PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds crashes my whole computer at random intervals

stygianmist
August 6th, 2017, 18:56
I'm taking part in a Pathfinder game, but have been having a problem with my computer crashing occasionally when I try to do certain things in Fantasy Grounds.

Most often this happens when I'm moving around or resizing windows, but I can't seem to see any connection beyond that. The first night I played my whole computer just quit without warning (no slowdown, no error messages, etc) twice. The next week it didn't crash at all, and this week was the same as the first.

I'm running FG from a Toshiba Sattelite with an Intel Celeron 2.16 GHz processor and 4 GB of RAM. My OS is Windows 10, 64-bit version. Nothing else but FG crashes my computer like this.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2017, 19:05
A similar issue has been reported before and it was related to graphics card issues. Try updating your graphics card driver and also disable antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering in your graphics card advanced settings (probably an application).

Also, when you're running FG, have Windows task manager open and check the memory use of FantasyGrounds.exe - if this ever gets about 3GB then this might also be causing the issue, although it rarely causes a complete computer restart (if that's what's happening?)