PDA

View Full Version : Need your help on a couple of errors

Glad
August 18th, 2017, 10:12
Hello there!

Running PotA official campaign, I would like you help on the attached error all my players have when they join my game.

I also have other wierd issues:
When I preload a map, each time at least one player can't see the fog of war when I reveal the map, they just see the tokens. Sometime after a long time (at least 30min), if I reveal again the fog of war again, then it appears to them. Rest of the time they just have to restart FG couple of times hopping it works.. edit:other posts mentionned that already, Ill try to unshare couple of images/maps if its a memory issue?

Each time a player connect to my game, FG freezes for 2/3min.

Running DD5E ruleset with a couple of extensions( DOE base + sound, enhanced image). Didnt try yet to load without any extensions though..
I am also supposed to have a very high connection speed (~1Giga).

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2017, 10:52
What are you sharing with your players - apart from the maps and images in PotA (i.e PHB and?).

How many players do you have and do they all connect at the same time. Transfer of data can take a long time if a lot of players join at the same time.

Glad
August 18th, 2017, 11:11
Maybe some old homemade maps shared before might cause this issue....ill retry after unsharing a couple of them.
I have between 3 and 6 players, but game freeze 2min also if only one player is connecting.

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2017, 11:44
It is possible that your players have memory issues, due to large amounts of data being shares - particularly if you have very big maps. As you say try unsharing stuff that is no longer needed. Your players might also need to clear their cache.

Trenloe
August 18th, 2017, 15:40
Those errors suggest that you have a number of images that are above the recommended size of 2048x2048 pixels.

The issues you describe could be caused by images/maps that haven't been optimized. What images do you have shared with the players? What resolution are they (width x height in pixels) and what is the file size of each of the images?

Glad
August 18th, 2017, 15:48
Thanks for your help.
I will check by unsharing everything and resharing 1 by 1. If I experience this error again on a map on the official campaign I will tell you which one.