PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest in pathfinder CoTCT campaign

steff
August 25th, 2017, 04:17
i have been wanting to run Curse of the Crimson Throne for a looong time and as soon as I saw it in the FG store, I snapped it up.

Now I'm looking to see if there are 4-5 players available Thursday nights from 6-10 pm PST to see if the purchase was worthwhile.

Anyone out there?

Vhok
August 25th, 2017, 04:26
I will play. like to try a melee or bard
any specific build rules, classes or races allowed/not allowed. that could also change who will play( not me though)

lachancery
August 25th, 2017, 14:36
I've been I nterested in CotCT for a long time! Schedule works too! Yay!

Were you thinking of using voice chat or text? (I prefer voice)

steff
August 25th, 2017, 15:14
voice. i have been using teamspeak for the strange aeons ap i am in now (playing, not running) and it seems to be working well. I also have discord should folks prefer that.

I should warn everyone i have been playing in an FG campaign for about the last year but this is the first time i will have run a game in FG. I have ran campaigns in roll20 and i have played d&d and pathfinder since 81 but this is my first foray into FG as a GM. It might take a session or two for me to fully get my feet under me but I don't foresee any problems.

lachancery
August 25th, 2017, 15:41
TeamSpeak is also what I've been using most. No worries for GMing experience; will give pointers and assist whenever it's useful. Using a purchased adventure will ease it a bit - you won't need to figure out how to organize the data from scratch.

Blahness98
August 25th, 2017, 16:24
Call me interested.

lachancery
August 25th, 2017, 19:36
I'm thinking of playing a disgraced Sable Company or Hellknight trainee...

From a privileged lineage and a tradition of (Sable Company or Hellknight), he would have lacked judgement, as is common of spoiled young men, and become a drug addict. Getting caught not only disgraced him from his family, but also got him kicked out of his training. Korvosa is his home and the world he knows; will he be able to redeem his honour and restore his name? (Drug Addict campaign trait)

The build will depend on the allowed source material, but I'm thinking a sword & board, heavy armored front-liner.

MysticCelt
August 26th, 2017, 17:49
I would definitely be interested, the time frame works for me (6:30 PST would be better for me but 6:00 would be doable).

steff
August 27th, 2017, 03:04
So, I'm thinking of trying to start on September 7th. In the meantime I am also trying (for the first time) a page on Obsidian Portal (https://curseofthecrimsonthrone-38.obsidianportal.com/) to help manage the game.

Blahness98
August 27th, 2017, 03:19
Question.. would you allow unchained classes as the core rogue is pretty poor?

steff
August 27th, 2017, 03:24
yeah.. that's not a problem. i can support unchained classes.

Vhok
August 27th, 2017, 03:41
how do I sign up on obsidian portal?

lachancery
August 27th, 2017, 03:44
The Obsidian Portal looks cool. Like Vhok, i don't remember how to join a game on the site.

My character: human cavalier. (More details after signing up on OP.)

Vhok
August 27th, 2017, 03:51
a cavalier in a city ap... can't wait for that horse riding through shops haha

lachancery
August 27th, 2017, 04:16
a cavalier in a city ap... can't wait for that horse riding through shops haha
Haha! Fair point... I may change my class if something else tickles me, or I'll join Sable Company and ride a hippogriff... ;)

In any case, I'll be a heavy armour melee character. I'm not keen on playing a divine character again - the cavalier was a good alternative to the paladin's smiting.

Vhok
August 27th, 2017, 05:50
seems like we got enough melee maby I won't go fighter and do my gnome bard instead

lachancery
August 27th, 2017, 06:13
seems like we got enough melee maby I won't go fighter and do my gnome bard instead
Initial Interests so far are:

Lachancery: heavy armored melee (human cavalier?)
Vhok: gnome bard?
Blahness: unchained rogue?
MysticCelt: ?

Vhok
August 27th, 2017, 06:48
would I be allowed to play a thundercaller bard? I'm not sure if its allowed or not

Vastroc
August 27th, 2017, 07:44
This game is at a perfect time for me, unfortunately I have recently joined a weekly (On Sat) game already. How long is this module and do you plan on running it every week? Not sure if I can play 2 games every week long term without pissing off my wife too much. I would like to see if I can work it out somehow.

Vhok
August 27th, 2017, 07:53
it is a full length AP (level 17ish?) and he says every Thursday on the obsidian portal page

steff
August 27th, 2017, 15:42
it is a long adventure path. i had planned on running every thursday but, as i'm finding in my saturday game, we don't always get to meet. i have found that inevitably, when coordinating with people strewn across the continent, there are often people who are tied up and every once in a while you have to cancel.

that being said, i'm not opposed to adjusting game times to accomodate. every week? every other week? start time 6:30? i get home from work at 5:00 and i have a fam so every once in a while i have to put the game off for a kid function or because the wife is mad that day/week/month. you know how it is.

Vhok
August 27th, 2017, 15:54
weekly is preferable for me. not that I expect every week till its done. breaks are expected.

steff
August 27th, 2017, 16:05
check your FG inbox for more information.

steff
August 27th, 2017, 16:07
I updated the wiki on Obisidian portal to reflect the rules on backstory so check it out.

steff
August 27th, 2017, 16:19
@Vastroc

Bummer. I also am in a Saturday game (Strange Aeons) and I know all too well how it is trying to balance gaming life and real life, especially when there is a spousal unit involved.

The key is to be married long enough that she looks forward to time away from you. Then, free to game at will.

I kid of course. Keep us posted and if you decide to make the leap, we will hopefully work it out.

Thanks for checking it out.

steff
August 27th, 2017, 16:26
OK.. Based on what I am seeing, it looks like we have 4 warm bodies; Vhok, lachancery, blahness98, and MysticCelt.

Am I reading that wrong? I sent each of you the same message in a private message with some more instructions (server name, etc) so go ahead and start making characters.

I have one other person from my regular life who is nibbling at the bait so for now we will call the group full although if someone doesn't/can't make it work we may recruit more players as required.

I look forward to seeing the characters that show up.

Thanks for the interest and let me know if you have any questions.

Blahness98
August 27th, 2017, 17:58
I was playing around with a few options, but I don't exactly know. Have an idea for a non lethal build or an old man oracle. Like I said, still playing with it.

lachancery
August 27th, 2017, 18:54
I was playing around with a few options, but I don't exactly know. Have an idea for a non lethal build or an old man oracle. Like I said, still playing with it.
Heh, got a pretty cool visual: the varisian "gypsy" or the shoanti "shaman" moods make neat backgrounds for an oracle in the Korvosa setting, though I think the harrow deck rules are not in the allowed material.

Blahness98
August 27th, 2017, 20:34
Yeah, was actually looking at taking some aging penalties as well for the old man, but I don't know how that would fly.

lachancery
August 27th, 2017, 22:05
Blahness & Vhok: there is a thread that started on Obsidian Portal for characters.

Looks like the initial party might be:

Lachancery: bloodrager (steelblood archetype)
Mystic: witch
Vhok: bard
Blahness: oracle

That's a pretty solid party if that's where we end up.

Vastroc
August 27th, 2017, 23:12
Unchained Monk has interested me for a while. Would play a non vital char (traps/healing) if I can work it out.

Vhok
August 28th, 2017, 01:06
my bard archetype is not from the allowed books so I'm just going to wait and see what everyone else is playing before I decide on a guy

Sumony
September 5th, 2017, 23:17
Do you still have room? I would love to play if so

umanami
September 7th, 2017, 18:52
I have always wanted to try FG and like the PF system, but I usually wouldn't be home from work and eaten unti 7pm PST... A problem?

Vhok
September 8th, 2017, 02:45
we are full