PDA

View Full Version : Creating NPC effects in custom spells

MediocreDude
August 17th, 2017, 17:53
New to the forums so i'm not certain if this is the right section to post this in. But I'm currently running a 5e campaign that has lots of kobolds. In previous sessions ive forgotten to use pack tactics which grants kobolds advantage if an ally is within 5 feet of an opponent. I'm wondering if there is a way to create a custom trait in an NPC sheet where i can grant that NPC advantage on attacks (i'm not too worried about logic of whether the target is close to an ally of the NPC). I know this can be done for PCs but as far as i've been able to research on my own there is no way to use the effect syntax in an NPC's stats/sheet. Could anyone give me a hand with this or is this the kind of thing i need to make an extension for?

Edit: I want to be able to click in the combat tracker under the NPC when its their turn to apply their advantage or take it away. Or if it could be a constant innate thing that i could just click disadvantage normally to counteract it would be nice.

Zacchaeus
August 17th, 2017, 18:06
Hi MediocreDude welocme to the community.

The short answer is no, there's no wording that you can use that would allow for this to be automated. The kind of things that can be automated in NPCs are detailed in this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35937-How-to-Automate-effects-on-NPCs).

You can create an effect in the effects tab (running man icon top right menu), which you could then click on whenever a Kobold coms up on the CT.

MediocreDude
August 17th, 2017, 18:42
gotcha, i figured i might be out of luck, thanks anyway