PDA

View Full Version : LFP [5e] long term - Embers from a Chimney

skj310
August 25th, 2017, 03:13
FG License: Standard FG license
Timezone: Australia Eastern Standard Time GMT10
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Thursday's between 10:00AM-1:30PM (which works out to Wednesday 18:00-21:30MST in North America)
Term: Long Term
Chat: Required, Discord
FG Game Calendar: click here! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2711)

Game System Experience: D&D 5e
Roleplay & Combat mix: Narrative, and would like player backstories to get into roleplay
Character starting level & equipment: Starting at Lvl 1 with Class/Background starting gear
Character restrictions: PHB +SCAG +EE +Volo -UA

Details of your scenario:

Everyone has heard of the Tosculi, everyone knows they live in enormous Hive cities, everyone knows ... nope, that's it! Not much else is known about this elusive people.

Refugees have begun to arrive en masse to the large Metropolis cities of the Southlands, and the glorious Per-Bastet of Nuria Natal is no exception. The refugees all have one story in common, the Tosculi are invading!

Six months have passed since your arrival to Per-Bastet, and you have adjusted to this new life as a refugee living in the refugee camps. But the horror of that night, watching family and friends being killed, being taken … those nightmares will not go. Instead you stoke and fan this fire for revenge, using these embers to drive yourself out from the camp and back into the world, to strengthen yourself through experience and discovery, to ready yourself for the day when you can strike back!

Notice: Am looking for 4-5 players!

What do I need? Basic knowledge of D&D 5e rules. Friendly and respectful attitude.

What's the plan? Session 0 to create characters and intro to the variant/optional/homebrew rules that will be employed. Starting stats will be 6x 4d6 (drop lowest d6) and 2 of the rolls must have a score >=15, otherwise reroll all 6 stats. 1st character build the 6 rolls will coincide with STR/DEX/CON/INT/WIS/CHA, but subsequent character builds can use the 6 stats as you would like. The above scenario details give a common intro for the characters, but your backstories will be your own, and will flavour the adventure.

About me: I've enjoyed life as a Player, so now its time for me to try to give back to the community by running a narrative style game. I’ll do my utter best to make this adventure as immersive as possible, but to do this means that I will need your help. The descriptor above is just a means to give common grounds for players to get together and work together, but your backstory is your own, and I urge you to create one! I enjoy trying to bring your story into mine, and weave a narrative that everyone can enjoy.

Anchovey
August 31st, 2017, 19:30
Are you still looking for players? I need to figure out what time you're talking in EST Eastern Canada time zone though, lol.

New to online play entirely but definitely up for learning. Did play back in the day and would be excited to start again.

Friendly and respectful I can respect!

skj310
September 1st, 2017, 15:04
sent you a pm anchovey, did you receive? also just follow the game calendar link

Anchovey
September 1st, 2017, 16:08
I got it thanks, but the timing is a bit off for me sadly. I think I've found a group to get started with, but maybe our paths will cross in the future!

briar8990
September 1st, 2017, 17:50
If it hasn't filled yet, I am interested. Been out of the DnD scene for a while now and ready to get back to it. I'm open to any role, and look forward to checking this campaign out. I've heard good things about Southlands!

skj310
September 2nd, 2017, 01:02
No worries Anchovey ... I thought your timezone woulda put it into work hours. Cheers and good luck with the group!

@briar8990 - certainly ... just hit the game calendar (link in initial post above) and signup, once signed up there's a little more info within the game calendar (i.e. joining my discord server). After which I'll be posting news via discord.

briar8990
September 2nd, 2017, 02:00
@skj310 Just waiting for you to hit accept :P

TheDux
September 4th, 2017, 11:29
Morning. I applied on the calendar. Looks like you might be full but I wanted to give it a shot. Let me know if there is still space for 1 more player that loves the idea of playing an organic character (stats rolled in order).

Samzagas
September 5th, 2017, 03:04
Are you still looking for players?
If so, I'm interested in your game.

Paetron
September 5th, 2017, 21:39
Hey SKJ,

I'd love to join you on the journey!

Let me know if you need 1 more spot filled.

Thanks!

skj310
September 10th, 2017, 15:49
Hello people that have expressed interest ... I wanted to check with the initial 6 that signed up, to see which of you are still in. I just received a PM for 1 dropping out, all good there, but i've not received a message from a couple others. Therefore @Meskall, @twistedtechmike, @DaBeef2112, @Ventis, @briar8990 which of you are still in for certain? If you're still in and have not yet signed up to my discord server, please look at your private messages for the link, and signup.

skj310
November 19th, 2017, 22:56
Looking for 1 additional player ...