as a player joins the game all the masking goes away, on every single image I masked during the week.

The only exception being if I leave an image open, that image won't be unmasked.

Is the work around to just leave maps open? I tried dragging the maps to the hotbar as shortcuts in the hopes that this would count as being left open but didn't have any luck. I will try leaving maps minimized next but I'm running two campaigns where players may choose to head toward any of a dozen areas in each setting. I really don't want to have 20-30 minimized maps up on the play area that I'm going to end up clicking on by mistake all the time.

Andraax
August 26th, 2017, 17:23
Ruleset? Version (Live or Test)?

jojogladco
August 26th, 2017, 17:54
Ruleset? Version (Live or Test)?

5E. Live. Afraid I'm not at home so don't know the version number offhand. Most recent time I checked for updates was this past Monday the 21st.

I've had this issue since at least last November across all the intervening updates using both assets in purchased modules and my own images.

Andraax
August 26th, 2017, 18:02
I just tried this with the 5E Live version. I masked two maps, left one up and closed the other. Pre-loaded both maps.

I then connected as a player. Both maps were masked to the player.

Both maps remained masked on the host.

Try unloading all extensions, then load them one by one to see if one of your extensions is causing this.

jojogladco
August 26th, 2017, 18:06
Don't use any extensions.

I can connect as local Host and never have an issue. It's only when external players connect that I run into the issue.

I'll assume it's WAI. No one needs to waste further time on this. Just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed the same behavior.

Andraax
August 26th, 2017, 18:08
No, that's *not* "as intended". If you're available fo a short period of time, we can experiment.