PDA

View Full Version : Using the PFRPG ruleset to Play Starfinder

Trenloe
August 10th, 2017, 22:02
This is a thread where people can discuss the possibilities of using the standard PFRPG ruleset to play some Starfinder with Fantasy Grounds.

I received my PDFs yesterday and so I haven't had much time to go through it all - so my knowledge is pretty limited.

The main things with Starfinder when compared to Pathfinder are:

Two types of AC - EAC (Energy Armor Class) and KAC (Kinetic Armor Class). There is no longer a Touch or Flat-Footed AC.
There are now Stamina points and Resolve points. Stamina has a similar mechanic to temp HP - i.e. damage is applied to stamina before HP, but there are some differences. Resolve points are described as "...an intrinsic reservoir of grit and luck..."
Some changes in skills. There are some new ones (computers, for example) and some renamed/combined ones - for example: "Culture" covers three knowledge skills - History, Local and Nobility.
NPCs have been simplified a little - their stats are based off CR and do not share the same creation rules with PCs.

So, how can we play Startfinder in Fantasy Grounds until either an official ruleset comes out (rumours are there will be one) or a few nice community devs come up with some extensions to help out?

Here are a few ideas:

Use the "Touch" mechanic in the ruleset to indicate energy attacks - thus the (N)PC must be setup such that their normal AC is their KAC and their touch AC is their EAC. Attacks that target EAC should be setup to be touch attacks.
Use temp HP for stamina points. If temp HP are actually applied you can apply them on top of stamina - they'll need to be manually tracked to know when temp HP are used up.
Track Resolve Points using the Hero Points extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28660-Hero-Points-Extension-for-CoreRPG-(3-5E-4E-PFRPG-CoC-CnC)) (thanks for the suggestion Talen).
Critical attacks don't need to confirm. So turn off "Attack: Critical Confirm" in the campaign options.
I'm not familiar with all of the possible crit additional effects (e.g. burn) of some weapons. A DMGO effect can be used for burn.
The shorthand damage (S, B or P) and energy types (A, C, E, F and S) should be converted into their Pathfinder names - slashing, bludgeoning and piercing; acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic.
Some effects will work fine, but others might not work fully, especially where EAC/KAC and skills are involved - FG might not recognise the skills or map an ability stat change to the right skill.
Starships and space combat will pretty much have to be handled manually - maybe use story entries/notes to track stats of ships. You should be able to use a map with a hex grid to track the starship movement and placement.
Carrying Capacity (page 167)- as 10 "L" (light) items make 1 bulk, I think it's best to track bulk in the character sheet as 1 bulk = 10 pounds. Therefore, an L item has a weight of one, a bulk 1 item has a weight of 10, etc.. Put STR x 5 in the Medium encumbrance field on the inventory tab, and STR x 10 in the Heavy. Medium = Encumbered threshold, Heavy = Overburdened threshold.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other things I'm not aware of that would need conversion or special treatment.

Here's an example of the Space Goblin from the Free RPG day "First Contact" - available for free download here: https://paizo.com/products/btpy9tmr?Starfinder-First-Contact

Note the Normal (KAC) and Touch (EAC) AC entries. The energy weapon attack is set as "touch". The damage types have been set to the Pathfinder equivalent wording. There's no HD. The NPC bonuses have been converted into the minimum stat to give that bonus.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20104

All in all, I think that Starfinder is playable with the PFRPG ruleset - with a few manual overrides needed...

Let us know your thoughts and experiences!

Trenloe
August 10th, 2017, 23:35
Extensions!

1) Starfinder Common Data (attached to this post) - adds the Startfinder skills to the character sheet and the drop down skill roll in the party sheet.
2) Hero Points - use for resolve points. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28660-Hero-Points-Extension-for-CoreRPG-(3-5E-4E-PFRPG-CoC-CnC)

Library data modules!

1) Core Races (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39638-Using-the-PFRPG-ruleset-to-Play-Starfinder&p=350737&viewfull=1#post350737) Drag/drop races. Thanks Talen.

Trenloe
August 10th, 2017, 23:35
Attached are example Player Characters in FG XML format, ready for importing.

Android Mechanic - a basic level 1 PC with second skin armor and an azimuth laser pistol. Showing how to setup KAC/EAC, carrying capacity, weapon and critical (1d4 burn in this case), HP and Stamina, etc..
Starfinder Society pregens here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39638-Using-the-PFRPG-ruleset-to-Play-Starfinder&p=351040&viewfull=1#post351040 and here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39638-Using-the-PFRPG-ruleset-to-Play-Starfinder&p=351089&viewfull=1#post351089 Fantastic work Talen!

Talen
August 11th, 2017, 02:42
Good suggestions trenloe. While i havent tried your parser yet for the monster entities, Ken L's extension works fairly well with a little tweaking.

Also, you can use the hero point extension, rename the field to resolve points, and your resolve points are taken care of.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2017, 02:48
Also, you can use the hero point extension, rename the field to resolve points, and your resolve points are taken care of.
Good idea. I've updated post #1 with a link to the extension.

Wookiee420
August 11th, 2017, 04:27
what did you guys figure out about vehicle combat?

Trenloe
August 11th, 2017, 04:38
what did you guys figure out about vehicle combat?
I haven't had a look at the rules for vehicle combat. Assuming it's similar to starship combat then it'll be point #8 in the second list in the first post - do it manually.

Wookiee420
August 11th, 2017, 04:44
it seems to me that it would be doable to do it manually (duh its manual) but it also seems like there is a lot of stuff to keep track of

here is a synopsis
General Starship Combat
Starship combat has been described as battletech/spelljammer like as well as “Star Trek inspired with sprinkles of Firefly”. Ship combat is done “tactically” on a 2D hex grid, and direction the ship is facing matters. Overall it is very different from normal pathfinder combat. Starship combat is divided into three “phases”: the engineering phase, the piloting phase, and the gunnery phase. The actions of each ship in a phase happens simultaneously and is resolved among all ships before beginning another phase (i.e. if the player’s ship destroys an enemy ship during the gunnery phase, the destroyed ship can still act during that phase). Starship combat requires a lot of communication between players, you start combat understanding only what class ships you are fighting. Each player can take an action and a minor action each turn. Although ship combat is two dimensional, moving through opponent’s ships is possible. When your ships hp reaches 0 your ship is disabled, when it reaches another marker (I believe -100% of you ships hp) your ship explodes. Every time you do a total amount of damage to a ship’s hull that is a multiple of of its critical threshold, it takes a critical effect. For example a goblin ship with a critical threshold of 4 takes 18 damage to its haul. There are 4 multiples of 4 within the 18 damage done, so the goblin ship takes 4 critical effects.
Starship Roles
Every player has an important role in starship combat. Choice of class will not restrict one’s choice of starship role. Each ship role has a single skill that it uses to perform various functions. New actions for a role are unlocked with additional skill ranks in the relevant skill. The roles are as follows: captain, science officer, gunner, engineer, and pilot. Only one player each can be the captain and the pilot, however you can have multiples of other roles.

more in depth can be found here starting page 44
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xIdRnyjYglnAOIzn38j4LYqwKfSalfs8pN5zJRJRYUI/edit#

Trenloe
August 11th, 2017, 04:51
OK, I'd read up on Statship combat. Hex's can be done, and starship facing/movement can be done on that. Then initiative for the main portion would be based off the pilot skill roll - so manual entry for that in the CT.

I haven't compared the NPC -> Vehicle sheet with the starship sheet, so I don't know how much of that can be used/bodged to work.

But, seeing as most of the stuff in starship combat is skill checks rather than direct attacks then it might need some manual massaging. Unless it's possible to enter PC (and NPC) attacks with the right bonuses and then target the starship AC. I'll have to do more reading... I've only read through the Adventure Path scenario and skipped through character generation in the core rulebook.

Wookiee420
August 11th, 2017, 04:54
and i am still waiting to get my hands on official materials, i just have that link up there that i got from the Dawnforged peoples. i do have official StarJammer though...which doesnt help this situation lol

Trenloe
August 11th, 2017, 05:27
and i am still waiting to get my hands on official materials
I was very surprised when I got the email a couple of days ago from Paizo saying they were shipping the books and providing a PDF download link. And even more pleasantly surprised when the physical books arrived on my doorstep today. :)

I quickly knock up an extension tomorrow that has the Starfinder skills - meaning that a new PC will have the right skills populated. I'll also try and do a video with an example combat showing how to make the PFRPG ruleset work in Starfinder...

Ken L
August 11th, 2017, 06:23
FG is going to release a starfinder ruleset iirc.

Wookiee420
August 11th, 2017, 06:32

If I knew lua well enough to make a ruleset, I would offer to do this and StarJammer, but I am still learning.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2017, 13:11
Yep, we know - as was mentioned in the first post.

But a lot of us can't wait until that comes out - we need to play now!

Nylanfs
August 11th, 2017, 16:13
Wookie, make StarJammer for John Reyst and rake in that sweet cash. :-)

Talyn
August 12th, 2017, 00:54
There is no developer for the Starfinder ruleset is the issue. A few of us just kinda figured it'd be Trenloe since he's one of the best Pathfinder ruleset and Lua guys in the community, but I guess not.

Talen
August 13th, 2017, 18:54
Extensions!

1) Starfinder Common Data (attached to this post) - adds the Startfinder skills to the character sheet and the drop down skill roll in the party sheet.
2) Hero Points - use for resolve points. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28660-Hero-Points-Extension-for-CoreRPG-(3-5E-4E-PFRPG-CoC-CnC)

I just saw this - thanks Trenloe. Question: the addition of the skills and roll functionality works as advertised, and I assume I will continue to get "Unable to find skill record with the correct name" until I manually populate skill descriptions (presumably because of IP concerns) - correct?

Trenloe
August 13th, 2017, 19:25
I assume I will continue to get "Unable to find skill record with the correct name" until I manually populate skill descriptions (presumably because of IP concerns) - correct?
The PF ruleset doesn't have the functionality to put skill descriptions within the skill list in the extension. The ruleset looks for a skill of the relevant name in the campaign database or an open module. I haven't created a module purely because I don't fancy spending the time on it. Starfinder is released under the OGL where skills and skill descriptions are under the license. So, there's nothing stopping someone putting together a community data module for skills, and other OGL material, and distributing it under the OGL.

Talen
August 15th, 2017, 01:38
I put together a module of the Core Races which allows for some drag and drop functionality (drag your race onto the race section of the character sheet and racial traits and ability adjustments will auto populate.)

I believe this is permitted under the anticipated SRD with the disclosure below, but I will of course remove or modify as necessary.

This module uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This module is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Inc. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse (https://paizo.com/communityuse). For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com (https://paizo.com/)."

Trenloe
August 15th, 2017, 02:15
I put together a module of the Core Races which allows for some drag and drop functionality (drag your race onto the race section of the character sheet and racial traits and ability adjustments will auto populate.)
Fantastic!

Could you put the community use policy statement and the OGL from the rulebook within the module itself please? Easiest to put it in a story entry under License/Legal or something similar. Otherwise it can't be distributed. Thanks.

Talen
August 15th, 2017, 02:54
Fantastic!

Could you put the community use policy statement and the OGL from the rulebook within the module itself please? Easiest to put it in a story entry under License/Legal or something similar. Otherwise it can't be distributed. Thanks.

No problem. Done.

Wookiee420
August 15th, 2017, 04:45
Wookie, make StarJammer for John Reyst and rake in that sweet cash. :-)

It's a lua and time thing. Ruleset dev takes a lot of hours, and idk if I know lua well enough to make the ruleset...i plan to do it I just don't know how to do the starship combat...also if I do starjammer I should do starfinder

Talen
August 17th, 2017, 01:13
Here are the Level 1 Pregens with a limited library file of spells, feats, inventory and classes to support the PC's. Please let me know if you see errors or have a better way to do this. I created this strictly through data entry and not all of it was as elegant as I would like - but it IS here in time for the Starfinder Society kick off in a few hours! See post 28 for the remaining pc's. (I neglected to upload the individual pc files when I initially posted.)

Moon Wizard
August 17th, 2017, 01:38
Is there an SRD available for Starfinder already, or just the blog snippets?

I tried to look for one online.

Thanks,
JPG

Talen
August 17th, 2017, 02:17
The Free RPG Day book had a link in it to www.paizo.com/sfrd (https://www.paizo.com/sfrd) - but doesn't appear to be live yet. I had thought I read it would be live during gencon but can't track that down to confirm.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2017, 02:17
I don't think there's a full on SRD yet.

The Starfinder products are released under the usual Paizo OGL

Full Bleed
August 17th, 2017, 07:49
The Free RPG Day book had a link in it to www.paizo.com/sfrd (https://www.paizo.com/sfrd) - but doesn't appear to be live yet. I had thought I read it would be live during gencon but can't track that down to confirm.
I'd be pleasantly surprised if that was the case... but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not sure how fast they even put out stuff on the Pathfinder RD (for example, they still don't have the Bestiary 6 on there and that was released in March) so I didn't expect them to rush out the Starfinder RD. However, given the expansion of subscriptions and accessories for Starfinder I think the response has exceeded expectations... so maybe the RD will get fast-tracked.

I figured it would be one of these links:

https://paizo.com/starfinderRPG/srd/index.html
https://paizo.com/starfinderRPG/sfrd/index.html

Neither (currently) works though. ;)

Talen
August 17th, 2017, 11:56
Lvl 1 Pregens Continued

Full Bleed
August 18th, 2017, 04:27

I tried to look for one online.
UPDATE:

Using the link Talen provided there is now a page indicating that "The Starfinder Reference Document Lands Fall 2017": https://paizo.com/sfrd/

Nylanfs
August 19th, 2017, 01:57
Fall is an awfully long time period.

Full Bleed
August 19th, 2017, 17:13
Fall is an awfully long time period.
There will, likely, be a 3rd party Starfinder RD before the official one launches...

This one has a landing page, but isn't operational yet:

https://www.starfindersrd.com/

Samarex
August 23rd, 2017, 01:45
Is there any plans on a Ruleset for Stafinder in the near future?

I started playing around with one, Going to be fun re-doing the Armor Class system

Nylanfs
August 23rd, 2017, 02:20
Soon(TM) (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealSoonNow)

LordEntrails
August 23rd, 2017, 04:11
Is there any plans on a Ruleset for Stafinder in the near future?
Depends on how you define "near future".

I believe SW has a license to do it, but does not have a developer available to do it.

Total guess on my part, but ~6 months?

corwynn
August 23rd, 2017, 23:43
Talen ran a successful session of Into the Unknown last night. There were some places which could have been improved on, but all in all, even considering how new all of us were (my first play session, and I've only GMed half of a scenario), we had a good time and it was surprisingly smooth.

(Best part of it? Nobody was arrogantly spouting off rules like the other players were morons...instead we were all working together to look things up as they arose. Ah, if that would only last....LOL.)

Eru the One
August 25th, 2017, 00:26
Talen ran a successful session of Into the Unknown last night. There were some places which could have been improved on, but all in all, even considering how new all of us were (my first play session, and I've only GMed half of a scenario), we had a good time and it was surprisingly smooth.
Glad to hear that!

(Best part of it? Nobody was arrogantly spouting off rules like the other players were morons...instead we were all working together to look things up as they arose. Ah, if that would only last....LOL.)
Yeah that's one of my major problems with Pathfinder and I'm already seeing some of that on Starfinder forums :(.

corwynn
August 26th, 2017, 00:33
I assume nobody missed it, but it was confirmed today that there's active development on SF for FG, so an official Smiteworks version of the ruleset is going to be published. It is, however, not something they're giving an ETA on as of yet. Fortunately, even if it's not THE prettiest, FG is fairly functional using the existing rulesets and the information in this thread.

Anyone interested in dipping into the game there are open slots available next Wednesday. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2720)

Wookiee420
September 1st, 2017, 04:46
hey peeps
https://www.starfindersrd.com/

Samarex
September 13th, 2017, 04:12
This is a thread where people can discuss the possibilities of using the standard PFRPG ruleset to play some Starfinder with Fantasy Grounds.

I received my PDFs yesterday and so I haven't had much time to go through it all - so my knowledge is pretty limited.

The main things with Starfinder when compared to Pathfinder are:

Two types of AC - EAC (Energy Armor Class) and KAC (Kinetic Armor Class). There is no longer a Touch or Flat-Footed AC.
There are now Stamina points and Resolve points. Stamina has a similar mechanic to temp HP - i.e. damage is applied to stamina before HP, but there are some differences. Resolve points are described as "...an intrinsic reservoir of grit and luck..."
Some changes in skills. There are some new ones (computers, for example) and some renamed/combined ones - for example: "Culture" covers three knowledge skills - History, Local and Nobility.
NPCs have been simplified a little - their stats are based off CR and do not share the same creation rules with PCs.

So, how can we play Startfinder in Fantasy Grounds until either an official ruleset comes out (rumours are there will be one) or a few nice community devs come up with some extensions to help out?

Here are a few ideas:

Use the "Touch" mechanic in the ruleset to indicate energy attacks - thus the (N)PC must be setup such that their normal AC is their KAC and their touch AC is their EAC. Attacks that target EAC should be setup to be touch attacks.
Use temp HP for stamina points. If temp HP are actually applied you can apply them on top of stamina - they'll need to be manually tracked to know when temp HP are used up.
Track Resolve Points using the Hero Points extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28660-Hero-Points-Extension-for-CoreRPG-(3-5E-4E-PFRPG-CoC-CnC)) (thanks for the suggestion Talen).
Critical attacks don't need to confirm. So turn off "Attack: Critical Confirm" in the campaign options.
I'm not familiar with all of the possible crit additional effects (e.g. burn) of some weapons. A DMGO effect can be used for burn.
The shorthand damage (S, B or P) and energy types (A, C, E, F and S) should be converted into their Pathfinder names - slashing, bludgeoning and piercing; acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic.
Some effects will work fine, but others might not work fully, especially where EAC/KAC and skills are involved - FG might not recognise the skills or map an ability stat change to the right skill.
Starships and space combat will pretty much have to be handled manually - maybe use story entries/notes to track stats of ships. You should be able to use a map with a hex grid to track the starship movement and placement.
Carrying Capacity (page 167)- as 10 "L" (light) items make 1 bulk, I think it's best to track bulk in the character sheet as 1 bulk = 10 pounds. Therefore, an L item has a weight of one, a bulk 1 item has a weight of 10, etc.. Put STR x 5 in the Medium encumbrance field on the inventory tab, and STR x 10 in the Heavy. Medium = Encumbered threshold, Heavy = Overburdened threshold.

I'm sure there are a bunch of other things I'm not aware of that would need conversion or special treatment.

Here's an example of the Space Goblin from the Free RPG day "First Contact" - available for free download here: https://paizo.com/products/btpy9tmr?Starfinder-First-Contact

Note the Normal (KAC) and Touch (EAC) AC entries. The energy weapon attack is set as "touch". The damage types have been set to the Pathfinder equivalent wording. There's no HD. The NPC bonuses have been converted into the minimum stat to give that bonus.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20104

All in all, I think that Starfinder is playable with the PFRPG ruleset - with a few manual overrides needed...

Let us know your thoughts and experiences!
I Started working on this when it came out, but gave up when I got to the AC part. But with your ideas above I continued. Still working on it but here is what I got so far.
Resolve- Used Hero Point as you stated.
HP/Stamina/TempHP
Added Stamina Box.
edited script to take damage in order TempHP-Stamina-Wounds
[As seen in the Attachments]

I still have to get Stamina added to the CT and Mini sheet then going to work some on the Main and Combat Tabs to adjust for the Touch Attach for Energy AC. Just mainly Labels and such so its less confusing.

Im going to set it up the other way. I will have to create the Bonus blocks and change how touch AC is calculated. But to me it makes more sense to use Touch as KAC this way when you setting up NPCs you can relate Touch with a weapon that actually has to touch the Target and the regulat AC for EAC ranged attacks.

Samarex
September 13th, 2017, 08:04
Got the Combat tab and Character Mini sheets Done

corwynn
September 13th, 2017, 08:57
I know that we don't have a firm date on Starfinder official content, but given that we have run a fair number of sessions without resorting to anything outside of what has already been discussed, I wonder at the value of modifying things as such.

Particularly in changing the references to AC that have been used by the GMs and players, and which work just fine.

As far as I am concerned, there's no exceptional value to anything outside of a party sheet modification. That is literally the only thing I have run into an issue with during play.

Samarex
September 13th, 2017, 10:19
I know that we don't have a firm date on Starfinder official content, but given that we have run a fair number of sessions without resorting to anything outside of what has already been discussed, I wonder at the value of modifying things as such.

Particularly in changing the references to AC that have been used by the GMs and players, and which work just fine.

As far as I am concerned, there's no exceptional value to anything outside of a party sheet modification. That is literally the only thing I have run into an issue with during play.

Well I: spent the day making this extension. If you want to use it Cool. But I made it for myself to run with my group. Im just sharing the work I did.

1- The EAC and KAC work. With melee type i.e Sword that require you to physically hit the target then just put touch in the properties line. it will hit against KAC without it will target EAC.
2- As stated before HP system counts down Temp/Stamina/Wounds.
3- EAC and KAC have seperate Armor and Shield Mod blocks. Stat cycle butoon will adjust both EAC and KAC
4- CMD is set to the 8+KAC as per Starfinders Character Sheet
5- Resolve Points have been put on Main Tab.

Enjoy
Samarex

corwynn
September 13th, 2017, 10:21
Not much point when everything has been converted with EAC as Touch, as pointed out in post 1.

Samarex
September 13th, 2017, 10:40
Not much point when everything has been converted with EAC as Touch, as pointed out in post 1.

As stated in my post...Use it if you want to. if you don't want to Im not twisting your arm.....
But At least I put the effort into doing it....
I happy.....

corwynn
September 13th, 2017, 10:48
Great. Glad it pleases you. Just pointing out that the work others have done built off of what was shared in the thread previously. You made the decision to make your work incompatible with that. It's worth knowing that every conversion available (thusfar I know that Talen has done Into the Unknown, #1-01 to 03, and the first part of Incident at Absalom Station) used the imminently logical (touch AC doesn't mean physical touch, while AC does...pistols and spells use touch AC in Pathfinder) and pre-existing convention which was detailed already.

Awesome that you have something that works for you. For people who actually want to take advantage of the many hours of conversion work, however, your changes are not going to be helpful.

That's my point. You made a homebrew solution. It's pretty worth knowing if you're looking into Starfinder that your solution is not the one which is compatible with everyone elses.

Samarex
September 13th, 2017, 11:01

Understand what you were talking about now. So here is a version with EAC as Touch.

Samarex
September 13th, 2017, 11:58
Understand what you were talking about now. So here is a version with EAC as Touch.

Fixed CMD I missed it when changing to EAC [Now Uses KAC+8 instead of EAC]

Added in KAC and EAC to Items. was going to do it but slipped my mind in all the work. Remembered while eating.

KAC and EAC do not auto fill into in the combat tab when you drop armor into your inventory. I was going to work on that but not since working too hard
to make everything automated when FG is making a official ruleset.
At least its something for now.

As a Note. This extension includes
Trenloe's common data ext and the Hero Points Ext so those are not required to be loaded.
Samarex

Talen
September 13th, 2017, 12:51
Fixed CMD I missed it when changing to EAC [Now Uses KAC+8 instead of EAC]

Added in KAC and EAC to Items. was going to do it but slipped my mind in all the work. Remembered while eating.

KAC and EAC do not auto fill into in the combat tab when you drop armor into your inventory. I was going to work on that but not since working too hard
to make everything automated when FG is making a official ruleset.
At least its something for now.

As a Note. This extension includes
Trenloe's common data ext and the Hero Points Ext so those are not required to be loaded.
Samarex

Have to double check, but does this version also use touch for EAC? Thanks for making that change based on Corwynn's feedback. Ive played with this a little on the player side and seems to work well with the existing conversions on the player side. Thanks for posting! Im assuming the NPC side is not incorporated? I've ben using Ken L's creature gen for conversions and if this played as well with that, thenm this would be a very nice tool for the people playing society games so far. If you have any interest, I can send you the conversions so you can see how we have cobbled this together to date.

Samarex
September 14th, 2017, 09:59
Have to double check, but does this version also use touch for EAC? Thanks for making that change based on Corwynn's feedback. Ive played with this a little on the player side and seems to work well with the existing conversions on the player side. Thanks for posting! Im assuming the NPC side is not incorporated? I've ben using Ken L's creature gen for conversions and if this played as well with that, thenm this would be a very nice tool for the people playing society games so far. If you have any interest, I can send you the conversions so you can see how we have cobbled this together to date.

Yes please send So I can make sure it works with what you guys use

Samarex
September 14th, 2017, 12:49
Ok was tweaking some minor things. And testing. I have found a problem with using Touch for EAC or KAC and its in Pathfinder not my extension.
The issue is if your Touch AC is higher than your standard AC then the system use's your Standard AC when doing a Touch attack. But as long as your standard AC is higher than your touch everything is fine.

Samarex
September 14th, 2017, 22:25
So with my testing, other than the issue with having a higher EAC than KAC everything seems to work PC attack PC or NPC and NPC attacking PC. I'm looking to where PF make the choice to use KAC instead if your EAC is higher.
So I will upload latest version when I get home. I fixed something's I missed when converting it to EAC, forgot to change the Mini CS. (Fixed).
Would like if you guys could test and give some feedback.

Trenloe
September 14th, 2017, 22:54
I'm looking to where PF make the choice to use KAC instead if your EAC is higher.
3.5E ruleset, script = scripts\manager_actor2.lua, function = getDefenseValue. See the section at the comment "MAKE SURE FLAT-FOOTED AND TOUCH ADJUSTMENTS ARE POSITIVE"

Samarex
September 15th, 2017, 00:37
3.5E ruleset, script = scripts\manager_actor2.lua, function = getDefenseValue. See the section at the comment "MAKE SURE FLAT-FOOTED AND TOUCH ADJUSTMENTS ARE POSITIVE"

Thanks-
Version 1.3
Fixed Attacks against EAC when EAC is higher that KAC. [System now uses EAC]

Its seems to be working as far as I can see. Would like some testing and feedback.

Samarex
September 15th, 2017, 06:49
Good afternoon.....
Version 1.4 Added NPC Critical Hits as per Core Rules page 501
You can turn Critical Hits Option to NPC and NPC will work as below and PC will
automatically CRIT if within the weapons crit range.

dogslicer+0(1d4/17-20 slashing)
A 20 Will Crit
a 17,18 or 19 will confirm a crit

Critical Hits: A converted monster deals automatic critical
damage when it rolls a natural 20 on its attack, with no
confirmation roll. However, if a monster’s weapon or attack has
an expanded critical range, it must roll to confirm the critical on
any result that is in that range but isn’t a 20. For example, if a
marilith rolled a 20 on her longsword attack (2d6+8/17–20), she
would automatically score a critical hit and deal double damage.
If she rolled a 17, 18, or 19, she must hit with a confirmation roll
to deal critical damage. Critical multipliers (such as a weapon
that deals ×3 damage on a critical hit) still multiply damage by
the indicated amount.

Samarex
September 19th, 2017, 06:30
With the Feedback from the Playtest group this morning I started on Party Sheet Conversion [Sorry I forgot about it at the start.]

So I got the Main Tab on PS updated, Had to change Main Tab on Character sheet to include Max Stamina [I wanted it there before anyway.

Party Sheet Main Tab 20544
Now there are 2 Color Bars W for Wounds and S for Stamina
Updated the Defenses Labels and removed FF

On to Skills Tab.

corwynn
September 19th, 2017, 23:51
Suggest Using Hit Points and Max Hit Points as well as Stamina and Max Stamina. Will be using the extension for the Wednesday AP group. Suspect we won't have much to add to what we talked about on Monday, but if anything new comes up I'll let you know. Congrats on the new arrival.

Samarex
September 20th, 2017, 00:10
Suggest Using Hit Points and Max Hit Points as well as Stamina and Max Stamina. Will be using the extension for the Wednesday AP group. Suspect we won't have much to add to what we talked about on Monday, but if anything new comes up I'll let you know. Congrats on the new arrival.

I did. We have Stamina and Current Stamina. Current stamina will adjust during combat Stamina is just place holder to remind what you max is. Almost have Party Sheet updated. I will get that out today. Got to get some sleep first. All night in hospital. 7.7 lb baby girl

corwynn
September 20th, 2017, 00:20
Dupe

corwynn
September 20th, 2017, 00:22
My point was more that using the actual terminology would be superior to using the dated concept of HP and Wounds along with Stamina and Current Stamina. They don't match. So since you're adjusting things, I would suggest using the Starfinder conventions. Do with that as you will. (Alternatively, and not as "by the book" you could list Stamina as Stamina and Fatigue, and have it count down like wounds, with subdual adding in.)

Samarex
September 20th, 2017, 04:20
My point was more that using the actual terminology would be superior to using the dated concept of HP and Wounds along with Stamina and Current Stamina. They don't match. So since you're adjusting things, I would suggest using the Starfinder conventions. Do with that as you will. (Alternatively, and not as "by the book" you could list Stamina as Stamina and Fatigue, and have it count down like wounds, with subdual adding in.)

Ok I think I can make a Rules Option for the Fatique so it could be played either way. As for the HP /Wounds not totally matching the rule book I understand. But look at it this way. My goal here was to make something that would allow Pathfinder to be used as a ruleset for Starfinder in FG until the point that a actual ruleset was published, without a total rewrite of the rule set. So as it looks a little off it works close to the system at this point and is playable.

But I will look into it after I finish the Core Rules Update to match better.

corwynn
September 20th, 2017, 04:50
It's a suggestion. It's your extension. You asked what we thought. I think that making HP and Stamina match is more aesthetically pleasing and less confusing. Again, do as you would like. By the rules as written (i.e. the official character sheet from the book), the fields should be TOTAL SP, CURRENT SP, TOTAL HP, CURRENT HP. You've apparently been tweaking things enough to allow for the optional critical confirmation rules for NPCs. I figure that something that obscure is less of a priority for me as a player and GM than having the system calculate two of the most critical variables in a consistent manner.

Honestly, I feel like every time I point out an issue, you want to explain why you did it or didn't do it or don't want to do it. If I wanted to hear someone justify their reasons to not pay attention to my comments, I have two small children to provide that service. I would expect an adult asking for suggestions for an extension which is arguably designed to make it as simple and comfortable to play Starfinder over Fantasy Grounds to just take feedback and prioritize as they see fit.

I'm not telling you that you HAVE to do anything I say. I am saying that there's a better way to handle things, and if you feel like taking that on, that's great.

As before, when I pointed out that you had done things backwards, thus invalidating the work others had done, you spent how many messages telling me that you had done it because ...?

I. Do. Not. Care.

The feedback is provided so you can work on what makes sense to you after having read it. Not so you can tell me why you don't want to.

Samarex
September 20th, 2017, 05:04
Starfinder Conversion Ext v1.6
Revision Notes
1.6- Updated party sheet.
Main Tab-
-Added Stamina health bar
-Defence Section updated to SF with KAC/EAC
Skills Tab
-Updated to SF Skills.Character sheet main tab also had some changes. in the HP Frame. Added in a number box to place your total Stamina with a current block. and Resolve was moved down to the HP frame with a Home World text block replacing where the resolve was.

Samarex

Trenloe
September 20th, 2017, 05:58
Great work Samarex - thanks so much for your hard work in developing this extension and sharing with the community.

corwynn
September 20th, 2017, 07:18
Grabbed the new version. Will install it before we run tomorrow. If we have anything new I'll make sure you know.

corwynn
September 20th, 2017, 16:48
Issues:

1. There appears to be an issue with the Encumbrance system. I'm unable to edit the carrying capacity fields. The following error is thrown when I open up a character's inventory tab for the first time:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_inv.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'getSize' (a nil value)

2. Currently some skills are populating the Skills tab of the party sheet, others are not. (The first set, for example, are not currently populating.)

3. Not all skills are represented on the party sheet's skills tab.

4. It's not possible to populate the party sheet with new characters while the extension is active. I have to boot up the server with it turned off, add characters (by dragging them to the sheet), shut down, then enable it again. Only then can I boot a server that has the party sheet populated with the characters.

5. Attempting to attack via combat tracker throws the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:265: attempt to call field 'getEffectsBonus' (a nil value)

corwynn
September 20th, 2017, 17:09
So, I am not sure which version we used during Monday's session, but I have tried 1.3, 1.4, and 1.6 and been unable to get combat working. As such, I'm disabling the extension for today's session. I can't fathom what I am running which is different from Talen, be SOMETHING is clearly not playing nice. (FWIW, I shut down EVERY extension but the Starfinder Conversion in order to eliminate any conflicts. I know for sure that Talen is running at least custom decals and the Official Pathfinder Theme like I normally do, but I shut them down anyway—years working Technical Support and QA say always eliminate potential points of conflict when troubleshooting.)

Talen
September 20th, 2017, 17:19
You may be encountering a new issue related to yesterdays FG update that i did not have to deal with on monday. The update may have broken the extension until that is updated as well.

corwynn
September 20th, 2017, 17:34
Oh, was it yesterday? I thought it was Monday morning that the update had gone off. That may be breaking some things.

Samarex
September 21st, 2017, 04:27
I up dated to 3.3.2 last night before finishing the Party Sheet changes. I can't get any of these to repeat. (Also ran a Update check before testing)

@Talen Can you run a test and see if you get the same? Please.

@ Crowynn: Was your testing on a precreated Campaign if so Can you create a new campaign and test.
Past experience with campaigns and adding a new ext causes errors. Not often but sometimes.

Skills Noted. Will Add Culture [I missed that one] Profession is a skill that has to many variable Skills to add. other than those what ones you referring too?

Issues:

1. There appears to be an issue with the Encumbrance system. I'm unable to edit the carrying capacity fields. The following error is thrown when I open up a character's inventory tab for the first time:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_inv.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'getSize' (a nil value)

2. Currently some skills are populating the Skills tab of the party sheet, others are not. (The first set, for example, are not currently populating.)

3. Not all skills are represented on the party sheet's skills tab.

4. It's not possible to populate the party sheet with new characters while the extension is active. I have to boot up the server with it turned off, add characters (by dragging them to the sheet), shut down, then enable it again. Only then can I boot a server that has the party sheet populated with the characters.

5. Attempting to attack via combat tracker throws the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:265: attempt to call field 'getEffectsBonus' (a nil value)

Samarex
September 21st, 2017, 04:37
I up dated to 3.3.2 last night before finishing the Party Sheet changes. I can't get any of these to repeat. (Also ran a Update check before testing)

@Talen Can you run a test and see if you get the same? Please.

@ Crowynn: Was your testing on a precreated Campaign if so Can you create a new campaign and test.
Past experience with campaigns and adding a new ext causes errors. Not often but sometimes.

Skills Noted. Will Add Culture [I missed that one] Profession is a skill that has to many variable Skills to add. other than those what ones you referring too?

Ok I did get one to repeat and might get some more. I had the 3.5E rule-set un-zipped for searching so by defualt it used that rule set instead of the 3.3.2 updated rule set. So some of them are showing up I will try and see what I can do...

Samarex
September 21st, 2017, 06:54
Update.
Confirmed that it was the FG Update that broke the system.
I am working on fixes as we speak. I will get it out as fast as I can.

Russ

Samarex
September 21st, 2017, 11:15
Issues:

Encumbrance- I have not dug into this yet. It is on my list todo. 1- You cant edit them as they are prefilled according to characters STR. Its the same without the Ext. I plan to try and convert encumbrance to SF version. But currently I I was setting up the Equpment Module [Yes Im working on Talen's Core rule book to add in all Equipment, Armor and Weapons that will be Drag n Drop. With the Races and Classes auto Fill correct.] But I set them up with 1 Bulk = 10 lbs L =1 and figured for now we can use PF Encumbrance untill I can come up with something better.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_inv.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'getSize' (a nil value) Fixed
2. Currently some skills are populating the Skills tab of the party sheet, others are not. (The first set, for example, are not currently populating.) Fixed

3. Not all skills are represented on the party sheet's skills tab. Fixed
-Added Culture [Skill] the only one not in there is Profession there is just not enough room to fit them all in. 4. It's not possible to populate the party sheet with new characters while the extension is active. I have to boot up the server with it turned off, add characters (by dragging them to the sheet), shut down, then enable it again. Only then can I boot a server that has the party sheet populated with the characters. Can not repeat this. As long as Im on the Main Tab of the Party Sheet Characters Drop in just fine

5. Attempting to attack via combat tracker throws the following error: Fixed Had to switch out LUA files

Was also getting a error when rolling damage. It turned out to be in the Critical Damage changes. So I took it out for now. So make sure you set your options to Critical Confirm OFF.

Play testing would be appreciated!

Thank You
Version 2.0 Attached- Updated to FG 3.3.2

Yuki-God
September 21st, 2017, 23:46
so attacking works again after that update but looks like saves are broken now

Script Error: [string "fortitude"]:1: attempt to call field 'performSaveRoll' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "reflex"]:1: attempt to call field 'performSaveRoll' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "will"]:1: attempt to call field 'performSaveRoll' (a nil value)

Samarex
September 22nd, 2017, 03:25
so attacking works again after that update but looks like saves are broken now

Script Error: [string "fortitude"]:1: attempt to call field 'performSaveRoll' (a nil value) FIXED
Script Error: [string "reflex"]:1: attempt to call field 'performSaveRoll' (a nil value) FIXED
Script Error: [string "will"]:1: attempt to call field 'performSaveRoll' (a nil value) FIXED
Fixed above plus a couple other items found as I was trying things out. Everything seems to be working. I also connect as client and fixed some issues found during that.

Samarex
September 22nd, 2017, 14:32
Version 2.2 Encumbrance Changes

Converted Encumbrance over to SF- Note this is stage 1 Encumbrance adjustments to Speed and AC bonus need to be manually applied.
I will get them to auto apply but will be a little bit on it.

Russ

corwynn
September 22nd, 2017, 21:53
There's a number of things which affect encumbrance. I would probably leave adjustments manual rather than have to automate something that complex. But if you really want to, make sure that you check Dwarves, backpacks, feats, augments, etc.

Samarex
September 25th, 2017, 00:58
Sorry its been a while since last update. But been really busy with family life.
But here
Version 2.3.0 -Equipment System Update [Also including starting Equipment Module so you all can get a glimpse at whats coming.
Note- Some of the equipment are placeholders to create the Categories [i.e Hammers in melee weapons] They will change.

Also If you hit any of the buttons in the Items box twice you will see a issue of it trying to make two copies. This is a bug with 3.3.2 system. It does it with no ext so it not on my end.

Any Issues feedback accepted. [Also- if you test and everything is working ok Please let me know.]

Samarex
September 25th, 2017, 22:31
Good morning. Just a post as to what's still on the to do list.
Finish Equipment mod
Add char Theme drop in ability
Class/Race/Theme mod
Add auto apply of HP and stamina during char creation.

Just what I can think off right now.

Truwen
September 26th, 2017, 02:35
Good morning. Just a post as to what's still on the to do list.
Finish Equipment mod
Add char Theme drop in ability
Class/Race/Theme mod
Add auto apply of HP and stamina during char creation.

Just what I can think off right now.

Thanks for your hard work Samarex. I am prepping to run the AP this Friday. Your extensions and mods as well as the pointers from Trenloe will get some use for this first session!

Very much appreciated!

Samarex
September 26th, 2017, 02:53
Is the a corrections update printed for the Core Rule book?
This is in the book and on the SRD and don't look right.
Speed penalty and bulk just dont match right.
Golemforged Heavy Armor
Level I,II,IV,V Bulk 3 Speed -10
Level III Bulk 2 Speed -5
Should III match the rest.

Talen
September 26th, 2017, 10:35
I believe the crb is the official source until it is addressed on the paizo site. The srd currently out is by a 3rd party. There is a paizo faq for the crb at https://paizo.com/starfinder/faq#v5748eaic9vwi

Samarex
September 26th, 2017, 10:54
I believe the crb is the official source until it is addressed on the paizo site. The srd currently out is by a 3rd party. There is a paizo faq for the crb at https://paizo.com/starfinder/faq#v5748eaic9vwi

Yep I all ready looked there and its not addressed. So I guess until it is I need to set it to the CRB even tho it does not look right. and there are alot more that are the same.

Samarex
September 27th, 2017, 09:56
Yep I all ready looked there and its not addressed. So I guess until it is I need to set it to the CRB even tho it does not look right. and there are alot more that are the same.

I hope they look at there CRB and correct the tables. Weapons have the same issue. A group of weapons don't line up correct. I.E Swoop Hammer group in Adv Melee 2H.

Samarex
September 28th, 2017, 07:05
Equipment manual is coming along great. As soon as I get the Ammo put in when I get back. I will package it and send it out.
Armor, Melee/Ranged weapons, Tech equipment all put in. There is allot more to go in and I will continue to get it in.
But at least most the important stuff is input for those running games over the weekend.

Samarex
September 28th, 2017, 11:42
Good Evening All
Here is Verson 2.4- Minor changes to equipment table system.
Renamed to Starfinder Conversion [SFC], the reason for this is, modules that will require this extension will also have the [SFC] tag in the name. So you know what modules are compatible with the extension.
Also in including the Starfinder Equipment Book- A very large portion of the equipment is loaded in. there is still some more but the major stuff is there.
I will continue to work and get them in.
Enjoy.
Please report any issues or if All is well.
Thanks...

Talen
September 28th, 2017, 12:17
I wont have a chance to test until the weekend but thanks for all your work with this!

Salz78
September 29th, 2017, 00:27
Awesome! Will give it a try.

tsmpaul
September 29th, 2017, 05:00
Thanks for your work on this!

Samarex
September 29th, 2017, 05:24
OK want everyone's opinion. There is a section in equipment Magic, should this be visible to GM only or to players also?]

Samarex
September 29th, 2017, 05:37
Thanks for your work on this!

No problem I enjoy it.
I have noticed that some are getting the ext only. Info. you should also get the equipment book. If you try and use the equipment from Talen's Core rule book you will get some error's. There is some different formatting in items between the two. This is so Items drop in inventory correct. I will be updating the core rule book also when I get done with the equipment. I will most likely remove items from the core rule book, as its easier to control updating equipment if it a separate module. I already spoke with Talen about updaing his Modules so there is no issue there.
My next focus will be Class's, Races and Theme's.

Also to see the equipment Use the ITEM button on your sidebar. There is no Link in the module for items so you only need to load the module. No need to open library after that. The only links in the module are for the Legal stuff.

Talen
September 29th, 2017, 10:21
My vote would be for the magic to be open to the players. It removes a added dentification step if you dont want to use it and the players can always go to the pdfs to get the info if they wanted to citcumvent it anyway.

Samarex
September 29th, 2017, 14:17
Well it WAS going to be a good news post.
I spent most of the day inputting the rest of the equipment. Had it ALL done. I closed out to package the extension and equipment book. I realized I forgot to export the Equipment book, so I loaded back in and for some reason the system didnt save the campaign db when I left so the whole days work is gone....

Will have to do it all over again tomm....

Sorry guys.....

damned
September 29th, 2017, 15:46
The system saves every 5mins and if it cant the console pops up with a warning now (IIRC).

Moon Wizard
September 29th, 2017, 17:29
Definitely pop open the console next time you fire up FG, and try forcing a save to make sure everything is working. (/console and /save) If there aren't any errors in the console, then the basic saving should work.

A couple caveats:
* Avoid cloud storage on the FG data directory. For some reason, the cloud storage will revert or corrupt FG save files. We don't have any details as to what causes it, and no one has been able to recreate an exact scenario.
* If using a Mac, make sure to close the application my right clicking on the FG tabletop, and selecting the Exit option from the radial menu. If you click the red X on the Mac application header bar, it forces the application closed without allowing any of the cleanup to occur. This appears to be a limitation of the emulation wrappers, such as Wineskin.

Regards,
JPG

Samarex
September 30th, 2017, 00:56
The system saves every 5mins and if it cant the console pops up with a warning now (IIRC).

I think I know what happen, I dawned on me later last night. There was a second instant of the campaign open and minimized. I didn't know it was open. The console was open, and was showing the periodic saving. But FG also saves your campaign when you close it. So when I closed the second instance it saved it [That one had no data input for items. So I ended up with a empty Data for Items.
I will get it all restored better and re-enter the rest of the item data again...

Lesson Learned. By Book of Hard Knocks....

Samarex
September 30th, 2017, 09:29
Great News

"Starfinder Equipment Catalog" is complete.
-The only thing not included is Computers. I need to read up on them and come up with something for them, It looks detailed so I did not include them yet.
Attached is the equipment module and the updated extension. [Minor tweeks for for equipment tables]
Hope you all enjoy and let me know if there are any issues.

I went ahead and updated the Ext and Equipment Mod for Auto Update of EAC and KAC with armor worn, along with Phase Shied will add +1 EAC if Active[worn].
Added the Core rule book Mod with Items removed to allow for the book to be open to get Classes races and such without messing up the equipment tables and getting errors.

Samarex
September 30th, 2017, 10:37
Here is the Talen's Starfinder Core Rule book with the equipment section removed.
So you can load the CRB to get Races/Classes/Skills and all without the Equipment tables getting messed up and errors.

Samarex
September 30th, 2017, 11:38
Unless its need right away. I will push it out with some other changes.
I got EAC and KAC to auto update with Armor Worn. and The only one I can find so far in equipment besides armor is Phase Shield gives you +1 to EAC when active. That will work to.

Samarex
September 30th, 2017, 15:33
Next Stage Started.
Theme Drop in
Got Theme dropping. Just have to switch it to more like a Class instead of Race. But it's comming

Salz78
September 30th, 2017, 23:15
Thanks for all the hard work. I do have a question. When I was testing it out and making a character, I dragged a class onto the character sheet. It then asked me to select a "favored class" and then a "favored class bonus" I looked in the core rulebook but couldn't find anything about this. Just curious what the favored class thing is about?

Truwen
September 30th, 2017, 23:23
Favored class/bonus is a feature from Pathfinder. I wouldn't be surprised if this comes to Starfinder. At this point I am just ignoring it.

Samarex, the work you are doing to get this all in and working is amazing. Thank you so much for doing this stuff for us!

Samarex
October 1st, 2017, 00:48
Favored class/bonus is a feature from Pathfinder. I wouldn't be surprised if this comes to Starfinder. At this point I am just ignoring it.

Samarex, the work you are doing to get this all in and working is amazing. Thank you so much for doing this stuff for us!

Thanks.
I got the pop-up disabled So it wont ask anymore. I will get the Check box out of the Class Editor also so that there is no confusion.
Class, Race and Theme is what I am working now.
Themes- Im adding in Themes to the Sidebar with reactions alot like a Class does to allow Theme features to auto populate.

Once I get that I will Clean up the Class Race Entries in the CRB mod.

Is anyone good with Graphics. I would really like to change out the Sidebar Buttons, but I don't have a good Graphics editor to create them.

Samarex
October 1st, 2017, 06:36
Today's update.
I got Theme's Working. We can Drop in a Theme and the Abilities page now has a Theme Abilities Box.
I am having a hard time getting them to Auto Populate as I have to figure out how to tie it to Class leveling.
But as of right now We can drop the Theme in and you can Drag what abilities you have the level for over to Character sheet.

Samarex
October 1st, 2017, 12:32
System Update Version 3.2 [ Themes ]

First - I have disabled the Favored Class so you wont see pop-up any more and the Click circle is removed from the Class editor.

Finished Themes Update [Basic]
Meaning I got the Themes input into the Core Rulebook, and If you open the Library from your sidebar [Either select All or at the top you will find Theme. Activate it and you will now have a Theme Button on your Sidebar. This will Open Themes List.
These can be Dropped right into the Theme Box on your Character sheet Main Tab.
Then on the Abilities Tab the Theme Features can be Dragged into the Theme Feature Box.

For now we will have to manually drag them in and update are Ability score. Im having trouble getting them to Auto Populate like Class Features do. It a little more detailed lua that I'm not that advanced in so going to take a little time for me to figure it out. But wanted the Basics there for now.

Salz78
October 2nd, 2017, 01:04
Thanks for the updates. Love this! It appears (and you may know this), that dragging a class onto the character sheet does not update the save bonuses.

Samarex
October 2nd, 2017, 02:06
Thanks for the updates. Love this! It appears (and you may know this), that dragging a class onto the character sheet does not update the save bonuses.

Its on my list to do to update Rule Book formatting for both Classes and Races, to try and get more auto populate added.

Samarex
October 2nd, 2017, 08:46
System Update Version 3.3 [ Feats and Boons ]

All Feats and Boons are loaded into the Core Rule Book.
Adjusted Feats Sidebar List Box to have Buttons to give a Filtered Tables for General/Combat and Boons
The Table list Feat Name and Prerequisites
Note Weapon and Armor Proficiency Feat will drop in the Feats section. If we make them drop in Proficiency Block when you open them its Blank. This happen even without the ext and using F/G's Pathfinder Core rule book mod. You can drop the feat in either section, but Only the Feat section will show the information.

Erin Righ
October 2nd, 2017, 18:01
Just want to say, Russ, you are amasing for doing this. Do you have a Patreon or Paypal that people could donate to you on? I am a big believer in "Prove it" and I think a couple Dollars/Pesos/Dinars/Pounds says, "Thank you" to a guys hard work much more than a few Keystrokes.

Samarex
October 2nd, 2017, 21:46
Just want to say, Russ, you are amasing for doing this. Do you have a Patreon or Paypal that people could donate to you on? I am a big believer in "Prove it" and I think a couple Dollars/Pesos/Dinars/Pounds says, "Thank you" to a guys hard work much more than a few Keystrokes.

Thanks for the offer, but for me the few key strokes saying Thank you is reward enough to me. I love doing this type of stuff.
Again Thanks

Erin Righ
October 2nd, 2017, 22:05
Thanks for the offer, but for me the few key strokes saying Thank you is reward enough to me. I love doing this type of stuff.
Again Thanks

I hear ya So Thhhhhhhaaaaaaaannnnnkkkkk YYYYYYYYooooouuuu (a few extra keystrokes)

Samarex
October 2nd, 2017, 22:27
OK looking for peoples thoughts.
While I have been doing these update, one part has been running in the background of my head. How to do HP and Stamina auto populate.
I am sure with some coding I can get it to do it thru levels with no problem. But character creation poses a issue. Since the system has you adjust you final 10 points after dropping in your Race Class and Theme. I can't think of a way to apply Con bonus correctly. I'm afraid players won't know what was applied already and enter wring amounts.
So my thoughts are
Auto populate HP ( con does not affect)
And have players Manually enter Stamina after final ability scores are adjusted.
Then level increase will auto populate both.( since con will be set to add to Stamina increase.)

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2017, 01:23
So my thoughts are
Auto populate HP ( con does not affect)
And have players Manually enter Stamina after final ability scores are adjusted.
Then level increase will auto populate both.( since con will be set to add to Stamina increase.)
Have a button or right-click menu in the class and level sub-window that does the calculations based off current classes, levels and abilities? If you're doing some level of automation you'd need to do most of this code for when abilities change and retroactively increase previous level HP and Stamina.

Samarex
October 3rd, 2017, 21:57
OK made notes during the gaming session on issues that needed looked at.
The major one was encumbrance and critical hits.
Encumbrance I got a way figured out.
The equipment like backpacks coded and worked, power armor gave me a hard time.
First I moved Armor chk to the combat tab.to make room and it made more since to be there.
I've added a box in encumbrance for Str Adjustment. This will allow you to external the amount of Str items increase it and it adds then it and your Str are added to cal your CC numbers.
For power armor I'm working on when you equip one it changes your Str bonus number to the power armors value and makes CC Str Calculate using the Armors Str without adding in the Str adj number. ( I believe you should not get those bonuses if wearing Power Armor) please correct me if I wrong.
But it got late so will continue later. And get it coded in.

Samarex
October 3rd, 2017, 22:14
Then I will figure out how to get the Str Adjustment number to auto update when equipment of that type is equipped. I don't want to leave it manual because I know I forget when equipping and unequipping item to adjust things like that, so if they can be automated its less the players have to worry about.
@Talen please send a reply on what your looking for as far as the critical hit goes.

Talen
October 3rd, 2017, 23:07
The critical hit request related to adding a critical effect, even if manually. .. for example when a crit leads to a 1d4 burn effect.

Samarex
October 3rd, 2017, 23:25
The critical hit request related to adding a critical effect, even if manually. .. for example when a crit leads to a 1d4 burn effect.

Ok I got a Idea, going to see if I can take a system that was put in the ADnD2e ruleset that added a affects tab to item's. this allowed effects to be coded into equipment and applied either auto of manual when the needed to be. Think it will work since the Critical's for Starfinder are mostly just effects.

Also, after the last post's I made [done on cell phone] I have logged in and updated FG to. 3.3.3 , there changes to Encumbrance will work great for us with some changes. So going to recode some stuff in Inventory so I get there newest code in.

Salz78
October 4th, 2017, 01:05
Is there a way to give my players access to the items? When they lick the "Items" icon, they get this:

Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupedlist.lua"]:187: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Samarex
October 4th, 2017, 03:45
Is there a way to give my players access to the items? When they lick the "Items" icon, they get this:

Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupedlist.lua"]:187: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Make sure you have the Equipment module loaded.
That error pops up if there is no items to load. it does it in standard PF also....

For your Players ... Open your Library Module Activation and make sure the equipment mod has a green check mark, if its not there one in the lower left corner. Drag it to the Equipment module and now they will see it in there library and they open it.

Samarex
October 4th, 2017, 06:17
Dis reguard. I miss read a stat...I get it redone....

corwynn
October 4th, 2017, 20:29
RE: Encumbrance & how Speed relates
pg93—quick movement
pg157—fleet
pg274—encumbered, fatigued, and exhausted
pg415—weakened
pg506—slow but steady

there are other things which tie in, but those are the biggest ones outside of the packs and power armor...

Samarex
October 5th, 2017, 06:54
Starfinder Conversion Update

3.5 Encumbrance Rework-

***** READ WARNING BEFORE APPLYING THIS UPDATE*******

Encumbrance now has the Editor. 3 Slots These slots adjust different aspects of Carrying Capasity(CC) and Strength(Str).
--(Maginfy Glass] Opens Encumbrance Editor [Thank you FG was in process of trying to do this when update 3.3.3 posted]
--[Item] Entry is for Items worn that give a CC Adjustment to Str [CC Only effected]
--[Armor] Auto Populated with Str Value of Powered Armor when you equip. (This also disables adding in the [Item] value in CC.)
--[Other] Entry to add to CC value for misc. issues that have not been addressed.
---Still to do will be [Item] Auto populate for list of worn items in inventory that give a Str bonus to CC.
Powered Armor- When putting on powered armor your Str Value is increased or decreased to the Str value of the armor. This will also change your CC values to your new Str value.
--[Item] bonus is disabled since your wearing power armor. [My interpation of the rule, this could change if I am corrected.]
Ability Score Section- Added a Editor Box to enter Base Scores at character creation and other entries.
--(Maginfy Glass] Opens Editor for Ability Editor
-- Entry for Base Ability Score. [This is also where you add to your Score for Ability Score increase during Leveling.]
--[Mod] Entry for misc items that change your ability score.
--[Enc] Autopopulated by Inventory system [Currentlly Powered Armor (Str) , this could be more in the furture.]

[B]*****WARNING*****
When you open a Character for the first time with this update, the Characters Ability Scrores will be set to Defualt [10], this is due to the new format of Ability scores.
What to Do before Appling Update.
Game Masters-
- [Suggestion] Back-up Campaigns and Current extension your running. [incase Major Bug I have not seen is found you can revert back to this]
- Before you apply this update. Open your Starfinder Campains and Record ALL Characters Un Adjusted Ability Scores.
This should be the only thing affected.
-Apply Updated Extension
-Open Character Sheet
Main Tab
-Go to Ability Score Editor. Input there recorded ability scores under Base.
. Inventory Tab
-Open Editor and enter bonus for [Items] if the characer has items like backpacks.
-If Character has powered armor just cycle it being equipped. this will update it.
--- Also if Items are attached to the armor put the item in the armors location i.e Battle Suit w/ Titan Shield upgrade [Put Battle Suit in the location of the Titan shield and when you equip and un-equip the Battle Suit the Shied will do the same.
Everything else should auto-populate.

Starfinder Equipment Catalog Update
-Adjusted Battle Armor to work right with SCF Update 3.5

Samarex
October 5th, 2017, 08:13
@Talen your issue is next.

Samarex
October 6th, 2017, 05:47
Working on being able to apply a weapons Critical hit Damage Or Effect.
Getting there little at a time.

Got it to be able to add a Critical Damage to the weapon. [Just got to find where to make it roll it. It keeps rolling the normal damage.]
The Effect Button under the items name, I hope to get it to apply a effect [The effect will also be added to the Weapon].

Samarex
October 8th, 2017, 10:56
Good Evening All.
Just letting you all know whats being worked on. Yesterday I worked on Effects System but got it messed up and lost track of things. So this morning I decide I would just reset and go at it again. But I had a Idea for something that came up in this weeks play session.
So
- Characters [HP Max] and now [HP Curr] instead of Wounds.
- The Combat Tracker still shows wounds as its going to be alot more to look into for NPCs also...
- HP Curr will Not go below 0 and wounds on CT will not got higher than HP Max.
- Damage reporting now reports correct status when HP's hit 0 including Massive Damage Report. [as seen in the Attachment]
- A Overnight Rest restores 1 HP/Level and resets your Current Stamina and Resolve to Max.
- A Short Rest restores your Stamina to Max.
This is not released yet just a FYI....

Samarex
October 9th, 2017, 00:36
3.5.1 Minor Updates

Minor Bugs and Updates:
- (Overnight Rest) now Restores 1 HP/Level and resets your Current Stamina, and Resolve to Max.
- (Short Rest) now Restores your Current Stamina. (known bug short rest does not do this from Mini Sheet)
- Characters [HP Max] and now [HP Curr] instead of Wounds.
* The Combat Tracker still shows wounds as its going to be alot more to look into for NPCs also...
- HP Curr will Not go below 0 and wounds on CT will not got higher than HP Max.
- Damage reporting now reports correct status when HP's hit 0 including Massive Damage Report.
- Ability Score Editor now has [Key Ability] cyclier to set your Key Ability. (used to calculate your Resolve)

Wanted to get this pushed out.

Samarex
October 9th, 2017, 01:20
In Case anyone didn't know inside the extension zip is a Revision Text files listing the revision's and what each changed.

corwynn
October 9th, 2017, 07:41
Are the rests global or per character? I ask because particularly in the case of the short rest, sometimes you decide NOT to burn the resolve to regain stamina. (About half the time I've had some minor stamina damage that I didn't bother with and the other half I've wanted to.)

Samarex
October 9th, 2017, 08:28
Are the rests global or per character? I ask because particularly in the case of the short rest, sometimes you decide NOT to burn the resolve to regain stamina. (About half the time I've had some minor stamina damage that I didn't bother with and the other half I've wanted to.)

Per Character,
So if the Short Rest is done by a Player right clicking on his Character Sheet and doing short rest then Stamina is restored
If the GM uses CT Menu and does a Short rest then it just states in the Chat "Party taking short rest" nobody's stamina recovers.
If the GM does a Overnight then Stamina HP and Resolve recover.

So Overnight would be Global

Samarex
October 9th, 2017, 08:44
Plus a Short rest done by Player does not subtract the Resolve. To Recover Stamina using resolve the Player would Click his Resolve [Notifying the GM he is using s Resolve] then Do a Short Rest [That would recover his Stamina.]

If preferred I could add a Selection on the Characters Rest Radial Menu to Have
1 Overnight Rest [Recovers HP (1 point/Level) Restores Stamina and Resolve to Full].
2 Short Rest Only [Just Reports to Chat X taking short rest] Nothing is modified.
3 Short Rest Recover. [ Reports x using Resolve to recover Stamina] This would Restore Stamina and Auto subtract 1 Resolve].

corwynn
October 9th, 2017, 09:13
Thanks for clarification.

Samarex
October 9th, 2017, 13:34
- Ability Score Editor now has [Key Ability] cyclier to set your Key Ability. (used to calculate your Resolve)

Playing with a Creating a Character and while reading the Feats I realized a modifier slot needs to be added for Resolve.

corwynn
October 10th, 2017, 04:13
As discussed during tonight's session, we're having issues with the changes to HP/wounds. Stability is most important for upcoming games. My next session is in about 42 hours.

Samarex
October 10th, 2017, 04:32
As discussed during tonight's session, we're having issues with the changes to HP/wounds. Stability is most important for upcoming games. My next session is in about 42 hours.

Sorry for the Issues today. But I will get it fixed as fast as I can.

NOTICE: Everyone that updated to 3.5.1
3.5.1 introduced a problem with the HP system.
I have removed it from the Forum
You can revert back to 3.5 and should be OK.

I am working hard on fixing the problems with 3.5.1 I will get it coded to work correct with all the same options.

Sorry for the Issues....

Talen
October 10th, 2017, 04:34
Samarex, you can see what was happening on my side of the table here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181042489
I didnt see any error logs pop up after you suggested posting into notes -but you can see it in the twitch stream once we get into combat.

corwynn
October 10th, 2017, 07:37
Here's the pregens: level 1 and level 4 versions, with small images to boot. Redistributed under Paizo's CUP. (Full text in the zip.)

Prep to use:
1. drop the images in a folder inside your portraits directory
2. run a character import on each of the xml files
3. select the portrait images for the characters
4. grab ownership of the characters

For play:
1. release the characters you need for the scenario
2. have your players select the appropriate characters

Cleanup:
1. wipe characters after reporting
2. re-import any wiped characters
3. reset images and ownership as above

Enjoy!

Samarex
October 10th, 2017, 12:50
Getting a Console Error [Color is Org]
Runtime Notice: Reloading ruleset

Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (charsheet.id-00003.hp.wounds)

Not sure what this means..

Once I get this Cleared, Looks like issues from 3.5.1 test run this morning are are taken care of....

Samarex
October 10th, 2017, 13:06
Here's the pregens: level 1 and level 4 versions, with small images to boot. Redistributed under Paizo's CUP. (Full text in the zip.)

Enjoy!

Very nice job looks like everything imported correctly....
I will update Core Rule book Classes using this same format.

Samarex
October 10th, 2017, 15:20
Getting a Console Error [Color is Org]
Runtime Notice: Reloading ruleset

Script Warning: setValue: Recursive node event or call terminated (charsheet.id-00003.hp.wounds)

Not sure what this means..

Once I get this Cleared, Looks like issues from 3.5.1 test run this morning are are taken care of....

Found it.....

Samarex
October 11th, 2017, 00:01
Good Luck at FG-Con
Let me know haow it goes.....

Samarex
October 11th, 2017, 02:09
Note to GM's Using Extension at FG-Con

First Items that deal Nonlethal are not coded to do nonlethal. [Add nonlethal to the Type Damage and the damage will record as nonlethal damage.]

Nonlethal Damage is not removing from Stamina first as it should. So might need to do some manual adjusting for this.

I will work on the process to get it correct.

Samarex
October 11th, 2017, 12:55
3.6.2 is still in work and I won't release until we confirm HP system is stable again. in 3.6.1
Just wanted to give you a update on whats coming.
Features.
This will finish of HP system for now.
- Added [Mod] box. To allow adjustment of resolve by Items or Feats I.E (Extra Resolve) feat.
- Added Buttons for most used Resolve options.
If HP and Resolve Point Pool requirement are not meet the button id not clickable.
---[STAB] This will allow the player to Stabilize (Cost Total 1/4 Max Resolve) Your Resolve is subtracted and [stable] effect applied to char.
---[STAM] Will Notify via Chat that Character wants to take a 10 min rest and spend resolve to recover
Stamina. [If GM declares the 10 min rest was uninterrupted the GM can apply a Short rest to the
char. This will recover his Stamina to max and subtract 1 resolve.
---[SinF] Stay in the Fight. As long as character has enough Resolve and his HP are at 0 the player can
select this button. It will check to make sure the character has the Stable Effect.
If not it reports [Stay in Fight] (Char) Failed [NOT STABLE].
If he does it reports [Stay in Fight] (Char) is using a Resolve.
The character's Curr HPs are set to 1, Stable Effect Removed, and Resolve subtracted.
--- The Resolve Box is still clickable to report (Char) spending a Resolve Point. [For what ever they need].

Will add more as I wait for the results of 3.6.1 stability..

Lawlesslisa
October 11th, 2017, 20:52
I am no longer seeing the CGEN (Ken L's creature parser https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34199-CreatureGen-Extension-Import-Stat-blocks-on-the-fly-with-populated-spells) button on the NPCs menu.

I know that button was present and I could use his parser before the 3.5 Starfinder Conversion update. After going back and installing previous versions of Starfinder Conversion I can once again see the CGEN button on NPCs at the 2.1 edition.

The CGEN parser to input new NPCs was pretty important to me. Will it be possible for that to be present again in 3.5 and forward or would I need to load a previous Starfinder Conversion edition to get it to work?

Talen
October 11th, 2017, 23:06
FWIW, I second Lawlesslisa's request - using the CGEN extension is invaluable in converting scenarios.

Talen
October 11th, 2017, 23:46
The good news is that there appears to be a much simpler fix.
1. Load your campaign creation as normal with all the extensions you normally use except the SF Conversion extension.
2. Create Your NPC's.
3. Close Fantasy Grounds.
4. Load your campaign with the SF Conversion extension.
5. Continue with your conversion and play as normal.

Samarex
October 12th, 2017, 00:38
FWIW, I second Lawlesslisa's request - using the CGEN extension is invaluable in converting scenarios.

I have found the issue and also found a fix for it. I have sent the fix request to Ken.
Currently his ext loads then mine. the button add section is being over written. I dont know where but if we just change the load order of extension to make his load after mine everything is fine.

If you open his extension.xml in the main dir of his ext and add <loadorder>99</loadorder> so that it looks like this.

<properties>
<name>Creature Gen</name>
<version>1</version>

<author>Ken L.</author>
<description>PRD and D20PFSRD stat block import tool</description>
<loadorder>99</loadorder>
<ruleset>
<name>PFRPG</name>
</ruleset>
</properties>
Save and restart your Fantasy Grounds. [Dont /reload shut down and restart it]

His will load last and you will have the button.

Lawlesslisa
October 12th, 2017, 00:56
Thanks, Samarex

Samarex
October 12th, 2017, 13:24
Ok I got a Question, I am working on the Nonlethal damage not taking off Stamina. I got that worked out, Stamina drops first then we start doing NL damage.
Now Pathfinder adds up your NL damage until you reach your HP and then you are Status "unconscious", if there was any remaining damage after you reached you HP value it goes toward wounds.
Starfinder......
From the Rules.
Dealing Nonlethal Damage
Most attacks that deal nonlethal damage work like any other
attacks, and they deal damage to your Stamina Points or Hit
Points as normal. However, when nonlethal damage would
reduce you to 0 or fewer Hit Points, you are reduced to exactly
0 HP and fall unconscious, but you are stable instead of dying.

So after taking a look at a Character sheet while I was typing this I see there is no Nonlethal spot.
So I should have the Curr Hit points reduce with nonlethal damage until 0 and report unconscious and have the stable effect applied. Correct?

Moon Wizard
October 12th, 2017, 17:10
That was my interpretation as well.

JPG

Samarex
October 13th, 2017, 01:03
That was my interpretation as well.

JPG

Thanks Moon.
Ok got Nonlethal removing Stamina then HP. now to find where it reports. The fun part is going to be having it decide if the final blow to take you to 0 was done by Lethal [Status Unconscious and Dying] or Nonlethal. [Status Unconscious and Stable].

And really need to figure out how to Apply a effect to the CT. I got it applying "Stable" when you use resolve to Stabilize. but Im cheating kinda just had it to a Stabilization Roll and changed it to always pass [I could not figure it out.] but I what to have other effects apply like "Unconscious" and "Dying" so need to figure it out.

Samarex
October 13th, 2017, 02:17
Thanks Moon.
Ok got Nonlethal removing Stamina then HP. now to find where it reports. The fun part is going to be having it decide if the final blow to take you to 0 was done by Lethal [Status Unconscious and Dying] or Nonlethal. [Status Unconscious and Stable].

Ok Question is
if a Character starts with 10 hp and takes 9 point NONLETHAL damage then he Takes 1 point of LETHAL damage is his status
[Status Unconscious and Dying] or [Status Unconscious and Stable]

if a Character starts with 10 hp and takes 9 point NONLETHAL damage then he Takes 2 points of LETHAL damage is his status
[Status Unconscious and Dying] or [Status Unconscious and Stable]

or is it that if he has any NONLETHAL damage when he hits 0 no matter what the final blow was lethal or nonlethal his status is
[Status Unconscious and Stable]

Moon Wizard
October 13th, 2017, 02:29
My interpretation at the time was that the damage was treated exactly the same, unless the damage brought the character to zero hp. It didn’t seem like non lethal was tracked separately. It goes with the simple theme of the rules. Of course, I only scanned the rules last month, so it would be worth getting another opinion. :)

JPG

Samarex
October 13th, 2017, 02:34
My interpretation at the time was that the damage was treated exactly the same, unless the damage brought the character to zero hp. It didn’t seem like non lethal was tracked separately. It goes with the simple theme of the rules. Of course, I only scanned the rules last month, so it would be worth getting another opinion. :)

JPG

That's what I read. To me it seems to only matter what the final blow is.
If Lethal then [Dying] if Nonlethal then is [Stable].

Truwen
October 13th, 2017, 02:47
I will chime in.
Quotes for reference:

"Dealing Nonlethal Damage
Points as normal. However, when nonlethal damage would
reduce you to 0 or fewer Hit Points, you are reduced to exactly
0 HP and fall unconscious, but you are stable instead of dying."

It would seem based on this that nonlethal damage does damage normally, the only difference is when you are reduced to 0 hit points. You are then knocked out; unconscious, but stable.

As a third opinion, it seems we are all in agreement as to our interpretation of the rule.

Again Sam, you're doing an amazing job putting this all together. I keep a tab open just to watch your progress and read every note you make here. You're awesome!

Samarex
October 13th, 2017, 03:11
Again Sam, you're doing an amazing job putting this all together. I keep a tab open just to watch your progress and read every note you make here. You're awesome!

Thanks Truwen

Samarex
October 13th, 2017, 10:13
Nonlethal Damage.
Ok hears a good one. I know I keep comparing Starfinder Rules to Pathfinder Rules, but I have to since we are using it as the Base. So when things don't do whats expected according to SF rules I have to compare the rules to see what to do.

So PF Nonlethal damage does not subtract any Temp Damage.
Starfinder
Dealing Nonlethal Damage
Points as normal.
This doe not call out Temp HP so does it work the same as PF. Nonlethal does not go against Temp HP?

Samarex
October 13th, 2017, 10:21
I have found the issue and also found a fix for it. I have sent the fix request to Ken.
Currently his ext loads then mine. the button add section is being over written. I dont know where but if we just change the load order of extension to make his load after mine everything is fine.

If you open his extension.xml in the main dir of his ext and add <loadorder>99</loadorder> so that it looks like this.

<properties>
<name>Creature Gen</name>
<version>1</version>

<author>Ken L.</author>
<description>PRD and D20PFSRD stat block import tool</description>
<loadorder>99</loadorder>
<ruleset>
<name>PFRPG</name>
</ruleset>
</properties>
Save and restart your Fantasy Grounds. [Dont /reload shut down and restart it]

His will load last and you will have the button.

Ok this is a temp fix only until I can get my code correct as not to effect his. It is my end and the way that I did some things that caused it.

Samarex
October 13th, 2017, 14:36
Good Evening just wanted to post a Status update on 3.6.2

3.6.2 Resolve and Nonlethal Damage Systems

Resolve System Upgrade.
- Added [Mod] box. To allow adjustment of resolve by Items or Feats I.E (Extra Resolve) feat.
- Added Buttons for most used Resolve options.
If HP and Resolve Point Pool requirement are not meet the button id not clicklable.
---[STAB] This will allow the player to Stabilize (Cost Total 1/4 Max Resolve) Your Resolve is subtracted and [stable] effect applied to char.
---[STAM] Will Notify via Chat that Character wants to take a 10min rest and spend resolve to recover Stamina. [SinF][/B] Stay in the Fight. As long as character has enough Resolve and his HP are at 0 the player can setect this button. I check to make sure the character has the Stable Effect. If not it reports [Stay in Fight] (Char) Failed [NOT STABLE]. If he does it reports [Stay in Fight] (Char) is using a Resolve. The Character's Curr HPs are set to 1, Stable Effect Removed, and Resolve subtracted.
Nonlethal Damage
-Nonlethal damage system fixed.
-NL damage now reduces Stamina then HP.
Damage Reporting System
Upgraded reporting of [Status] when a Character reaches 0 HP.
[Types of Damage Reported]
-If Characters damage is reduced 0 and remaining damage equals or exceeds his Max HP then
[Status] Massive Damage [DEAD]
-If Characters damage is reduced 0 and remaining damage is less than Max HP then depending on Type of damage that took the character to 0 HP
-All [Lethal] [Status] Unconscious and Dying.
-All [Nonlethal] [Status] Unconscious and Stable.
-Final Blow [Lethal] Unconscious and Dying.
-Final Blow [Nonlethal] Unconscious and Stable.
[[I]Note: Still got to get the effects to apply to Character on the Combat Tracker]
Other Minor Bugs
-Fixed Party Sheet Bug. Party saves can be rolled now.

corwynn
October 13th, 2017, 14:50
Non Lethal will hit temp first, as with regular damage. It should work the same in Pathfinder. If the ruleset doesn't do it, it's a bug IMO.

Samarex
October 13th, 2017, 15:04
Non Lethal will hit temp first, as with regular damage. It should work the same in Pathfinder. If the ruleset doesn't do it, it's a bug IMO.
Pathfinder does not subtract the temp HP because you don't subtract your HP's with nonlethal but since Starfinder does then I think your right and Temp HP should come off first. I will fix that tomm...

Just FYI [From Pathfinder Core RB.
Dealing Nonlethal Damage: Certain attacks deal
nonlethal damage. Other effects, such as heat or being
exhausted, also deal nonlethal damage. When you take
nonlethal damage, keep a running total of how much
you’ve accumulated. Do not deduct the nonlethal
damage number from your current hit points. It is not
“real” damage. Instead, when your nonlethal damage
equals your current hit points, you’re staggered (see
below), and when it exceeds your current hit points, you
fall unconscious.

Samarex
October 13th, 2017, 23:56
OK bad news. We are going to have to stick with 3.5 for now. The Christmas tree bug poped up again during FG Con session. So I have to go in and rewrite the HP system and take wounds completely out.
This will take some time...
Sorry all.

Samarex
October 14th, 2017, 11:43
OK bad news. We are going to have to stick with 3.5 for now. The Christmas tree bug poped up again during FG Con session. So I have to go in and rewrite the HP system and take wounds completely out.
This will take some time...
Sorry all.

Starfinder Conversion 3.5
Here is Version 3.5
I fixed a couple Label issues [item and Resolve]

Plus now when importing characters from older rule sets the new Ability Score System introduced in 3.5 now Auto Updates when you import. it reads the ability scores and writes the base score for you. so no need to do it anymore.

I will get to work on getting 3.6 stable with all its features included, and get it out as soon as I can.
Sorry for the drop back but I think its best thing to do.

File has been moved to new thread
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40667-Starfinder-Conversion-Extension-for-PFRPG&p=359977#post359977

corwynn
October 14th, 2017, 17:12
Thanks Russ. I'll be using this one now.

corwynn
October 14th, 2017, 17:20
The present stable version is the last one.

Samarex
October 15th, 2017, 00:57
So what is the latest and all that is needed? Reason is that I am looking through this thread and see multiple ones improved as the thread gets longer...

I have moved this to its own Thread
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40667-Starfinder-Conversion-Extension-for-PFRPG&p=359977&viewfull=1#post359977

The First post will contain the latest version and modules compatible with ruleset.

Samarex
October 26th, 2017, 01:09
Revision 3.5.1 SFC extension and Starfinder Core Rules 2.0 have been released, they can be found here
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40667-Starfinder-Conversion-Extension-for-PFRPG&p=359977&viewfull=1#post359977

In case anyone missed earlier post of the Thread being moved.

Regards
RJC