PDA

View Full Version : Graphic tablet

Veelivar
February 8th, 2006, 12:58
I noticed on the feature list that a griphic tablet can be used for drawing maps etc.

Does amy one use this feature? how well does it work?

Do you just select a pen from the radial menu like with a mouse? but get it adjusting thickness due to the presure?

I was wondering about getting a wacom volito 2 https://www.my-volito.com/volito/intro.asp?lang=en any ideas how well it works with FG?

DAn.

sunbeam60
February 8th, 2006, 13:12
I've got the original Volito and use it often in FantasyGrounds. In fact, I bought it because of getting Fantasy Grounds. The pressure varies opacity, not thickness, and there doesn't seem to be any way to change it. It works well, and updates in semi-realtime.

Veelivar
February 8th, 2006, 14:00
:) It iwas seeing FG supported it that I think is pushing me over the edge with wanting one.

I didn't want to buy one though and find out that it wasn't very good. I'me sure it has got to be easier to use to do maps and stuff than usign a mouse. Even if the maps are pre-drawn in an art package.

Dan.

gurney9999
February 8th, 2006, 15:25
Much easier using the tablet to draw maps 'as you go' with the tablet. I usually do maps with CC2 for maps ahead of time however.

sunbeam60
February 8th, 2006, 16:08
:) It iwas seeing FG supported it that I think is pushing me over the edge with wanting one.

I didn't want to buy one though and find out that it wasn't very good. I'me sure it has got to be easier to use to do maps and stuff than usign a mouse. Even if the maps are pre-drawn in an art package.
Dan.

I always pre-draw the maps (unless the players do something completely unexpected), but the pen good for additions to pre-drawn maps or to re-use encounter-maps, which holds a sort of base encounter area that can be quickly customized.

Having said that I find the quality of my pre-drawn maps have increased too with the tablet, so it's definitely a worthwhile purchase for a FG GM.