PDA

View Full Version : Adding New Fields to Character Sheets

CallMeTheFalcon
August 15th, 2017, 00:43
First, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. For my current 5th Edition game I've been incorporating some of the madness rules in the DMG. However, I would like to include a homebrewed solution of tracking a character's mental state with "Sanity Points." Still monkeying around with the idea, but I think I want a character's Sanity Points to be calculated by adding taking the average of their Wisdom and Charisma scores and dividing it by 2. So a character with 14 Charisma and 8 Wisdom would have 5 Sanity Points (SP).

Anyway, back to the question at hand. Is it possible to add a new HP-like field to the character sheet and could it automatically parse a character's max SP based on the equation laid out above? I'm not very familiar with coding or Fantasy Grounds extensions so I'm sorry if this beyond the scope of what an extension can do.

LordEntrails
August 15th, 2017, 02:48
An extension can do this. But you'll have to learn coding to get there. You can start by looking at the wiki and also a few of the community extensions (like Hero Points or another) to see what they have done to add fields and to add how to calculate them.

My impression as this is pretty easy for a community developer (maybe a dozen hours?) For me, I've spent that much time trying to learn how to add custom fields and make a custom character sheet for coreRPG and I'm no where near done yet.

Just to set your expectations, me, as a non-experienced community developer, would think this would take someone like me 75-100 hours to accomplish.