PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater Creek Handouts

Captcorajus
August 23rd, 2017, 23:08
What is the DEAL? Seriously, its 2017 you can use bigger image files!

I'm am NOT happy with this product at all. The image files are so small as to not be usable. The summary of confessions by Ezekiel Cade type is far to small to read, and if you try to zoom in, the compression is so bad, that all you get is smudges.

Seriously. So many COC adventures are like this, its rather frustrating.

ddavison
August 24th, 2017, 00:29
What is the DEAL? Seriously, its 2017 you can use bigger image files!

I'm am NOT happy with this product at all. The image files are so small as to not be usable. The summary of confessions by Ezekiel Cade type is far to small to read, and if you try to zoom in, the compression is so bad, that all you get is smudges.

Seriously. So many COC adventures are like this, its rather frustrating.

Thanks for the feedback. We can check with the developer for this one. My guess is that many of the handouts were generated from PDF as snapshots and that could be the limiting factor.

We do offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you are unhappy with the product. It may be possible to fix it with a higher res version of the handout, but I won't know that until we hear back from the developer.

Captcorajus
September 18th, 2017, 01:20
I'm not sure what the problem is. I purchased the PDF and made my own handouts, and they turned out great.

I wouldn't have said anything, but I've purchased quite a few Coc modules for FG, and they are plagued with this issue. The file resolution is very poor.

I've purchased a lot of modules for other games systems, D&D and the like, and this isn't an issue, but for CoC stuff it is. I understand that file size use to be a problem with FG
but I use FG every week, create my own adventures and some of the files I've used are fairly large, and I don't have a problem with them, so I can't understand why
they are using such small files.

I know its probably too labor intensive, but seriously, all the CoC modules need to be looked at.