PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Society #1-01: The Commencement - Tues Aug 29 6:30 to 11:30 EST

Talen
August 25th, 2017, 00:13
I'm going to run a Starfinder Society game oon Tuesday 8/29 running from 6:30pm to 11:30 pm EST. Pregens will be provided if needed. The FG Teamspeak server will be used foor voice and the calendar invite for signups is provided below.

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-2.

All Starfinders complete their training by conferring with Guidance—a network of uploaded personalities embodying paragons from the Starfinder Society's history. Before receiving the blessing of Guidance, the PCs must meet with and assist critical missions on behalf of key leaders of the Society's leading factions. With the events of the Scoured Stars Incident still fresh in everyone's memory, there's plenty that needs doing to set the Society back on track.

The Commencement is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to the factions of the Starfinder Society and areas of importance on Absalom Station.
A Pathfinder Society number will be required and can be obtained from the Paizo website.

Written by Eleanor Ferron.

Game Calendar Signups HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2719)
Game Forum Discussion HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39816-Starfinder-Society-1-01-The-Commencement-Tues-Aug-29-6-30-to-11-30-EST)

JackalAion
August 25th, 2017, 01:03
I see you didn't invite me :p it's all good, I applied. And the best part, you have my stuff already. :3

Talen
August 25th, 2017, 01:19
Wasnt sure you could make it with work, but I just accepted you in the calendar

JackalAion
August 25th, 2017, 01:44
I'll make it. Just a little late. If that's still ok that is.

goodmanje
August 25th, 2017, 02:40
And....it's full.

corwynn
August 25th, 2017, 03:19
I can probably run this scenario another time next week which might 100% fit Jackal's time constraints and allow goodmanje to get in as well. Jackal, is it basically that you need a one hour later start time?

JackalAion
August 25th, 2017, 03:24
I can probably run this scenario another time next week which might 100% fit Jackal's time constraints and allow goodmanje to get in as well. Jackal, is it basically that you need a one hour later start time?

If it's starts at 7pm Central Time I can make it no problem. And as long as it's not on Tuesday.

corwynn
August 25th, 2017, 03:25
So a 7:30 central on Wednesday works?

corwynn
August 25th, 2017, 03:30
Sorry, I added the half an hour in my head. I meant 7.

JackalAion
August 25th, 2017, 03:31
I'm actually off work the next two Wednesdays so anytime is good

corwynn
August 25th, 2017, 03:40
Ok, I'll make a new thread for the second instance. That way we can not immediately overburden Talen (and maybe he wants to play on Wednesday) ...

JackalAion
August 25th, 2017, 03:43
Ok, I'll drop from talens to make room

corwynn
August 25th, 2017, 03:46
All right, there's a second instance up, info and discussion HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39825-Starfinder-Society-1-01-The-Commencement-WED-30AUG-3-30Pacific).

corwynn
August 25th, 2017, 03:56
JackalAion confirmed, Talen and Goodmanje invited.

Talen
August 27th, 2017, 13:54
For those playing in the Tuesday game, we are at a full table so game is confirmed on.

If you have not played with me previously, please send me:

1. Your character (or the name of the pregen you care to use)
2. Your starfinder society name and character number if you have one
3. A portrait for your pc if you dont want me to select one
3. Your email address if you want your chronicle mailed as opposed to posted here.

My email address is in the calendar. It's easier if you obtain your starfinder number from the Paizo site directly, but I can send you a number if you are unable. You can send your chracter in any format you care to - I can input into FG if you get it to me by Monday early evening EST at the latest.

Talen
August 29th, 2017, 11:56
The server is up now for todays game for anyone that wants to get the load out of the way before gametime or to test their pc's. I will need to reset the server when I get home so you may get kicked at some point if you stay logged in, but that should only be for a minute or 2. Please remember the new server alias is in the calendar and we will be using the FG teamspeak server for voice. If you have any questions, just give a shout!

Talen
August 29th, 2017, 17:43
We have one more spot freed up tonight if anyone is interested.

opuswild
August 29th, 2017, 19:35
I'd totally be in but I've barely had a chance to read the rules yet (just got the book on the weekend). Don't want to drag everyone down lol.

Have fun! Maybe I'll catch the next one.

Talen
August 29th, 2017, 19:45
If you know pathfinder or any other d20 based game
You'll be comfortable here. Youre welcome to a pregen if you've the interest and time.

DMReckless
August 29th, 2017, 19:53
Hey, I'd like to join. I missed my chance to play the commencement during gen con 'cause I was running demos. I'll get my character put together after looking through this thread.

opuswild
August 29th, 2017, 19:54
If you know pathfinder or any other d20 based game
You'll be comfortable here. Youre welcome to a pregen if you've the interest and time.

I haven't played Pathfinder in some years, but play DnD quite consistently. I just don't want to bring the group down by asking questions constantly, heh.

corwynn
August 30th, 2017, 04:37
I haven't played Pathfinder in some years, but play DnD quite consistently. I just don't want to bring the group down by asking questions constantly, heh.

These specific scenarios are totally designed for new players. There's an instance tomorrow with space if you're interested: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2720

gagsmith
August 30th, 2017, 14:37
Once again great session Talen!

Talen
August 31st, 2017, 02:33
Hendell, here are you chronicles for the session including your "Welcome to the Society" boon that you can apply to the pc your create. I have your web code for the society number I assigned to you if you care to explore the society character further. Send me an email and I can send it to you.

Talen
August 31st, 2017, 02:35
The game has been reported and you should all have your chronicles. If you did not receive it (either here or via email) - or you find any errors - let me know and I will resend or correct.