PDA

View Full Version : LFP x 5 - D&D 5e, Out of the Abyss, Friday Nights

MrNevada117
August 19th, 2017, 01:42
I will be running Out of the Abyss played weekly on Friday evenings around 19:30 (7:30pm) PST until about 24:00 (12:00am) PST, but could go longer.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2709

FG License: Standard
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: Pacific, USA
Day of Week and Time: Friday 1930 - 24:00 PST
Duration & Frequency: 4+ hours, Weekly
Text or Voice: Voice.
Voice Software Used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat Mix: 50/50
Number of Players In-Game & Needed: 5 players needed
Planned Start Date: August 25th, 2017
Character Starting Level: Level 1.
Character Restrictions: https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkWRwWaov-

Details of the Scenario:
Captured by the drow, an ill-fate for anyone to be sure. Stricken down in combat, poisoned or simply sold, it doesn't matter now, you have no memory of how you got to this dark prison. Stripped of all your gear, and have only your wits and will to escape alive.

Beware the Underdark, for more is happening in it's dark depths than what appears...
Thanks folks!!!

P.S. This will be my first time running a game through Fantasy Grounds (I have spent 92 hours on Steam getting into it), and purchased the official module for ease of use on my first time using FG.

Kaendris
August 19th, 2017, 02:31
Heya Mr. Nevada, I would be interested in taking part in this. I played a lot of 3.5 and some 4e, but I confess I would be new to 5e. That being said, I am in the process of reading through the DM-G and PH right now, so I should be up to speed shortly.

I was hoping to find something local and in person, but alas... no dice. (Pun intended). Fantasy Grounds seems like a wonderful secondary option and I LOVED the Underdark Stuff in 3e.

That's it really! I can easily do Friday Nights and have no trouble with a 4 hour session. So if you are still taking players, I am game... (pun intended again).

MrNevada117
August 19th, 2017, 02:39
Ha. Ironically, I am stuck in the same boat, the players that are around me can't game, so, no local game T.T. It's fine that you're new, as long as your mature and cool with mature themes.

Go ahead and put your character in the calendar (just above the FG License) and put your character concept in, and either Sunday or Monday, I'll take a look at all of those who posted and choose from there :).

Kaendris
August 19th, 2017, 02:44
Sounds good.

Give me a little bit of time to become familiar with the new material and I'll start a background. I will get it in no later than mid-day tomorrow

Tobimarsh
August 19th, 2017, 09:10
Interested in playing. Pretty familiar with both fantasy grounds and 5e at this point

MrNevada117
August 19th, 2017, 09:31
Interested in playing. Pretty familiar with both fantasy grounds and 5e at this point

Thanks, go ahead and give me your character idea and a bit about him in the Calendar, and either Sunday or Monday, I'll take a look into it.

Draconism
August 19th, 2017, 11:44
I'm interested in this.

Kaendris
August 19th, 2017, 16:42
Ha. Ironically, I am stuck in the same boat, the players that are around me can't game, so, no local game T.T. It's fine that you're new, as long as your mature and cool with mature themes.

Go ahead and put your character in the calendar (just above the FG License) and put your character concept in, and either Sunday or Monday, I'll take a look at all of those who posted and choose from there :).

Posted. Though I am still fleshing through the background a bit. I want the character to have a purpose to it's existence, not just "go kill things and level". At the same time, I don't want a deep story that takes away from the campaign. The campaign should be the book, his pursuit a flavor throughout a few chapters.

Right now I am kicking between: Monk that trades on behalf of the Monastery is captured while outside the walls. Monk that was hiding from a past (last noble of a dead house, crime he didn't commit, one deal gone wrong) meets that past and ends up a slave. Monk loses someone very close to them, leaves the Sanctuary and discovers they have been sold to the Drow.... so he foolishly follows.

Going with the 3rd one for now. Totally up to suggestions though, again, no desire to take over the campaign, just have some personal spice.

wgdevanna
August 19th, 2017, 18:35
I applied on calendar. I put down Monk, but I see that Kaendris want Monk. I am comfortable with Cleric, but can play anything.
I am somewhat familiar with FG, but haven't play in a bit.
Gregg

Jeaucide
August 21st, 2017, 19:59
Hey, I applied on the calendar. I would very much like to get into another regular game. I currently DM a game in FG and play in another game. I am have a fairly good handle on 5e rule set and I am pretty good at working with the FG tool set from the player and DM side. I enjoy this hobby and am pretty easy going about the way things go during a session. I play to have fun so I don't act in a way counter to that goal. I am also reliable and have a stable home situation that leads to me being very consistent.

Bilz
August 21st, 2017, 22:49
This looks awesome. Unfortunately, it would be 10:30-3 here on the east coast, and that's a no-go for me. Good luck and have fun.

cdog
August 22nd, 2017, 08:24
If you still have space, I am interested in joining up, I am:

FG License: Ultimate License.
Time Zone: PST, USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Seeking weekly or bi-weekly game on any non-Thursday with a start time from noon to 9PM.
Term: Would like to play through a module, possible long term group member.
Voice: Yes, can do.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: D&D 1-3.5, I am new to D&D 5E and am schooling up on it quickly.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand new but ready to learn and game. Computer software and hardware expert, I should be up to speed with a little help from my (as yet unmet) online FG friends. Would be grateful to get some help with getting up to speed with FG with another player/GM 1 on 1.
Character Type Preferred: I enjoy most any character class and prefer to play the missing character to help provide a balanced party. All alignments are doable, but prefer to not simply kill everything/character/town we meet...
About me: Veteran D&D gamer, although I am new to D&D 5e and Fantasy Grounds. I am mature (enough), play well with others, and want to get schooled up with FG so I can eventually run games for others/give a friendly DM the night off now and then. If we do not fit in FG I will not unfriend you on Facebook or otherwise be an idiot :o)

Let me know if you still have room please, thanks,
Chris (aka, CDog)

Malhavoc76
August 23rd, 2017, 00:33
Hello. I am new to FG. I have been playing on Roll20 and would like to try FG. I am 41 years old and have been playing and DMing for 30+ years. If you still have room let me know. I can play almost any class and like to fill holes in a group.

shanushaynus
August 23rd, 2017, 17:47
I would like to join if you are still looking for players. I played AD&D a few times back in the day and have gotten into 5e in the last 6 months or so. I am new to Fantasy Grounds, but plan to purchase the one time license if I can find a regular game. I'm in the central time zone, so this will work out perfect for me to get home after work. I like to play a Dwarf Paladin which would be interesting against the Drow. I'm also recently stated reading the Drizzt series. I'm open to playing other race/classes if needed, seems like this campaign needs a sneaky one.

Savage2OP
August 31st, 2017, 00:00
Hello I would love to play this campaig setting. I am 25 years old. I only have about 5-6 weeks of play under my belt before the dm moved away. I have a bunch of books even some frog god games stuff. So I can easily read up on anything I dont understand right away. But I'm a huge nerd I don't think I be that much of a problem. I am new to fantasy grounds so it won't hurt my feelings if you say no or don't have room. Please let me know.