PDA

View Full Version : FG Con 11 - Friday October 13th - Sunday 15th. Theme - 3PPs!

Trenloe
August 13th, 2017, 05:25
This is just a very quick announcement to let people know of the official dates for FG Con 11.

It will be Friday the 13th (oooooohhhhhh) October to Sunday 15th. Starting around 5pm New Zealand time on the Friday and ending around midnight Hawaii time on the Sunday - over 72 hours of gaming.

So, block out that weekend... Get your game(s) on! :)

FG Con 11 will have a theme of Fantasy Grounds Third Party Publishers (3PPs).

3PPs are publishers who produce material for RPG systems that they are not the owner of the base RPG. For example: Kobold Press product material for D&D 5E and Pathfinder - so they are a 3PP for 5E and Pathfinder. Wizards of the Coast is not a 3PP for D&D, neither is Paizo a 3PP for Pathfinder; as these are both the base publisher for those respective products.

We would like to get GMs running 3PP material on Fantasy Grounds. There are many 3PPs who have some of their products converted to Fantasy Grounds - making it easy for the GM to run.

We currently have support from a number of 3PPs for the following systems:
1) D&D 5E. AAW Games, Legendary Games, Kobold Press, Frog God Games, Dan Harlan, Rob Twohy.
2) Pathfinder. AAW Games, Legendary Games, Frog God Games
3) Savage Worlds. Savage Mojo and Just Insert Imagination.

Further details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40004-FG-Con-11-Third-Party-Publisher-(3PP)-information

If you have a great 3PP product that you're interested in running, but it is not in Fantasy Grounds format then please consider running it (you'll have to set it up for FG yourself). But get in touch with us and we'll see if we can reach out to the relevant 3PP and get some recognition/feedback from the 3PP.

If you're thinking of running a session or more at FG Con 11, please consider running material from a 3PP. We won't prevent anyone running non-3PP material, but would prefer GMs for this FG Con to run 3PP session/s if at all possible. Please get behind the 3PPs that provide fantastic, and often unique, material that is converted to Fantasy Grounds.

Full details on the 3PP support here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40004-FG-Con-11-Third-Party-Publisher-(3PP)-information

Our thanks to SmiteWorks who will upgrade all Full licenses to Ultimate for the weekend of FG Con 11 - as long as you have a Full license anyone can play in your game at FG Con!

GM event submission is open now at https://www.fg-con.com/ Gm event guidelines here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/gm-guidelines/ and here: https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/FGCon_GMGuidelines.pdf

Player registration will open on Friday September 22nd, 12-noon GMT.

TeamSpeak will be the voice communciation for FG Con 11 (as for previous conventions). Instructions here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/

Atua
August 13th, 2017, 08:28
Would the theme be Spooky by any chance? (Friday the 13th and close to Halloween)

Hector Trelane
August 13th, 2017, 12:39
Hooray!

Teufelhunde87
August 13th, 2017, 13:03
Clearing my schedule!!!! I will DM and play.

BDaniel
August 15th, 2017, 02:24
Yes!

Ahoggya
August 17th, 2017, 19:08
Will be running at least one game if not more. Might be a progressive series over the weekend. The sooner we have the theme the sooner we can plan within the theme.

BDaniel
August 17th, 2017, 22:17
Will be running at least one game if not more. Might be a progressive series over the weekend. The sooner we have the theme the sooner we can plan within the theme.
Hey Ahoggya. How have you been? Looking forward to jumping into one of your games. Let me know when you post them up. Please tell Countrycricket74 hello for me.

BOOT KNIFE
August 18th, 2017, 12:11
I'm in! Not sure if it will fit the theme though. More to come. Dun..Dun...Dunnnn.

ted.wallerstedt
August 19th, 2017, 19:23
Can't wait.

ShotGun Jolly
August 19th, 2017, 21:55
I am off work, and I WILL BE THERE!!! :)

BDaniel
August 20th, 2017, 00:19
I am off work, and I WILL BE THERE!!! :)

Jolly,
I would love to see and play in a follow up to your Savage Battlestar one shot.

ShotGun Jolly
August 20th, 2017, 04:34
Jolly,
I would love to see and play in a follow up to your Savage Battlestar one shot.

Oooh, never occured to run a BSG game. Been awhile. I might do several games this time time around too. So BSG may just be an option!

Ellspeth
August 20th, 2017, 14:12
Oooh, never occured to run a BSG game. Been awhile. I might do several games this time time around too. So BSG may just be an option!

Will Dirk be there? I love BSG but without Starbuck I don't know. :)

BDaniel
August 21st, 2017, 11:46
Starbuck was there in spirit the last time. The adventure was a roller coaster ride of epic proportions. It was my first game ever playing Savage Worlds throw in BSG and well you know the rest of the story. I GM the Last Parsec and play in numerous other Savage Worlds genres. Numerous players in the game I played with that day are still folks I play other games with to this day.

Hector Trelane
August 21st, 2017, 16:48
I have a theme game (Fri 13th / Horror) that I've wanted to run for awhile anyway... hopefully I'll have time to prep and run for this con.

ShotGun Jolly
August 21st, 2017, 19:48
Starbuck was there in spirit the last time. The adventure was a roller coaster ride of epic proportions. It was my first game ever playing Savage Worlds throw in BSG and well you know the rest of the story. I GM the Last Parsec and play in numerous other Savage Worlds genres. Numerous players in the game I played with that day are still folks I play other games with to this day.

Thats a nice thing to hear!

GunbunnyFuFu
August 22nd, 2017, 00:12
I'll likely run some Savage Rifts over this weekend for folks!

GunbunnyFuFu

Answulf
August 22nd, 2017, 03:20
Great! Looking forward to playing and actually running something this time...

Skellan
August 23rd, 2017, 18:26
I will be throwing some games in. Not sure what yet :D

corwynn
August 23rd, 2017, 23:28
I'll hopefully be running some Starfinder Society stuff. Most likely repeatable stuff (the quest 5-pack, #1-01, and whatever September may hold) which will be a good intro for getting folks into the new system. We did a game with Talen running it yesterday and it worked out fairly well, even with the differences between PF and SF, so I'd imagine we'll be able to give folks a bit of a look who haven't had the chance yet.

Trenloe
August 24th, 2017, 00:06
Rather than keep people waiting ands guessing on what the FG Con 11 theme is, I've updated post #1 with some preliminary details. We'll have more details in a few days.

goodmanje
August 24th, 2017, 18:17
I might run a Beasts and Barbarians game.

...Of course I say that every time and still have never run a game on fantasy grounds so realistically I probably won't...

LordEntrails
August 24th, 2017, 19:47
I might run a Beasts and Barbarians game.

...Of course I say that every time and still have never run a game on fantasy grounds so realistically I probably won't...
How can I help you get what you need so you will run a game? PM me if you'd like :)

That is of course assuming it is something I can help with and not your availability or such :))

Hector Trelane
August 24th, 2017, 19:53
How can I help you get what you need so you will run a game? PM me if you'd like :)

That is of course assuming it is something I can help with and not your availability or such :))

Yes goodmanje, don't be shy, jump in, the water's fine... GM/DMing is both easy and involved... a lot less difficult to get started than you think, although it'll take years of practice to fully master. Good news is most players are just happy to be in the game and won't climb up your back for hosting mechanics...

goodmanje
August 25th, 2017, 02:48
I've GM'd before, just not in Fantasy Grounds. I have plenty of things to run and plan like I'm going to but when it comes to making the comittment to do it on a certain time and date it just doesn't ever happen. But who knows, maybe this time I'll actually do it...

Answulf
August 25th, 2017, 03:24
I picked up a collection of Jeff C. Stevens modules from the Dungeon Master's Guild. Not sure which one I will run yet - enjoying reading them, they had good reviews and seem pretty entertaining.

LordEntrails
August 25th, 2017, 03:31
Anyone who wants to run Balance Disturbed (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/180749/Balance-Disturbed-BDC1), let me know. It already has an FG module for it, and I can give some advice on running it for a one-shot.

colincbn
August 25th, 2017, 04:18
Ok, 3PP?
How about "A Friend in Need"?
I could run a game of it for kids, as long as their parents contact me in advance and are either watching over their shoulders or playing in the games alongside their kids.

Note: The module is aimed at kids (6 and up is recommended, but I am thinking 8 might be a better cutoff for running it during the convention) and is set in Japan.
I live in Japan and work as a translator. My wife and kids are Japanese citizens and we are raising them bi-bilingually. My wife and I always converse in Japanese, and my kids and I in English.
Unfortunately my oldest is only five and I probably wont be able to get him into the game by then, but I am really looking forward to the day I can.

I would be giving my Real Life contact info to the parents that take part, but will not be asking it in return.

So, are there other parents using FG that would like to get their kids into a 5e FG game specifically designed for introducing them to RPGs is a family friendly way?

Doswelk
August 25th, 2017, 15:25
Right... then in that case I'll not run Deadlands, already written one and half sequels to my Seven trilogy after the fun I had running it at Gen Con.

Hmm, it will have to be something by Triple Ace Games then... I'll have to come up with something for Hellfrost then...

Ellspeth
August 25th, 2017, 16:27
Right... then in that case I'll not run Deadlands, already written one and half sequels to my Seven trilogy after the fun I had running it at Gen Con.
Awwwww! :(

goodmanje
August 25th, 2017, 18:18
I second Ellspeth's Awwwww! Lol

Atua
August 26th, 2017, 10:16
I might host a 5e game, I will have to check my schedule.

Doswelk
August 27th, 2017, 14:44
Awwwww! :(

I second Ellspeth's Awwwww! Lol
:D I agree stuff the theme Deadlands it is!
Question:
Do I run the third and final section of the Trilogy, or do I run the new one Titles "Guns of the Magnificent 7"?

GunbunnyFuFu
August 27th, 2017, 14:57
Having played in the first and second parts of the trilogy, I'd love to see the final portion of it!

GunbunnyFuFu

Trenloe
August 27th, 2017, 15:27
:D I agree stuff the theme ...
Steady on!

BDaniel
August 27th, 2017, 15:57

Hmm, it will have to be something by Triple Ace Games then... I'll have to come up with something for Hellfrost then...

Doswelk,
I am in agreement with Ellspeth, goodmanje, and Gunbunnyfufu. You should run the sequel and maybe the first 2. I never got to play but have heard nothing but great things about them. Second I hope I can get a slot this time.

Hector Trelane
August 27th, 2017, 16:05
Question:
Do I run the third and final section of the Trilogy, or do I run the new one Titles "Guns of the Magnificent 7"?

The question answers itself: both!

Ellspeth
August 27th, 2017, 16:32
Clearly we need to finish the first trilogy, Carmen is so close to success. (I have played a hexslinger since you last ran this, I gots new tricks :) ). If you run both, well I have mentioned all of the Magnificent 7 movies are on my top ten list, and I play marathons if possible at FG-Con, so both would be awesome. That and Shotgun Jolly's BSG it is shaping up to be a blast of a weekend.

LordEntrails
August 27th, 2017, 17:31
... well I have mentioned all of the Magnificent 7 movies are on my top ten list...
Including The Seven Samurai? You do know that's the original right?

Ellspeth
August 27th, 2017, 17:37
Including The Seven Samurai? You do know that's the original right?
Indeed I do. Akiro Kurosawa was required study in theater, at least the term we did King Lear, and Ran was mandatory watching. Fortunately I was a fan or I could never have got through the bloodiness in that one. :).

goodmanje
August 27th, 2017, 19:53
Ok, I'm working on another short B&B adventure. That will give me three that I have ready to choose from.

Wolves on the Borderlands
Wind Born
Eyes of the Night

We'll see how it goes....

Doswelk
August 27th, 2017, 20:43
Clearly we need to finish the first trilogy, Carmen is so close to success. (I have played a hexslinger since you last ran this, I gots new tricks :) ). If you run both, well I have mentioned all of the Magnificent 7 movies are on my top ten list, and I play marathons if possible at FG-Con, so both would be awesome. That and Shotgun Jolly's BSG it is shaping up to be a blast of a weekend.
Still not watched the remake, however "Guns of the Magnificent Seven" does start when Ellen Cullen hires you as her husband has been murdered and their Ghost rock Mining Town of Rose Creek is besieged...

:)

dstuffle
August 28th, 2017, 19:17
Question: With the theme of this FG Con being Fantasy and 3PP does that mean that other settings (Sci-Fi, Horror, Pulp) and 1PP games will be discouraged?

Trenloe
August 28th, 2017, 19:27
Question: With the theme of this FG Con being Fantasy and 3PP does that mean that other settings (Sci-Fi, Horror, Pulp) and 1PP games will be discouraged?
1) It's not limited to Fantasy - I don't know where that impression came from? Are you confusing "Fantasy Grounds" with "Fantasy"? If not, please let point me to where the information is that makes it look like we're only doing fantasy 3PP products as part of the FG Con 11 theme - thanks.

As mentioned in post #1: "If you're thinking of running a session or more at FG Con 11, please consider running material from a 3PP. We won't prevent anyone running non-3PP material, but would prefer GMs for this FG Con to run 3PP session/s if at all possible. Please get behind the 3PPs that provide fantastic, and often unique, material that is converted to Fantasy Grounds."

LordEntrails
August 28th, 2017, 19:34
As Trenloe says, the genre or setting can be anything. I know myself, and I think the other 3rd party publishers, will be providing their adventures free to the GMs for this con. So, not only is it a nice way to support the 3PP, but it also is a great way for you to learn something about a 3PP that you may have not been willing to spend your own money on.

I don't know what the other publishers or authors hope to gain from sharing their works this way, myself I just hope to get critical feedback and possible public ratings or reviews.

dstuffle
August 28th, 2017, 19:35
Guess when I read that OP and got to the part about the theme for this FG Con I must have missed the
... We won't prevent anyone running non-3PP material, but would prefer GMs for this FG Con to run 3PP session/s if at all possible. ..." part.

Good to know.

Edit: I just went back and read the OP for this thread (and specifically the Theme announcement part). The sentence quoted above, does not appear in it.

Preliminary theme information:

3PPs are publishers who produce material for RPG systems that they are not the owner of the base RPG. For example: Kobold Press product material for D&D 5E and Pathfinder - so they are a 3PP for 5E and Pathfinder. Wizards of the Coast is not a 3PP for D&D, neither is Paizo a 3PP for Pathfinder; as these are both the base publisher for those respective products.

We would like to get GMs running 3PP material on Fantasy Grounds. There are many 3PPs who have some of their products converted to Fantasy Grounds - making it easy for the GM to run. We're waiting on a couple of publishers to confirm their support for FG Con 11 (supplying the GM with the FG module and maybe other material to help them run their FG Con 11 sessions) and so won't release the full list now, but will in a few days...

We currently have support from a number of 3PPs for the following systems (this is not the final list):
1) D&D 5E. AAW Games, Legendary Games, Kobold Press, Dan Harlan, Rob Twohy.
2) Pathfinder. AAW Games, Legendary Games,

We have a couple of other 5E and Pathinder 3PPs who will probably provide support as well - but I'll only announce those once they're in place.

If you have a great 3PP product that you're interested in running, but it is not in Fantasy Grounds format then please consider running it (you'll have to set it up for FG yourself). But get in touch with us and we'll see if we can reach out to the relevant 3PP and get some recognition/feedback from the 3PP.

If you're thinking of running a session or more at FG Con 11, please consider running material from a 3PP. We won't prevent anyone running non-3PP material, but would prefer GMs for this FG Con to run 3PP session/s if at all possible. Please get behind the 3PPs that provide fantastic, and often unique, material that is converted to Fantasy Grounds.

Trenloe
August 28th, 2017, 19:51
Edit: I just went back and read the OP for this thread (and specifically the Theme announcement part). The sentence quoted above, does not appear in it.

Yes it does:

Preliminary theme information:

We would like to get GMs running 3PP material on Fantasy Grounds. There are many 3PPs who have some of their products converted to Fantasy Grounds - making it easy for the GM to run. We're waiting on a couple of publishers to confirm their support for FG Con 11 (supplying the GM with the FG module and maybe other material to help them run their FG Con 11 sessions) and so won't release the full list now, but will in a few days...

We currently have support from a number of 3PPs for the following systems (this is not the final list):
1) D&D 5E. AAW Games, Legendary Games, Kobold Press, Dan Harlan, Rob Twohy.
2) Pathfinder. AAW Games, Legendary Games,

We have a couple of other 5E and Pathinder 3PPs who will probably provide support as well - but I'll only announce those once they're in place.

dstuffle
August 28th, 2017, 19:53
Ah, so it does. My mistake.

Doswelk
August 28th, 2017, 23:49
As mentioned in post #1: "If you're thinking of running a session or more at FG Con 11, please consider running material from a 3PP. We won't prevent anyone running non-3PP material, but would prefer GMs for this FG Con to run 3PP session/s if at all possible. Please get behind the 3PPs that provide fantastic, and often unique, material that is converted to Fantasy Grounds."

For the record I tried Trenloe, but was voted down :o

Trenloe
August 29th, 2017, 00:00
For the record I tried Trenloe, but was voted down :o
Oh really?

That doesn't seem like you put up much resistance! ;)

Teufelhunde87
August 29th, 2017, 16:18
I will run my condensed version of the Bandits Cave again, maybe 2 times! Everyone that ran it seemed to have a great time!
Great support from last FGCON also.

Trenloe
August 29th, 2017, 16:20
I will run my condensed version of the Bandits Cave again, maybe 2 times! Everyone that ran it seemed to have a great time!
Great support from last FGCON also.
Yep, Legendary Games have been great with providing GM support for the last few FG Cons.

dstuffle
August 30th, 2017, 22:21
I plan to run a War of the Dead adventure, using Savage Worlds.

Myrdin Potter
September 5th, 2017, 00:23
If you are running a one shot 5e game from levels 1-10 and you need pregenerated characters check here:

https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?author=Michael%20Potter

Anyone running a FG-Con game, feel free to use them for "free" without any guilt.

Trenloe
September 7th, 2017, 03:25
Information on Third Party Publisher support available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40004-FG-Con-11-Third-Party-Publisher-(3PP)-information

Please consider running one (or more) sessions at FG Con 11 using material from these publishers who are supporting FG GMs! Thanks.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2017, 16:56
5 events added so far. Thanks Shotgun Jolly, rob2e and Damned.

LordEntrails
September 8th, 2017, 17:47
I'll definitely be running something (5E). Just not sure what yet... here's what I'm thinking, voice your opinion;

1) Balance Disturbed, BDC-1 (though would love for someone else to run this and let me know what they think). First level adventure where the party is thrown together to flee from an approaching army.
2) Messengers, BDC-2 - Third level, Rescue a princess from the evil mayor and escape with her back to the King.
3) Against the Cult of Talona (Undermountain) - Third Level, delve into the Undermountain to rescue a kidnapped girl from a cult dedicated to the Mistress of Disease.
4) The Thieves' Prisoners (Undermountain) - Second level, imprisoned by the Blue Crows in their lair in the Undermountain, now how to do you escape?

Trenloe
September 9th, 2017, 08:44
Up to 13 events now - thanks for posting folks!

Doswelk
September 12th, 2017, 23:05
Whoops never actually posted event... done!

Trenloe
September 12th, 2017, 23:36
Thanks to everyone who has published an event - we have 22 sessions now.

Don't be shy anyone who's thinking of running a game. And please remember the Third Party Publisher theme: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40004-FG-Con-11-Third-Party-Publisher-(3PP)-information

leozelig
September 13th, 2017, 00:45
Looks awesome! I'm hoping to get a piece of the action in The Haunt on Sunday night...

colincbn
September 13th, 2017, 06:31
I am running "A Friend in Need" by Playground Adventures (3PP).
I have some kids and parents signed up already through Private Message and the Discord Fantasy Grounds College server, but I don't know the process for posting the game here yet.

Also some of us are planning on running games as part of FGC, but we have been super busy with new students lately and need to catch up with the convention stuff.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2017, 06:39
I am running "A Friend in Need" by Playground Adventures (3PP).
That would be great!

I have some kids and parents signed up already through Private Message and the Discord Fantasy Grounds College server, but I don't know the process for posting the game here yet.
See the "GM event submission is open now at..." links at the bottom of post #1 of this thread. You'll have to control the sign ups once the event goes live - so that you can accept the bookings from the people you've already arranged attendance with.

Daedalus
September 13th, 2017, 15:05
I'm running a Savage Worlds Setting Streets of Bedlam, the adventure is called "Live Nude Girls"

https://www.fg-con.com/events/savage-worlds-streets-of-bedlam-live-nude-girls/

Trenloe
September 17th, 2017, 17:55
We now have 30 events published. Thanks to all of the GMs who have submitted events so far.

It is now 5 days until player registration opens. If you're planning an event, now is a good time to submit! Remember the Third Party Publisher support - you can get a copy of the FG module to help in preparing and running your event!

Ken L
September 21st, 2017, 13:00
I'll be hosting a Rappan game using one of their new maps. The exact level is yet to be determined; I'll add the event when everything is finalized.

Ellspeth
September 21st, 2017, 14:11
We probably aren't going to get them posted before player signups start, but a couple of us have been working the last few weeks with a great team from Savage Mojo, getting one of their people trained and ready to run a few games for FG-Con. So watch for a couple of games from the Suzerain Continuum, well Millenium Knights is all ready posted, the others will likely be from Caladon Falls.

MadBeardMan
September 21st, 2017, 19:51
Is it just me, or is the FGCon website all broken? Trying to show Todd at Chaosium the greatness of it.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2017, 19:55
Is it just me, or is the FGCon website all broken?
Looks OK to me. What's your definition of "all broken"? ;)

MadBeardMan
September 21st, 2017, 19:57
The connection has timed out

The server at www.fg-con.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2017, 20:06
I can connect to the FG Con website fine - been using it off and on most of the morning. Works for me in Chrome and Firefox.

MadBeardMan
September 21st, 2017, 20:32
Must be a connection issue between me and the site, tried FF/Chrome/Brave, I can ping the server, but accessing the server via IP brings up a 404.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2017, 20:59
I can ping the server, but accessing the server via IP brings up a 404.
We've blocked you. ;)

Go and have a cuppa!

MadBeardMan
September 21st, 2017, 21:01
We've blocked you. ;)

Go and have a cuppa!

Pinged the wrong IP address, trying yours and I get a "Request Timed Out", so you prolly have! Too late for tea now, it's coding time!

My friend down south can access it, must be a server somewhere.... sodding thing , wanted to get involved!

Trenloe
September 21st, 2017, 21:04
sodding thing , wanted to get involved!
You still can... Just try again tomorrow - get your event in before 1pm BST! :)

MadBeardMan
September 21st, 2017, 21:15
You still can... Just try again tomorrow - get your event in before 1pm BST! :)

Well if I can't get to the site tomorrow (I'm working from home) I'll be sad. Just turn the site off and back on again please!

Trenloe
September 21st, 2017, 21:39
Well if I can't get to the site tomorrow (I'm working from home) I'll be sad.
Only joking - we accept GM submissions for another couple of weeks yet. It's just player registration on currently submitted events opens tomorrow.

colincbn
September 22nd, 2017, 02:47
Hi everyone!

I finally sat down and figured out the submission process!
Or I should say: I finally sat down and let the system hold my hand and walk me through the submission process!

Here is my game:
[Edited] I guess it was just a preview link so I will post the actual link once the game is approved.

And thanks for setting up the con!

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2017, 06:17
Here is my game:
[Edited] I guess it was just a preview link so I will post the actual link once the game is approved.

And thanks for setting up the con!
Event published - thanks for running! :)

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2017, 15:30
Player bookings are open and bookings are coming in. GM's remember to review and approve bookings for your events - you control who you accept.

We have 35 events so far. It's not too late for GMs to submit their events. FG Con 11 starts in three weeks!

Ken L
September 22nd, 2017, 23:50
Posted a Rappan game for those who want a piece of wanton destruction.

https://www.fg-con.com/events/rappan-athuk-prepare-to-die-edition/

It also makes use of the new FGG maps!

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2017, 01:30
Posted a Rappan game for those who want a piece of wanton destruction.

https://www.fg-con.com/events/rappan-athuk-prepare-to-die-edition/

It also makes use of the new FGG maps!
Fantastic!

Skellan
September 25th, 2017, 20:13
When is the deadline for submissions?

Trenloe
September 25th, 2017, 20:19
When is the deadline for submissions?
Sunday 8th. But the earlier you add you event the better chance of you getting players.

Skellan
September 25th, 2017, 20:24
Right then! I'll get scouring 3PP stuff. What was the one with the estate agents called that you ran?

Trenloe
September 25th, 2017, 21:34
What was the one with the estate agents called that you ran?
B20 - For Rent, Lease or Conquest: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=AAWB20FG2

Waldbaer
September 29th, 2017, 21:35
Hi all,

really like this idea to be part of the FG Con and just published my first open public game. I was using FG mainly for DMing privately - but this event got me and I want to try it out :) I hope this will be fun! I am roleplaying for more than ... a long time though...and I know how to treat FG in a way all is running smoothly :square:

Thanks for all the work you put in here and looking forward to it!

A Learning Time (https://www.fg-con.com/events/a-learning-time/)

Myrdin Potter
September 30th, 2017, 09:01
For those people running 5e games for FG-con, and need pregenerated characters, you can find 16 characters levels 1-10 based on the standard WoTC characters at this link:

Anyone using these for FG-Con, feel free to not feel any guilt about not paying for them. I made them to help cut down the time for DM's.

Waldbaer
October 2nd, 2017, 19:49
Thank you Myrdin - my game comes with pregenerated Chars, but they are pretty lame to be honest :) So please, whoever would like to enter A Learning Time (https://www.fg-con.com/events/a-learning-time/) please use one of Myrdin Potter's chars!

Myrdin Potter
October 2nd, 2017, 19:51
Thank you Myrdin - my game comes with pregenerated Chars, but they are pretty lame to be honest :) So please, whoever would like to enter A Learning Time (https://www.fg-con.com/events/a-learning-time/) please use one of Myrdin Potter's chars!

The best thing to do is download them and make them available for anyone connecting to the campaign. Just clear ownership and whoever joins will see them as a choice.

Waldbaer
October 2nd, 2017, 19:55
The best thing to do is download them and make them available for anyone connecting to the campaign. Just clear ownership and whoever joins will see them as a choice.

Yes, good idea. Easiest way to go and it might be useful to add actions already if needed. Thanks for the advice - should have had the idea myself ;)

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2017, 18:18
Voice Communications will the the Community TeamSpeak server - info here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/

We have considered using the Fantasy Grounds Discord server for this convention, but we haven't been able to get our ducks in a row for that. Maybe FG Con 12!

Ellspeth
October 4th, 2017, 12:10
3 Savage Mojo/Suzerain games now listed;
Troubles in Milltown (Caladon Falls)
Testing Day (Set Rising)
Murder at Melrose Abbey (Millenium Knights)
These games are directly supported by Savage Mojo and Miles Kantir as part of a larger initiative, more of which you will be hearing about soon.
I hope some of you will support GMClydeC, this will be pretty much his first game run on FG, let alone FG-Con, and he has worked with us many hours the last month to learn the system. Clyde is Savage Mojo's designated Suzerain Guide. Also may not be the place but thanks to Miles for giving us a free hand with materials support, digging out pre-gens, supplemental materials, anything we needed pretty much.

Daedalus
October 6th, 2017, 15:44
3 Savage Mojo/Suzerain games now listed;
Troubles in Milltown (Caladon Falls)
Testing Day (Set Rising)
Murder at Melrose Abbey (Millenium Knights)
These games are directly supported by Savage Mojo and Miles Kantir as part of a larger initiative, more of which you will be hearing about soon.
I hope some of you will support GMClydeC, this will be pretty much his first game run on FG, let alone FG-Con, and he has worked with us many hours the last month to learn the system. Clyde is Savage Mojo's designated Suzerain Guide. Also may not be the place but thanks to Miles for giving us a free hand with materials support, digging out pre-gens, supplemental materials, anything we needed pretty much.

Never mind. I have 4 of my 5 spot filled now. The game will go on

Myrdin Potter
October 6th, 2017, 15:48
My experience from previous FG-Con games is that the “other systems” games tend to fill up closer to the actual Con. There actually is a big downside to filling up too soon, a lot of people sign up and then don’t show up when their plans change.

So I would not pull a game quite yet, and even if you get 3-4 people instead of 5, that is 3-4 more introduces to the game.

Trenloe
October 6th, 2017, 16:12
Please can people help advertise the convention on social media and forums you frequent. The usual FG Con admins are super busy this year and have limited bandwidth to go out there and advertise.

Thanks.

And yes, please don't pull games this weekend - leave them up a few more days - we do get quite a few last minute player bookings.

Ellspeth
October 6th, 2017, 18:48
The games I listed as well as all of FG-Con is being promoted on all Savage Mojo sites, and any other social media any of us are using. Twitter, Google+, Facebook I know for sure.

Black Hammer
October 7th, 2017, 13:53
Do PbtA variants not published by Night Sky/Baker count as 3PP for your purposes?

damned
October 7th, 2017, 14:14
Do PbtA variants not published by Night Sky/Baker count as 3PP for your purposes?

Hi Black Hammer you are welcome to run material published by other parties but we probably cant provide you with copies of the material is all...

Myrdin Potter
October 7th, 2017, 16:10
I posted on the main 5e group in Facebook yesterday. I fill follow up later this week and do a reminder post.

Ellspeth
October 8th, 2017, 04:05
While running the test for Set Rising tonight two things became clear. It is probably a good idea for players who signed up to get the free pdf's for the pre-gens(all six run through each rank, the final one, demigod, 150 XP are the ones used) and the free pdf of the Set Rising primer.
https://www.rpgnow.com/product/114361/Set-Rising-Primer?manufacturers_id=112&filters=1600_0_0_0_0. https://www.rpgnow.com/product/124074/Savage-Suzerain-Building-Savage-Suzerain-Characters?manufacturers_id=112&filters=1600_0_0_0_0. Other than that it went well.

Talyn
October 8th, 2017, 20:03
Also, I'm noticing the "pending" feature isn't working this year? I was trying to book as an alternate on a full event but the script refuses to allow that now.

corwynn
October 8th, 2017, 22:23
It would work if the max players were set to higher than the maximum. I had set all of my Starfinder games to 3 to 7 players, but staff moved all of them to 6 max. I assumed FG-Con policy is that we don't run 7 in Society games.

Teufelhunde87
October 8th, 2017, 22:43
For those people running 5e games for FG-con, and need pregenerated characters, you can find 16 characters levels 1-10 based on the standard WoTC characters at this link:

Anyone using these for FG-Con, feel free to not feel any guilt about not paying for them. I made them to help cut down the time for DM's.
I use these all the time! Well worth chipping in some coin for the efforts making these!

Daedalus
October 9th, 2017, 16:27
I have done some heavy advertising for FG-CON. Hopefully it will help fill my last spot and the games of others who still have a few spots left

Trenloe
October 9th, 2017, 16:44
I have done some heavy advertising for FG-CON. Hopefully it will help fill my last spot and the games of others who still have a few spots left
Thanks very much!

Trenloe
October 9th, 2017, 16:46
Also, I'm noticing the "pending" feature isn't working this year? I was trying to book as an alternate on a full event but the script refuses to allow that now.
It never did allow it. You can only ever book the number listed. The system will, however, let people book in pending if there are still spaces available - so if two people submit bookings for the last space in quick succession they will both be shown as pending until the GM accepts one of them to fill the event - then it is not possible for further bookings, but the second unaccepted booking is still there as pending.

Trenloe
October 9th, 2017, 16:49
It would work if the max players were set to higher than the maximum. I had set all of my Starfinder games to 3 to 7 players, but staff moved all of them to 6 max. I assumed FG-Con policy is that we don't run 7 in Society games.
We changed it to 6 as the Society Guide is clear that 7 should only be used in an exception, not the norm.

Trenloe
October 10th, 2017, 02:06
GM event submissions have now closed - we have 45 events ran by 29 different GMs. Thanks so much everyone!

We still have a few games that need players - so please keep spreading the word!

corwynn
October 10th, 2017, 06:09
We changed it to 6 as the Society Guide is clear that 7 should only be used in an exception, not the norm.

It actually makes it clear that you should consider letting them play. The wording isn't "try to get seven" it's "try not to turn people away" ...

Without leaving one person pending you don't have that option. I personally wish that the option had been left open for us to manage our own tables, particularly given my tables are full, but that's just my opinion. As a GM I would have liked the call to have been mine, as the guide says it is.

"LEGAL TABLE SIZE

The minimum table size for a Roleplaying Guild Organized Play session is four players. The recommended maximum is six players. In cases where you simply cannot seat four players, you may run a table of three players, and play an appropriate level pregenerated iconic character in order to meet the minimum table size of four PCs. Pregenerated iconic characters are available for 1st level, 4th level, and 8th level.

If seven players show up to an event, rather than turning someone away, consider adding a seventh person to the table. Check with the players to determine their preferences before running a seven-person table, as seven-person tables often overpower otherwise challenging adventures and limit the amount of time each player gets to shine in the given scenario.

Tables cannot have eight or more players."

Emphasis mine.

damned
October 10th, 2017, 06:47
Hi corwynn you both have valid views and interpretations of the guidance.
It could reasonably be argued that by accepting 7 bookings your 7th hasnt just turned up but has been expected. It also suggests that if any of the first 6 didnt want the mission to be too easy they could reject the 7th.
On the flip side... it is more likely that someone will not show up and you will actually end up running with 5...

The challenge for us is that if we accept players and they turn up and they dont get a game it leads to disappointment etc... It can be hard enough achieving effective communication between 6 or 8 almost strangers and getting them all there at the right time for the right duration etc...

Add a line at the top of your event - "please express your interest in the comments if you would like to be contacted in the event there is a late withdrawal" or similar...

corwynn
October 10th, 2017, 07:29
You don't accept the 7th booking, you leave it pending. You inform that individual that they are not confirmed, and that the other players will decide if a 7th is acceptable at start time. They are also in if anyone drops or misses start time. Physical cons do the same thing—that last slot (or two, depending) is an alternate.

What's done for FG-Con XI is done. What happens at FG-Con XII is, as always, up to what feedback results.

corwynn
October 10th, 2017, 07:39
For everyone running Starfinder games, I've uploaded all the pregens in L1 and L4 format (the only ones we'll be using since nothing in SFS is level 8 yet), compatible with Starfinder Conversion 3.5.0:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39638-Using-the-PFRPG-ruleset-to-Play-Starfinder&p=359230&viewfull=1#post359230

Waldbaer
October 10th, 2017, 09:09
Without sticking perfectly to the rules and more looking on the fun of it: out of an egoistic GM view I think it would be quite useful to have someone ready to go "in the background" or as a spectator ingame without a char or in TS waiting, mic shut down - as we all know that a noshow is kind of a common thing that will happen even if you are informing the group perfectly and ask for hints if life plays tricks on you on the event day. However, for the player although informed about this process this might be difficult. But if there is only this one option left because all other interesting slots are closed, I think this would be a very good approach out of player view. It furthermore prevents games to suddenly run down in player counts because people are not showing up. Only important thing is that doing such must be very clear to all involved from the beginning.

Is it not possible to create special waiting row places for games where you could book into as a seperate booking option after the game is full or is this nonsense?

Waldbaer
October 10th, 2017, 09:10
And thank you all for advertising the con so much because since yesterday my game is full which I very much enjoy. I look forward to the gaming.

Waldbaer
October 10th, 2017, 19:48
One step back - one guy jumped out a second ago; so please book into my game again :) it is reopened.

Trenloe
October 10th, 2017, 21:00
Comments re extra players, extra slots, etc.. I appreciate the feedback and it's something we have discussed before regarding the FG Con booking system. It is not a simple process to do any of this reliably in the software (it is not setup for waitlists at all), nor using the same manual process across many different GMs, etc.. So, please just leave it as it is - set the bookings at the number you want (6 for PFS or SFS please) and handle any waitlist requests via the event comments.

I know it's not ideal - but we have many different people involved here (GMs and Players) and it is very easy for people to get confused as to what is going on with their bookings if they are left pending, or accepted but then find out there are extra players, etc.. Let's keep it at the number of bookings listed are the number of slots in the game, and if you're accepted then you're definitely playing.

We need to keep stressing to players that if they can't turn up they should cancel their booking - which they can do from the "My Bookings" page. I included this in the player communication template I emailed to all GMs yesterday.

Waldbaer
October 10th, 2017, 21:59
Thank you Trenloe. I appreciate the feedback and I was quite sure that this topic was discussed already. OK, I see what happens this time... :) I just would like to prevent me sitting there and not being able to play. I do a small event with 4 players only - I could go with three...but of course not with two. And thats why such a topic has some priority for me right now :)

And I do not look forward to tell people that I cannot make the run because two did no show up or to whatever reason cannot play. Wasted time for all of us and the anticipation of having a great time goes into grave mood. I think I am not the only GM who would like to have a solution for that but however, if that is a software issue so be it.

I just cross my fingers :)

p.s. and it's not just the day - actually I prepare a lot to have around six hours of time filled and make it for everyone a good stay with me.

Trenloe
October 10th, 2017, 22:53
And I do not look forward to tell people that I cannot make the run because two did no show up or to whatever reason cannot play. Wasted time for all of us and the anticipation of having a great time goes into grave mood. I think I am not the only GM who would like to have a solution for that but however, if that is a software issue so be it.
As has been mentioned above - manage waitlist people in the comments section - either bring them in if someone cancels late, or even suggest a wait listed player turns up just in case.

This is what we've been doing for a few convention and while not ideal, it seems to work OK.

Waldbaer
October 10th, 2017, 22:55
OK, thanks Trenloe.

damned
October 10th, 2017, 23:32
I know running a carefully prepped and balanced story with half the expected numbers can feel disappointing - but 2 players can actually be a lot of fun still. Game play is faster. The two are forced to work more closely together. You just need to scale. If I have turned up to run a game and only 2 players have turned up I will still run for them as they too have made a commitment and wiped out a big chunk of their day for this session. Whilst I am disappointed about the others not being there Im rarely disappointed with the game that is played. That is my experience and may not be relevant for others.

corwynn
October 11th, 2017, 03:55
Can't run an Organized Play session with less than 3, unfortunately. I would.

damned
October 11th, 2017, 03:58
Can't run an Organized Play session with less than 3, unfortunately. I would.

You are correct. Sorry - my bad - I havent run ALO/PFS etc so I do forget that at times.

corwynn
October 11th, 2017, 04:04
I think the biggest problem with making the SFS/PFS sessions 6 instead of 7 max was that that change was simply done when the events were approved, with no explanation. (Correct me if I am wrong but I got no "we're doing this so use the comments" message of any kind and have not seen any mention of it until we brought it up in this thread.) It's fine to say "well, deal with it in comments" but saying that the week of the con when the decision was made before player registration even opened feels like there's not really much interest on the FG-Con staff's part in dealing with these issues...in spite of the fact that this IS a change in the way things were done.

I would have done my events differently and used my comments system differently had I known. The week of the con it's just a matter of "meh, why bother now?" which keeps me from changing my descriptions and dropping comments.

Which may end up being a shame, as 1) Starfinder is brand new and a lot of people could be missing out on a slot, and 2) this FG-Con has what, less than half the events of the last two? Potentially that means a bunch of players who couldn't find events. (Mine filled very, very quickly...much more quickly than the single 5e game I ran last FG-Con.)

[I get that it's work to put these together. I am only making suggestions which I feel will make things better. We can always find ways to improve for next year's first con.]

damned
October 11th, 2017, 04:12
I think the biggest problem with making the SFS/PFS sessions 6 instead of 7 max was that that change was simply done when the events were approved, with no explanation. (Correct me if I am wrong but I got no "we're doing this so use the comments" message of any kind and have not seen any mention of it until we brought it up in this thread.) It's fine to say "well, deal with it in comments" but saying that the week of the con when the decision was made before player registration even opened feels like there's not really much interest on the FG-Con staff's part in dealing with these issues...in spite of the fact that this IS a change in the way things were done.

I would have done my events differently and used my comments system differently had I known. The week of the con it's just a matter of "meh, why bother now?" which keeps me from changing my descriptions and dropping comments.

Which may end up being a shame, as 1) Starfinder is brand new and a lot of people could be missing out on a slot, and 2) this FG-Con has what, less than half the events of the last two? Potentially that means a bunch of players who couldn't find events. (Mine filled very, very quickly...much more quickly than the single 5e game I ran last FG-Con.)

[I get that it's work to put these together. I am only making suggestions which I feel will make things better. We can always find ways to improve for next year's first con.]

Hi corwynn this has always (since FG Con 3 at least) been the policy. Booking systems are complex and our current booking system does not specifically support waitlists. There are workarounds but they are workarounds. Our primary concern is that while you and many other GMs will manage the communication process smoothly others will not and confusion and unhappiness about spots can ensue. The system we have in place does not cover all eventualities but it is the system our GM guidelines have always stated.

damned
October 11th, 2017, 04:15
And yes this convention is much smaller than #9. That is primarily due to all the FG Con organisers having significant time restraints and clashes due to real life. It takes a lot of work over a long period of time and unfortunately every one of us have not had the time this time round. We are very grateful to all the GMs and players that are participating even with our limited involvement.

corwynn
October 11th, 2017, 05:29
I must have hallucinated the 7 player tables where people were not confirmed. It's possible. I do that sometimes. :D

Waldbaer
October 11th, 2017, 13:22
I know running a carefully prepped and balanced story with half the expected numbers can feel disappointing - but 2 players can actually be a lot of fun still. Game play is faster. The two are forced to work more closely together. You just need to scale. If I have turned up to run a game and only 2 players have turned up I will still run for them as they too have made a commitment and wiped out a big chunk of their day for this session. Whilst I am disappointed about the others not being there Im rarely disappointed with the game that is played. That is my experience and may not be relevant for others.

Hi damned,

for my game this year I will finally do that if instead of 4 suddenly only 2 are available. Not just for the players but also because I myself am looking forward to the game and would be quite disappointed. The extra work to scale the encounters etc. can often be done "on the fly" and still works and generates fun with a good prepared game. I also do not only run AL games like corwynn pointed out etc. - so I would be fine with that. However I still think that having a pool of available players somewhere would be a great to have thing for an event although I understand that not all GMs would like to join the communication efforts and things like that. Also technical restrictions apply.

damned
October 11th, 2017, 13:26
Hi Waldbaer some scaling options include:

1. reduce the number of enemies
2. increase the level of the characters by 1 and give them an extra magic item
3. leave the enemies as they are but reduce their HP so that mooks die on any hit and big monsters take no more than 2 or 3 hits.

Option 2 is what I usually go with but 3 can be a lot of fun. The enemies still have all their deadly punch but cant take much back. The PCs will get a big scare but hopefully prevail.

Waldbaer
October 11th, 2017, 13:33
Yeah . hopefully. I tried your number 3 in a campaign last week. The party was really frightened as they met a fat ogre (they had some tough fights before and no long or short rest). As the ogre unluckily won the initiative (I as GM roll almost everything open) and made a crit with a javelin throw while not evening moving his *** from a great throne he was sitting at, the party simply ran away like hell and that was it :) Eventually I enjoyed the scene very much - but I am not sure if I was the only one in my GM chair watching everything out of a fair distance.

However, I also sometimes add a NPC which I play myself as option number 4 :)

Thanks for the advice nevertheless.

LordEntrails
October 12th, 2017, 15:25
Players and GMs should also be aware that during the con, there is a channel on the TS server where players available to play can hang out like a waiting list or 'hot standby'. GM's can then pop in there and say, "I had 2 no shows, anyone interested in playing..."

Ellspeth
October 12th, 2017, 16:52
Clyde, our newest GM had a question that I really hadn't considered the answer to before. How far ahead of the games should GM create the room on Teamspeak specific to their game?

Trenloe
October 12th, 2017, 17:18
Clyde, our newest GM had a question that I really hadn't considered the answer to before. How far ahead of the games should GM create the room on Teamspeak specific to their game?
I usually create them 15-30 minutes before the game. Basically when I will be getting ready and can greet players, etc..

Waldbaer
October 12th, 2017, 19:07

I create my rooms already a week before the event or so...and although it does not need real testing, I do it nevertheless and try some sounds with my soundbot etc. to be very safe :)

ted.wallerstedt
October 12th, 2017, 20:41
4 slots open in my game if anyone is interested.

https://www.fg-con.com/events/sxg-presents-savage-secrets-operation-hydra/

damned
October 12th, 2017, 23:49
Savage Secrets is good fun. Some old school espionage!

Masbrack
October 13th, 2017, 14:03
Hello all,
I've just seen you start a new convention (I've been pretty busy lately). I hope not to arrive too late to find a game on Saturday if possible. In case I would like to know on which channel of TS ^ eaker to connect to be invited in case there is a free place .... I hope to play part at least knowing that I participated in a other convention last year.
See you soon bye

damned
October 13th, 2017, 15:10
There are several games that have room for another player. Arrive 15mins before the scheduled start time and introduce yourself to the GM and you might get lucky :)

Masbrack
October 13th, 2017, 15:17
I hope i will ! But can you say me wich channel for team speak ? Thank you

damned
October 13th, 2017, 15:20
Try here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21000

Masbrack
October 13th, 2017, 15:37
Ok so i try whit the channel FG Con 11 but it doesen't work... I try to find the server but nothing.... Fail to connect. I know i'm a piece of s.... :confused:
So what can i do to find the good channel ? Where do i make mistake ?.
Other problems i try to connect to www.fg-con.com but i doesent work (am i curse ? :( )
all help is welcome ;)

Masbrack
October 13th, 2017, 15:45
Ok so i try whit the channel FG Con 11 but it doesen't work... I try to find the server but nothing.... Fail to connect. I know i'm a piece of s.... :confused:
So what can i do to find the good channel ? Where do i make mistake ?.
Other problems i try to connect to www.fg-con.com but i doesent work (am i curse ? :( )
all help is welcome ;)

damned
October 13th, 2017, 15:48
I sent you a PM...

damned
October 13th, 2017, 16:02
I have unblocked your access to www.fg-con.com website - you have too many neighbours who are up to no good...
I cant see anything blocking your access to the teamspeak server - the password is Dungeoneers...

Masbrack
October 13th, 2017, 16:13
Thank you for the connection to the event list. Sadly i can't connect whit team speak even whit the pass this is the message i have :
Failed to resolve the host name "FG Con 11" do i make a mistake whit the name ?

Trenloe
October 13th, 2017, 16:43
Failed to resolve the host name "FG Con 11" do i make a mistake whit the name ?
See the instructions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server or here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/

Masbrack
October 13th, 2017, 16:55
Yeah ! Ok it's work i just dont put the rigth name of he server ! Thank you for the help (again ;) )
May be i can see you tomorow :cool:

Blackfoot
October 13th, 2017, 20:05
I thought we were all going to have Ultimate licenses this weekend.
We're running into license issues.

dstuffle
October 13th, 2017, 23:36
Is it better to make the sub-channel for our game in the FG Con 11 branch or in the branch for the rule set (Savage Worlds in my case)?

LordEntrails
October 14th, 2017, 00:06
I thought we were all going to have Ultimate licenses this weekend.
We're running into license issues.
Did you run an update?

Is it better to make the sub-channel for our game in the FG Con 11 branch or in the branch for the rule set (Savage Worlds in my case)?
I've always made it in a sub-channel for the rule set.

damned
October 14th, 2017, 00:24
For FG Con its easiest if you put your channel under FG Con hwever it is not essential - so long as your players can find you.

Blackfoot - Im sorry - I just sent you an email.

Too late for you Im sorry.

Talen
October 14th, 2017, 00:52
Assuming no objections from the players, I will be streaming each of the Starfinder games I run at www.twitch.tv/talwynor (https://www.twitch.tv/talwynor)

Atua
October 14th, 2017, 04:57
I had a late dropout, so I have one slot free for my game in 6 hours. The game is Alagoran's Gem.

damned
October 14th, 2017, 07:06
I had a late dropout, so I have one slot free for my game in 6 hours. The game is Alagoran's Gem.

Ive opened up bookings for this event.

Atua
October 14th, 2017, 22:24
Thanks to everyone who made it to my game, I had lots of fun, and I sense everyone else was enjoying it too.

Poor Farnaby died to the Otyugh at the end before the rest of the party killed it. The group made it through 6 rooms with only one casualty which was really good.

I especially enjoyed the inventive solutions to the mushroom room and the arrow trapped hallway.

Waldbaer
October 15th, 2017, 07:58
Hey guys,

same with me. I honestly enjoyed playing yesterday...we did 7 hours through different time zones and you all stayed with me until you retrieved the great price out of the GAUNTLET. Great work - and I hope it was the same for you as for me. And it was really great to see that experienced players can blend in together with newbies and still have fun.

I am convinced that you people were frightened within the GAUNTLET quite a lot, weren't you? ;)

I enjoyed it very much an look forward to having another game with one or all of you some day.

Daedalus
October 15th, 2017, 18:12
A big thanks to everyone to everyone who played in my Streets of Bedlam live nude girls game. I have fun running it and I hope everyone enjoyed playing

NorCalRoach
October 16th, 2017, 17:07
I had a blast playing with Waldaer and his group this weekend. Gauntlet indeed! Most of us in the group were new to Fantasy Grounds and Waldaer was a good teacher. He was great explaining some of the Fantasy Grounds program mechanics and the D&D 5e ruleset. Everyone in the group was friendly and fun to play with. The session was so enjoyable that we played for almost 6 1/2 hours on Saturday. An entertaining way to spend the afternoon with strangers that quickly became friends. Good times! This was my first FG Con and I'm looking forward to the next!

Waldbaer
October 16th, 2017, 19:03
I had a blast playing with Waldaer and his group this weekend. Gauntlet indeed! Most of us in the group were new to Fantasy Grounds and Waldaer was a good teacher. He was great explaining some of the Fantasy Grounds program mechanics and the D&D 5e ruleset. Everyone in the group was friendly and fun to play with. The session was so enjoyable that we played for almost 6 1/2 hours on Saturday. An entertaining way to spend the afternoon with strangers that quickly became friends. Good times! This was my first FG Con and I'm looking forward to the next!

Very much thank you for your kind words!

Ellspeth
October 17th, 2017, 03:46
I know I have already posted screenshots from the 3 Savage Mojo games that ran at FG-Con, but that is not thanking all the great players that played in the games and supporting some very new GM’s.
You were all great, and it I enjoyed every one of them, even the one I ran, despite the fact that Set’s minions absolutely sucked and Set may as well toss up the white flag and kiss Ra’s feet now.
You were all so awesome the Savage Mojo/Legends Awaken team are already planning what they will be doing for the NEXT FG-Con, so thanks again everyone.
But also thanks to Clyde, for throwing himself into it and learning FG in just 4 weeks, gunbunnyfufu for being willing after I dragged him in to help with what I didn’t know, and Miles Kantir, Savage Mojo CEO making sure we had the pre-gens and materials we needed, sharing his passion for the Suzerain Continuum, and bringing us all together in the first place.
But I also want to thanks Damned for running a terrific session of Dungeon Worlds, Daedulus for his Bedlam game and Shotgun Jolly for running a mass battle in Battlestar Galactica that finally made clear the mechanics of space battles in Savage Worlds for me.

ShotGun Jolly
October 17th, 2017, 05:51
Yeah,

I had a blast this time around... again! Thanks everyone.. appreciate everyone's involvement! That goes to the event organizers aswell. Thanks for the volunteer efforts!

Jolly

damned
October 17th, 2017, 12:22
A huuuuge shout out to all the GMs that took the time to not only run games but also to prep games and to spread the word!

andreasforster, atua, blackfoot, cmdisc, colincbn, corwynn, d1wright, daedalus, dagobah, dstuffle, gmclydec, gunbunnyfufu, jeanneliza, joe813210, jwmk, keras, KenL, kevensimmons, lordkavos, meliath1742, pronobis, rob2e, shotgun-jolly, talen, ted, teufelhunde87, waldbaer, xazil

You guys are great - thank you so much!

FG Con 11 ran because of your efforts. The FG Con team didnt have a massive input on FG Con this time around so I thank you for picking it up and running with it!

Thank you to all the players who joined in, the publishers who donated materials (especially the Savage Mojo crew who got in and ran games too!) and SmiteWorks for their support too!

Trenloe
February 8th, 2018, 16:14
FG Con 12 initial announcement: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42308-FG-Con-12-Friday-April-13th-to-Sunday-April-15th-Start-Planning!