PDA

View Full Version : Want to set up a slave client

A-Bald-Guy
August 25th, 2017, 22:29
Good afternoon, I recently picked up Fantasy Grounds and an Ultimate License. I was wondering if there's a way to set up my Media PC as a slave client using the demo of FG so it just shows things like maps, images, and CT; but without the chat or the animated Dice or extra nav buttons on the right?

I play 5ed with my wife and some friends and family across the country and my kids like to watch the games on the TV (currently with a demo version attached as an extra player without a designated PC), but having someone "drive" the map so it follows where we are is tedious at the best of times.

thanks

LordEntrails
August 25th, 2017, 22:40
Welcome to the community!

Well, someone will chime in shortly with details. I think what you want to do is possible. I assume your media PC is running Windows? If so, you should be able to load FG on it (I'm not sure about Windows media O/S).

There is then an extension you can run that scales the FG map to your TV. See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33834-Map-resize-to-TV-resolution-for-Face-To-Face-games).

Is that what you are wanting to do?

A-Bald-Guy
August 25th, 2017, 22:46
Yeah, the Media PC is running Windows 10 Home, that extension looks perfect for my needs!
Thank you very much.

Myrdin Potter
August 26th, 2017, 00:17
If all you want to do is display maps, the way I would do it is run another instance of FG as player and connect to 'localhost' instead of an IP address. Then use the DM instance to display the maps and put the 2nd instance on the screen.

If you have two computers, then install FG demo on the media PC and connect normally to the main server and display that to the screen.