PDA

View Full Version : The Run Die

Topdecker
August 11th, 2017, 15:46
Is there a way to specify the type of die to be used for the run die? I ask because I wish to set it specifically to a d4 because of a custom hindrance.

Also, setting the BASE run to a value other than 6 results in it returning to 6. I am not sure what the point of allowing the field to be adjusted if the adjustments are going to be ignored. (I added a -2 modifier so it is easy enough to get there, but adjustable fields that revert are pointless.)

Thanks!

Trenloe
August 11th, 2017, 16:16
Is there a way to specify the type of die to be used for the run die?
The usual FG method of assigning a die - drag/drop the dice onto the little dice icon. Make sure the hand mouse cursor is over the dice icon when you drop.

Topdecker
August 11th, 2017, 16:19
Trenloe -

Thanks! Spot on and easy enough ;) I never would have figured that one out, I don't think

Sgain
August 11th, 2017, 19:39
I use a house rule - instead of a run die we just use 1/2 of the Agility die and add that to the movement.

Topdecker
August 11th, 2017, 21:50
I use a house rule - instead of a run die we just use 1/2 of the Agility die and add that to the movement.

If I were to take that route, I would probably use strength instead. Smarts & agility get plenty of loving, but there are too few strength-based perks.

Ikael
August 12th, 2017, 14:03
Also, setting the BASE run to a value other than 6 results in it returning to 6. I am not sure what the point of allowing the field to be adjusted if the adjustments are going to be ignored. (I added a -2 modifier so it is easy enough to get there, but adjustable fields that revert are pointless.)

The Base value was never meant to be editable, good catch! So I will change the base field to be readonly and if you want to adjust derived stats, use the modifier list

Topdecker
August 12th, 2017, 14:10
The Base value was never meant to be editable, good catch! So I will change the base field to be readonly and if you want to adjust derived stats, use the modifier list

Good deal! Thanks for all you do, Ikael