PDA

View Full Version : d20 Midnight

The Velvet Souljah
February 6th, 2006, 19:47
I am interested in getting together a few people (2-3) to play in the Midnight setting from Fantasy Flight Games. I am in Eastern Standard Time (-5 GMT) and would be interested in playing on Friday afternoons/evenings.

Before I post further details, I would like to see if there are people out there who are specifically interested and familiar with Midnight and who would be available at that time.

TruthRevisited
February 6th, 2006, 21:57
**EDIT**

Scratch my question, I just looked it up.. I am on my way now to my FLGS to purchase campaign setting and the players book. I really like what I read, and I would love to get involved in a game based on this. Let me know mate.

TR

The Velvet Souljah
February 10th, 2006, 00:32
Is anyone else interested in possibly participating? Are there any questions that I could answer that would sway your mind one way or the other? :)

If anyone is interested, I have placed a link to the game in the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=42).

-Velvet

SurlyDwarf
February 10th, 2006, 01:01
well, i would since it looks like one of the games i was looking to get into isn't panning out... but Friday nights are tough for me to commit to. i frequently have to work after-hours on friday's and sometimes at terribly short-notice. :(
i plan on following this, though. it is interesting.

The Velvet Souljah
February 10th, 2006, 01:09
well, i would since it looks like one of the games i was looking to get into isn't panning out... but Friday nights are tough for me to commit to. i frequently have to work after-hours on friday's and sometimes at terribly short-notice. :(
i plan on following this, though. it is interesting.

And I was about to say the same about your FR campaign... ;) I desperately want to play in the Realms but Saturdays are difficult for me (unless it was earlier in the day).

Within reason, I am flexible about a time. Are late Thursday evenings any better for you?

TruthRevisited
February 10th, 2006, 04:17
Heh, and I would like to play in both, and possibly run a game as well...

Looks like the makings of a group eh?

TR

SurlyDwarf
February 10th, 2006, 05:20
Heh, and I would like to play in both, and possibly run a game as well...

Looks like the makings of a group eh?

TR

It does indeed.

And, yes, Velvet, Thursdays are better for me. What about you, Truth?

TruthRevisited
February 10th, 2006, 22:47
Thursdays now work for me... Wohoo!

TR

SurlyDwarf
February 12th, 2006, 04:44
Good!

I went and bought some Midnight books so to do my homework:

Midnight Campaign setting 2nd edition
Against the Shadow, players companion
Sorcery and Shadow, Magic sourcebook
Steel and Shadow, Warriors sourcebook

At first glance, I like what I see.

Is all this stuff v3.5?

The Velvet Souljah
February 12th, 2006, 18:57
Good!

I went and bought some Midnight books so to do my homework:

Midnight Campaign setting 2nd edition
Against the Shadow, players companion
Sorcery and Shadow, Magic sourcebook
Steel and Shadow, Warriors sourcebook

At first glance, I like what I see.

Is all this stuff v3.5?

The CS definitely is. Unfortunately, I believe the CS incorporates almost everything in Against the Shadow. My understanding is that was one of the big changes from v1 of the CS to v2 (sorry about that). I have the other two books as well but have not yet read them.

One of the things that I hope will be fun about the campaign is that we will all be learning about the setting together. I only recently learned about the setting myself... :D

Is that fair?

SurlyDwarf
February 12th, 2006, 20:22
more than fair. sounds great.

i am looking forward to it. again, at glancing it looks really interesting and I have always been very pleased with everything FFG puts out; I also have two of their board games which are outstanding. (If you haven't played Descent (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/descent.html) yet, go get it and grab a few friends. It is amazing.)

The Velvet Souljah
February 12th, 2006, 23:44
more than fair. sounds great.

i am looking forward to it. again, at glancing it looks really interesting and I have always been very pleased with everything FFG puts out; I also have two of their board games which are outstanding. (If you haven't played Descent (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/descent.html) yet, go get it and grab a few friends. It is amazing.)

We were about to play it on Friday night. I so wanted to play...and then someone suggested we play A Game of Thrones instead (also by FFG and also a great game). :D

SurlyDwarf
February 13th, 2006, 16:56
I have absorbed the highlights of the CS book and have settled on a Dwarf Fighter and have updated the calendar. (it is a bit lonely all by myself on that calendar... *ahem*) :rolleyes:

joshuha
February 13th, 2006, 21:56
I flipped through the Midnight book while in the local game store over the weekend and it was interesting but don't have the cash to get the book ATM.

SurlyDwarf
February 20th, 2006, 19:07
It's been a bit quiet here... The more I read the books the more I am looking forward to this!

Ray
March 4th, 2006, 21:48
i have all the books for Midnight and would love to play if you are still taking players

paladin-pc
March 8th, 2006, 11:48
I'm also interested in Midnight. I just read some of the info on their website and it was interesting enough that I placed an order for the CS. Should have it tomorrow, and then I'll try to figure out what type of character to run (I originally said Dwarf Cleric - but upon reading the teaser material, that doesn't seem likely).

I can play just about any evening after 8 PM EST, except Thursdays and alternating Tuesdays.

Let me know if you'd consider adding me, and I'll send you a character concept this weekend. Thanks!

SurlyDwarf
March 12th, 2006, 06:35
If I may shout over the crickets to be heard... I take it that this game is not going to happen? That would be a bummer. Was really looking forward to playing this. Anyone else want to pick this up off the floor? I would but am already running one game and am not intimate with the Midnight setting even though it is intriguing.

paladin-pc
March 13th, 2006, 18:29
I wish I could volunteer to run this one, but I am just learning FG and also brand new to Midnight. However, the more I read the Campaign Sourcebook, the more excited I get about playing in this CS. I hope Velvet returns to kick this off, but if anyone else familiar with the CS want to start a Midnight campaign, I would love to join...