PDA

View Full Version : connection issue

shayne
August 13th, 2017, 00:22
So there was an update available just now 8/12/17 7:15 pm, and now I fail to connect. So now my players cannot reach me.
Am I the only one having this issue? We were just playing prior to the update.

Thanks in advance.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2017, 00:55
Welcome to the forums shayne

Fantasy Ground doesn't use a central server, your GM instance is the server, so it will be very rare that people will have similar connection issues to you.

Also, I'm not aware of any update in the "live" environment today.

A few questions:
What message do the players get when they try to connect?
Are you running on "test" or "live"?
What do you get when you try the connection test on the Load Campaign screen?
Has your GM computer IP address changed? If so, you may need to update any port forwarding rules you have setup in your Internet router.
Check what Windows is reporting your network connection as (assuming you're on Windows). If it's Public then change it to Private.

shayne
August 13th, 2017, 04:44
Thanks. I've lurked for a while, never really had an issue until now.
Once we realized that I am the instance, it made more sense.
Your suggestion was exactly what I needed, thanks!

Trenloe
August 13th, 2017, 04:50
Your suggestion was exactly what I needed, thanks!
Great! Glad you got going. :)

Ardem
August 21st, 2017, 06:03
Sometimes we have noted the FG alias server drops out for us, as well the above using IP address solution resolves it. But this should be looked at it seem to drop out a fair bit in my time line Sydney Australia Night.

LordEntrails
August 21st, 2017, 14:36
Sometimes we have noted the FG alias server drops out for us, as well the above using IP address solution resolves it. But this should be looked at it seem to drop out a fair bit in my time line Sydney Australia Night.
Try generating a new alias. It is possible that you have been given the same alias as someone else and therefore when they are on line you might be having conflicts/issues.