PDA

View Full Version : currency exchange house

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 17th, 2017, 03:02
the question is:
It would be like creating a kind of currency exchange house to use along with the extension of the Dulux.
Let's say I have a store that sells items at 100% of its cost and I buy items at 50% of its cost.
Let 's say I have a 1 GP item and want to sell it, when I make the sale, the window will pop up if I want to sell it for 05. GP, if I say yes my GP will get fractioned.

So the idea is that these fractions turn into other currencies, for example the 0.5 GP would become 5 SP.

The Ruleset is the DnD 5E.

dulux-oz
August 17th, 2017, 03:20
I'm already working on something like this (the ever-elusive DOE:WMC Extension), so if you're a little bit patient... :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
August 17th, 2017, 04:41
Wow, how great to know that!
Yes I will have the patience to wait for the extension :D

Intruder
August 17th, 2017, 13:04
:) Exactly what I wanted to hear buddy!

Bidmaron
August 18th, 2017, 03:22
Awesome!

Intruder
May 15th, 2018, 16:28
I was able to resolve this issue with fractional accounting and forwarded the code to Dulux.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 16th, 2018, 05:01
GOOD!
Thanks Intruder

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 17th, 2018, 15:01
I believe that it is possible to create something that does the following, this is a matter for those who use DOE- Locations, which if I understood correctly one of the members of the forum was able to generate a formula that changes the types of currency.
Well the idea is to lock the field of coins allowing players to only receive coins in case of sale of items or treasures in adventures and when they consume or buy things these coins are discounted.

Intruder
May 18th, 2018, 01:05
AH.....you are thinking of ways to prevent cheating?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 18th, 2018, 14:17
Yes the idea is just this, I know it's sad to think so, but it's the reality of some tables ...
I was wondering if it would not be possible to add a padlock to that part of the worksheet, or to the inventory bean as a whole ... but unfortunately I'm only thinking, because I have no idea how I would do it.

Intruder
May 18th, 2018, 18:44
I am not expert, but I think Fantasy Grounds is a product meant to be as close to "paper" as possible
in their effort to be a VTT. In that way, very little of the character sheet would have a lock.

Unfortunately, cheating is unavoidable. Locking any part of the RS has consequences beyond what you would expect.

The best way I have found to deal with cheaters is to back up all the sheets and audit periodically.
If cheaters are uncovered, they are out.

As I remember more in how to program, I would like to add an Audit Trail to the chat log.
It would make tracking vendor transactions easier.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 19th, 2018, 14:16
Something like appearing in the chat what the player bought or sold, based on the extension of DULUX?

Intruder
May 19th, 2018, 19:36
Yes. I just have to learn how to do it.
(May take a while.)

Intruder
June 29th, 2018, 20:20
Have completed the routines to handle 5e currencies, and installed a function that posts transactions to chat window.
Bruno2020 visited my server and viewed the results (before transactions addition).
It seems there is always something new to add to this, so I will send Dullux the code and continue tinkering.