PDA

View Full Version : Twilight 2000 / Twilight 2013

JerryRig
August 11th, 2017, 20:40
I'm interested in running a Twilight 2000 campaign on Fantasy Grounds and would like to know if there's anybody interested in playing. The setting would be updated to the year 2013. I'd like to run games every week on a weekend (see below). Experience not required (nor expected).

FG License: GM has Ultimate so anyone can play (no purchase necessary ...though I encourage supporting this program)
Game System: Twilight 2000

Time Zone: Central Time USA (UTC -5)
Day of week and time: 2-4 time per month - A weekend (sometime between 10am to 7pm Central start time) *Will see what works for most parties interested
If new game, planned start date: Early September once character generation has been completed.
Planned Frequency: i.e. Weekly, every other week, once a month, etc.
Term: Working thru the introduction of T2K in FG. Likely long term campaign (year+)

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak (Fantasy Grounds Server)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 30/70 Heavy Combat
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5 players
Character starting level & equipment: New characters (character creation is time consuming in T2K)
Character restrictions: everything is subject to GM approval (and possible future retraining to keep balanced game)

Link to Gamecalendar page: Beans and Bullets (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1684)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once more a REMF screwed us over.

We were standing on the wooded hill south of the city of Torun overlooking the Wisla river and in the distance still standing proudly was the bridge we were ordered to destroy.

The problem was that they gave us a case of pre-war surplus C-4 and a dozen old 155 mm shells and told to work our magic. Work our magic we did... and I could just make out the 10 m crater and two broken support columns that now littered the main part of the bridge.

What I also could see was the hundreds of enemy soldiers scrambling to repair the damage in record time.

"Ummm sir!"

"Yes.. the what heck is it now?"

"Sir, don't look now but that looks like a tractor full of troops heading our way!!"

Damnit... we were Far from Home and had a long way to go.

"Get your gear and lets get out of here!!"

JerryRig
August 11th, 2017, 20:43
We marched through the new millennium with confidence. There were signs to unrest, to be sure, but few took them seriously. The great wars of the past seemed buried beneath wealthy societies that would no more threaten their neighbors than they would cut their own throats. We reasoned from our ivory towers that if only we could help the rest of the world be as affluent as we were, then peace would reign.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2316/2119746512_8246330165_m.jpg

What fools we were. Wars of blood and faith are part of our genetics and will never be silenced. Insults and divisions hundreds, even thousands, of years old cannot be paved over in a mere few years by democracy and prosperity.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2163/2119746542_283e239a24_m.jpg

The wealth turned into weapons. The democracies became dictatorships by will of the people. The need for oil, water, and fertile land pressured peoples and fractured societies. Jihad, crusade, revolution, genocide, and civil war replaced belief, trade, and debate. Barbaric weapons that were never to be used were employed indiscriminately against militaries, economies, and peoples.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2118/2119746604_fb4c3df960_m.jpg

After the Collapse, only one in ten lives. Civilization stands at a precipice and looks into the abyss. A few brave people are willing to fight against the coming dark age of humanity. They will stand against anarchy and push back the tide of barbarism. If there is hope, it is with the choices and sacrifices a small number of men and women will make.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/2118968495_eff22505a8_m.jpg

The campaign puts characters in the middle of the action during the last stages of the Twilight War. The choices made by the characters have profound consequences and affect how, or even if, civilization will recover.[/QUOTE]

JerryRig
August 11th, 2017, 20:44
Right-wing political parties make advances in general elections in Western Europe on anti-immigration/nationalist platforms and anti-Muslim/eastern European sentiment increases. Summer riots in France by Muslim youth spread to other European countries and a "European Intifada" is born.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2023/2144225684_a515017bc5_m.jpg

Islamists win control of the secular government in Turkey and start dismantling the system. A minor civil war breaks out between the secular army and the Islamist public, but it is eventually decided in favor of the Islamist government. Turkey withdraws from NATO and drops its application for entry into the EU. However, Turkey also declares itself the “Protector of Islam in Europe”.

China claims the Spratly Islands in the South China Sea. A conflict between Chinese and US-backed Philippine naval forces is narrowly averted by mediation by the United Nations.

An earthquake in China destroys the Three Gorges Dam system and flooding kills about 1 million Chinese citizens. Worse, China won’t be able to meet its energy needs without some new outside source. The Central Committee executes the designers of the dam in a show trial and begins to make preparations to acquire oil from its western neighbors. It enters into an alliance with Iran, Pakistan, and Myanmar to meet these needs by dominating the Middle East and the vital Indian Ocean.

Iranian-backed Shiite insurgencies appear in the major Sunni countries and begin to destabilize those nations. Crackdowns result in more conflict and dissatisfaction with leadership.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2143/2144225782_ac93a3903e_m.jpg

A terrorist attack in India re-ignites long-simmering Pakistan/India tensions and nuclear weapons are used by both sides on a tactical and strategic scale. Pakistan is crippled and India is badly damaged by the limited exchange.

After stirring up ethnic tensions in Kazakhstan, China invades, citing protection of ethnic Chinese. Iran invades Turkmenistan, citing similar abuses of Persian minorities. Kazakh and Turkmen forces are pushed back and request assistance from Russia, which responds and Central Asia turns into a meat grinder with Chinese/Iranian forces slowly advancing north. Chinese forces also fight their way into eastern Siberia, besieging Vladivostok.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2388/2143431965_780f38e579_m.jpg

Against Chinese desires, the Iranian president declares himself to be the 12th Imam, a Shiite apocalyptical figure. Iran launches a nuclear attack against Israel, the major Sunni capitals, and US forces in the Middle East. Iran is annihilated in the retaliation. After the dust settles, it’s obvious that the Middle East will be providing little to no petroleum to the world soon, making other sources all the more important. Also obvious is the damage to US forces, which took heavy casualties.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2406/2143431913_f309fbeaea_m.jpg

As the Iranian effort falters, Russia opens a new offensive in Central Asia and Eastern Siberia. Battle lines begin to move south as Russian forces employ chemical weapons on a massive scale and Chinese supply lines falter. When Russian forces reach Chinese borders, tactical nuclear weapons are employed by the Chinese, and then by the Russians. However, the Russian drive into China is only slowed.

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2091/2144225720_edc6649ed7_m.jpg

Russia, citing internal needs, cuts fuel deliveries to Europe. NATO nations, facing a cold winter, threaten to blockade the Baltic. Tensions increase and Russian merchant vessels are fired on by NATO naval assets. Russian forces invade NATO member Poland. The initial plan is to occupy territory to the Wisla River and then negotiate, but the NATO forces are pushed back ahead of schedule and Russian leaders decide to occupy all of Poland and establish a new set of “buffer” nations.

Turkey, citing abuse of Muslims in Hungary, Romania, and Greece, invades the Balkans and Eastern Europe. NATO forces, already reeling under Russian attacks, make a determined but futile stand.

Dellvin
August 12th, 2017, 04:41
YES. Ho Hell Yes love twilight 2000. It has bin almost 15 yrs sense iv played, I'm in.
I have a buddy that's got just demo I know he will be all over this and want to play. An one other as well that will play.
So hope to here from you about this

JerryRig
August 12th, 2017, 05:19
Good to hear ...I'm often on the Fantasy Grounds Team Speak Server if you want to catch me and see if we can get this going.

thehorrors
August 12th, 2017, 13:51
Always wanted to play this. If you have room would love to jump on board. Weekends are good for me also.
I just ordered some black powder red earth books so this seems like it's meant to be lol

JerryRig
August 12th, 2017, 21:38
I think you've got yourself a seat horrors. :)

thehorrors
August 12th, 2017, 23:54
thanks man cant wait

JerryRig
August 13th, 2017, 02:00
Going to need to generate characters prior to the September game start so we are ready to play. Need some ideas on what times/days of the weekend work for people.

Dellvin
August 13th, 2017, 05:05
sunday anytime works for me

thehorrors
August 13th, 2017, 06:09
Jerryrig im already trying to flesh out a rough idea for a character. would a member of 2e Régiment étranger de parachutistes (french foreign legion) be some thing that i could go with?

JerryRig
August 13th, 2017, 13:36
Nationality is wide open. Go for it.

JerryRig
August 14th, 2017, 21:03
If any of you can get with me in the evenings we can generate a character or make a dent in it. Nobody met me on Teamspeak over the weekend so lets meet when you can spare some time along the way. Next week my morning and early afternoons will be booked back up as I will be going back to college with the end of spring break.

JerryRig
August 15th, 2017, 18:38
I've uploaded the items needed to assist you in character generation as well as a spreadsheet to use if you want to track it. Get with me to get access too my Dropbox.

Dellvin
August 17th, 2017, 00:30
I'm free tonight if you going to be on I likre to start making my chr

Dellvin
August 17th, 2017, 00:52
if your free I'm on the discord server same name message me I like to start getting chrs made
thx

JerryRig
August 18th, 2017, 13:52
Sorry I missed your message posting. If you send a Private Message to a person they usually get an e-mail as well notifying them. This should work to get a hold of me easier. Also I use the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak server for voice communication (instructions are in my original post here). I'll be available most of today and this weekend to work on characters.

LordEntrails
August 18th, 2017, 18:19
Good luck and have fun. Wish I could join but I'm at my gaming limit. Good thing I don't get (too) jealous!

Sounds like it should be a great time. Bought the original TW2k when it came out, read it through several times but never got a chance to play.

TrainofPain
August 18th, 2017, 20:22
Not sure if you have room still but I would be interested in playing TW2K. Have never played it so system will be foreign to me but I'm a quick learner

JerryRig
August 18th, 2017, 23:18
We do still have vacancies ...catch me on Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak server and i can go thru thigns with you and help you understand the core rulebook and character building.

JerryRig
August 25th, 2017, 18:28
Our group is looking for 1 more player to fill the ranks. We will begin play Sept 3rd with 4 players if nobody else joins the group before then. I have some character someone who wants to try it out can play and see if it is fun and a mutual enjoyment with the group. No commitment to try it out and see if it's your ball of wax so to speak. If you interested you can approach our group one of 3 ways:

1. Reply here on this forum.
2. Send me a personal message using Fantasy Grounds private message system.
3. Use the calendar link on the initial posting announcement and submit a request to join there.

Again, welcome all who have joined and made this adventuring campaign a great start and look forward to our first adventure and see where you go and what you all end up doing in the twilight of the big war.

JerryRig
September 10th, 2017, 16:38
bump