PDA

View Full Version : How to Upgrade old "Lite" to "Ultimate" License

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 10th, 2017, 19:30
Hi everyone, I'm just hanging around here in the forums every other FGCon, but FG grew on me, so much that I'd like to DM a Campaign for a friend of mine.

Problem is, I bought a "Lite" or "Player" License long ago, which I'm not allowed to create an own campaign with. I know I could upgrade to a "Full" License through a button on the FG surface, but I'm wondering if I should probably get "Ultimate" License to make it possible for more friends to join later on without them requiring to buy a license on their own. Also, I'd like be able to invite newbies to my games to hopefully get a group of friends together at some point.

The big question is: If I decide to go Ultimate, do I have to upgrade to "Full" first and "Ultimate" next, or can I just upgrade to Ultimate right away and how (maybe not possible)?
When I click on the "Settings" Button in the Launcher, I see my license key and a free row to put an upgrade key in. That's 2 rows for possibly 3 keys (Lite,Fulland Ultimate), which is why I'm worried and in need of some proficient advice.

Also, What are the limits of a "Demo-Campaign" that I could host with my current license?

Erin Righ
August 10th, 2017, 19:38
Hey Ben, you should be able to simply purchase a Full or Ultimate licence and use it. It is linked to the Smiteworks account, not the program itself so you will have access to all your paid and dloaded content.

No one can tell you which your going to need, full or ultimate, but if you are into options for players, ultimate is the way to go, and you will get a discount on Unity when it arrives.

You do not have to upgrade in stages, just buy the one you want. Put in your full or ultimate key and leave the lite one blank

You cannot host with a demo campaign it is just for practice

hope this helps

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 10th, 2017, 19:47
Thanks, Erin. That's not quite what I needed though. I'm just wondering if I could actually upgrade instead of buying a whole new license. Just like I could update "Lite" to "Full" by paying additional 19 $ instead of buying a "Full/Standard" license for 39 $. What on earth is Unity? You think I'll be discounted automatically because the system can tell that I already own another license?

Erin Righ
August 10th, 2017, 19:54
I'll leave the upgrade thing to the pros but I recommend that you contact them at [email protected] and ask, they are really good about getting back to you.

Unity is the new platform they are working on for Fantasy Grounds, better everything, graphics and mapping, networking, cross-platform, name it. They are talking about giving a discount to Ultimate licence holders when the upgrade happens.

Sorry if I confused you

pindercarl
August 10th, 2017, 19:56
Send an e-mail to [email protected] and you should be able to get the answers you need. Erin is referring to the next version of Fantasy Grounds that is in development using the Unity engine. It frequently referred to in the forums as Fantasy Grounds Unity, or FGU. Doug has mentioned upgrade pricing for FGU when released that may be linked to the current license. No release date has been set and there is no announced policy on upgrades to that version when it releases.

Erin Righ
August 10th, 2017, 19:58
Thanks Carl

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 10th, 2017, 20:05
Thanks to both of you!
I've sent my request to the support.

Nylanfs
August 10th, 2017, 20:08
AFAIK to get the discount from your old Player "Lite" license you need to upgrade to Full, and then can upgrade to Ultimate.

Also note that I believe the only way to upgrade to Full is the link in the program.

Dragonmaster_Ben
August 11th, 2017, 09:21
That's exactly the answer I've got from the support as well. So again for anybody having the same question and finding this thread in the future:
1. Upgrade to Full per Launcher BUtton and add 2nd key to Settings ($19)
2. Upgrade to Ultimate, replace 1st and 2nd Keyby the 3rd key ($110)

Xero Kane
November 9th, 2017, 01:02
Where is the link to the upgrade?

Moon Wizard
November 9th, 2017, 01:18
It’s on the Launch screen as a button after you enter your license key in the Settings.

Regards,
JPG

Xero Kane
November 9th, 2017, 04:21
It’s on the Launch screen as a button after you enter your license key in the Settings.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for the pointer. For whatever reason the original link didn't work right, but Support got it straightened out for me. Thanks again though:)

Erin Righ
November 9th, 2017, 19:00
and welcome to the forums