PDA

View Full Version : New, Demo User, LFG for learning and...

Whiskan
August 5th, 2017, 04:15
Hey, everyone!

I'm completely new to FG, and fairly new to DND. I've played a bit with some buds on paper, but games are too infrequent. I'm thinking about picking up FG, but I'd like to play the demo a bit before I decide. Is anyone hosting a game I could join in the next few days? I'm from Ontario, Canada (Eastern Time Zone, UTC-05:00).

timdog88
August 5th, 2017, 14:37
I'm running a game next saturday the 12th at 830 pm eastern. It's not D&D, it's savage worlds, but if you wanna check it out, let me know

Whiskan
August 5th, 2017, 23:19
I'm running a game next saturday the 12th at 830 pm eastern. It's not D&D, it's savage worlds, but if you wanna check it out, let me know

That's awesome! I'm completely unfamiliar with Savage worlds, but I'd be willing to give it a shot if you don't mind me learning as I go. I have downloaded the free "Test Drive" rule book thing... should I read that for a better idea of how it works? And do we make our own characters, or would I be playing a pre-made one? Let me know what you're planning and I'll see what I can do for next Saturday.

timdog88
August 6th, 2017, 01:13
Well, I'm not very familiar with it myself, this will be the first time I've run it, so we can learn together. You don't need anything, I have pregens for you, and anything you want to read to familiarize yourself with the system would be great. Here is the calendar link, just sign up here and I'll add you.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2683

Whiskan
August 8th, 2017, 18:06
Cool! I've signed up on your calendar. How will I know the IP address to connect to your game? Also, to confirm, I will be looking to join this Saturday at 8:30pm Eastern time. I'm fairly certain that's the same timezone as I'm in (Toronto).