PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Society #1-01 The Commencement WED 30AUG @ 3:30Pacific

corwynn
August 25th, 2017, 03:44
I'm going to run a Starfinder Society game on Wednesday 8/30 running from 3:30pm to 8:30pm Pacific—(6:30pm to 11:30 pm EST, same as Tuesday's slot). Pregens will be provided if needed. The FG Teamspeak server will be used for voice and the calendar invite for signups is provided below.

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-2.

All Starfinders complete their training by conferring with Guidance—a network of uploaded personalities embodying paragons from the Starfinder Society's history. Before receiving the blessing of Guidance, the PCs must meet with and assist critical missions on behalf of key leaders of the Society's leading factions. With the events of the Scoured Stars Incident still fresh in everyone's memory, there's plenty that needs doing to set the Society back on track.

The Commencement is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to the factions of the Starfinder Society and areas of importance on Absalom Station.

A Pathfinder Society number will be required and can be obtained from the Paizo website.

Written by Eleanor Ferron.

Game Calendar Signups HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2720)
Game Forum Discussion Below

goodmanje
August 25th, 2017, 15:26
Thanks for the invite! How exactly do we setup the characters if FG since the character sheets will be a little different? Do you have an example character I can take a look at?

Talen
August 25th, 2017, 16:12
The pregens have been input into fg and can form a good basis. The files are here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39638-Using-the-PFRPG-ruleset-to-Play-Starfinder&p=351040#post351040

goodmanje
August 25th, 2017, 18:30
Thanks Talen

corwynn
August 26th, 2017, 00:17
Probably the most important thing that is different is the Armor Class. You'll want to use "touch" AC as your EAC, and regular AC for your KAC. Any energy weapons/attacks will use the "touch" mechanics so that they check against the "touch" (EAC) value.

Skills are obviously just changed manually on the skill sheet, so while they're significantly different, you shouldn't have an issue tracking them. You can check out the thread on playing SF in FG for a little more info. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39638-Using-the-PFRPG-ruleset-to-Play-Starfinder)

JackalAion
August 26th, 2017, 05:31
Here is the stuff for me.

goodmanje
August 27th, 2017, 07:03
Here's my character.

SFS Number: 230003-701

Talen
August 27th, 2017, 13:45
SFS Number: 37840-703

JackalAion
August 27th, 2017, 14:03
Just saw an email from Fantasy Grounds saying that they're working on the starfinder format.

danextpope
August 28th, 2017, 19:21
Is there a ruleset I need to grab to generate the character for export?

JackalAion
August 28th, 2017, 19:35
Is there a ruleset I need to grab to generate the character for export?

FG staff is working on one at the moment. Send talen pdf out your character or post it here. I'm sure he'll help you

corwynn
August 28th, 2017, 21:07
FG staff is working on one at the moment. Send talen pdf out your character or post it here. I'm sure he'll help you

This is my session. Pathfinder set works. Use touch AC for EAC. Put Stamina as temp hp.

danextpope
August 29th, 2017, 12:55
This is my session. Pathfinder set works. Use touch AC for EAC. Put Stamina as temp hp.

Thanks. Will get this up when I get home. Looking forward to the game.

JackalAion
August 29th, 2017, 19:03
I'm not to sure but I may be called into work tomorrow. I'll know more then

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 29th, 2017, 21:55
I'm excited to try out this new system! I'd like to use a Solarian Pregen if available. I think it's the Kasatha.

JackalAion
August 29th, 2017, 22:44
I'm excited to try out this new system! I'd like to use a Solarian Pregen if available. I think it's the Kasatha.

Space battle is fun

danextpope
August 30th, 2017, 02:40
Since there was a plethora of soldiers in the party already, went with a different character than originally planned.

SFS Number 254179-703

corwynn
August 30th, 2017, 04:30
Since there was a plethora of soldiers in the party already, went with a different character than originally planned.

If today's session of The Commencement was anything to go by, the most trigger happy folks around are envoys. ;)

We're using FG Community Teamspeak (ts.fg-con.com | Dungeoneers) for voice—use channel: Starfinder Society - GM Corwynn. The Fantasy Grounds server *should* be up and stable by morning, so you can log in at any time from then on and reasonably expect to be able to access your characters to fiddle with them before the game starts.

We're playing it a little by ear for a couple of players, but I anticipate no problems in having a legal table.

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 30th, 2017, 04:41
Sorry guys, I just noticed my Timezone was still fixed on Bangkok in the settings. I moved to Germany this year. Just logged in and wondered where everyone was xD
At least I built a Starfinder Society Character in the meantime.

danextpope
August 30th, 2017, 13:02
If today's session of The Commencement was anything to go by, the most trigger happy folks around are envoys. ;)

Well, "All diplomacy is a continuation of war by other means." So I guess it makes sense :)

JackalAion
August 30th, 2017, 13:57
So far I haven't been called for work. If I do it might be within an hour or two.

gagsmith
August 30th, 2017, 14:36

I resemble that remark :p

opuswild
August 30th, 2017, 16:37
I'm going to run a Starfinder Society game on Wednesday 8/30 running from 3:30pm to 8:30pm Pacific—(6:30pm to 11:30 pm EST, same as Tuesday's slot). Pregens will be provided if needed. The FG Teamspeak server will be used for voice and the calendar invite for signups is provided below.

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-2.

All Starfinders complete their training by conferring with Guidance—a network of uploaded personalities embodying paragons from the Starfinder Society's history. Before receiving the blessing of Guidance, the PCs must meet with and assist critical missions on behalf of key leaders of the Society's leading factions. With the events of the Scoured Stars Incident still fresh in everyone's memory, there's plenty that needs doing to set the Society back on track.

The Commencement is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to the factions of the Starfinder Society and areas of importance on Absalom Station.

A Pathfinder Society number will be required and can be obtained from the Paizo website.

Written by Eleanor Ferron.

Game Calendar Signups HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2720)
Game Forum Discussion Below

Hey there - I'd love to join, been really wanting to try out Starfinder.

What do you need from me outside of my Pathfinder Society number? I'd love to play an Android or an Ysoki if there's any pregens for them available...

JackalAion
August 30th, 2017, 18:01
Great news, I haven't been called yet and the shift starts in half an hour.

corwynn
August 30th, 2017, 22:26
Basically show up on FG and in TeamSpeak, opuswild, and if we're not full at 3:30, you're in as a pregen.

corwynn
August 31st, 2017, 09:52
Chronicles attached...

corwynn
August 31st, 2017, 09:53
Last two Chronicles. Welcome to Starfinder Boons will be uploaded later for those of you crediting your 701.

JackalAion
August 31st, 2017, 14:58
Did we really gain 2 xp from that?

Talen
August 31st, 2017, 15:23
Pretty sure thats just a data entry error. Mine says 1 xp

corwynn
September 1st, 2017, 00:32
Yeah, I made an oopsie on that Chronicle.

corwynn
September 1st, 2017, 02:44
Will have the Welcome boons out a bit later, but for now, it's worth checking https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/ to see the 01-02 Fugitive on the Red Planet event next Wednesday. It's set to private since we had a full (and then one) table, and includes only people not invited to the OTHER session running next week. Currently that means we have 6 invites out. I will entertain adding people if someone can't make it or there is an issue with the other session's timing for someone and they want in.

Talen and I are trying to work up a schedule going forward that will help the regular extended group plan for sessions in advance. That schedule is tentatively going to include Incident at Absalom Station, starting in September. This Adventure Path will NOT be running in event mode, and will thus have chargen rules we hash out in advance. (Yes, that DOES mean you're likely going to get to play Space Orcs if you so desire. I know I'm looking forward to being able to punt a gnome in zero gravity...)

Wookiee420
September 1st, 2017, 05:08
https://www.starfindersrd.com/

corwynn
September 6th, 2017, 04:55
Welcome boons are finally here. Sorry for the delay. :)

Talen
September 7th, 2017, 03:25
Thanks for a fun game guys. I've finished the reporting for the overflow table. Dog, here is your chronicle, the remainder have been emailed. Let me know if you have any questions or find any errors.

danextpope
September 7th, 2017, 13:03
Thanks for a fun game guys. I've finished the reporting for the overflow table. Dog, here is your chronicle, the remainder have been emailed. Let me know if you have any questions or find any errors.

And thank you for both running the game and the quick turn around