PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a table for shops

Devistation
August 4th, 2017, 05:18
So in Storms King Thunder module I have this nice table of items 20035 that I can show my players at it gave me an idea of making all my shops inventory in the same way. It will allow my players to know what is in a shop with prices without having to tell my party over and over again. Last time the party went shopping it took forever and I want to make this move much faster.

So I can't figure out how to make one. Or even better someone as already made a nice mod to do all this for me.

Any help?

Wookiee420
August 4th, 2017, 05:39
it needs to be done through XML, technically that is an Item List and not a table. Its not that difficult but you need to know the proper datapaths to the items so that you can create the links. Basically you would need to create a module that contains the list information

Ken L
August 4th, 2017, 05:45
IIRC, Delux's location extension has shops, but depending on how lean you want it, it may have more than you need. You can trim it down manually if you're willing to poke around the logic.

dulux-oz
August 4th, 2017, 06:04
Yes, the DOE:Locations Extensions does Shops (& shopping) - it doesn't take much to set up a shop: set some "mark up" and other values, drag Items into the Shop's Inventory, adjust the quantities on hand (if desired) then share the shop with the players.

Yes, the DOE:Locations can do a whole lot (& I mean a WHOLE LOT) more, but you don't have to use anything you don't want to - its all very flexible

Cheers

Zacchaeus
August 4th, 2017, 10:35
And you can also use Story Templates (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37400-Video-on-Story-Templates).

Intruder
August 4th, 2017, 11:30
I use the locations extension to handle 'shopping'. Set up a generic map and 'pin' buildings containing vendors to it.
Characters visit these shops at any time the server is up (except during a game session) and buy and sell to their hearts content.
The map I use has 3 shops, 2 inns and 4 traveling merchants that come and go. Bidding wars are common and exchange rates
vary, causing the players to shop around for the best offer/prices.

By the way, MANY thanks to Dulux-oz for this great extension.
(Am waiting patiently for the extensions ability to make change with currency conversion.)
:)

dulux-oz
August 4th, 2017, 13:02
I use the locations extension to handle 'shopping'. Set up a generic map and 'pin' buildings containing vendors to it.
Characters visit these shops at any time the server is up (except during a game session) and buy and sell to their hearts content.
The map I use has 3 shops, 2 inns and 4 traveling merchants that come and go. Bidding wars are common and exchange rates
vary, causing the players to shop around for the best offer/prices.

By the way, MANY thanks to Dulux-oz for this great extension.
(Am waiting patiently for the extensions ability to make change with currency conversion.)
:)

That's what we like to hear: practical working examples of GM's who have put Extensions to good use. Glad you find the DOE:Locations useful.

Yes, the "change maker" is coming - I've got a lot of things to do both inside and outside of FG, so it'll get here when it gets here :)

And for those of you who get some value out of the various Community Developed Extensions, etc, feel free to support/donate to show your appreciation (details in my sig) :p

Intruder
May 15th, 2018, 16:24
I have been able to resolve the currency conversion issue for Vendors(at least for 5e).
The Vendors that are represented in DOE: Locations extension will recognize gp, sp, pp and cp.
Will consider these coin types when purchasing and will give correct change.
As an additional service, the vendor will consolidate all coins down to the fewest, for weight and encumbrance purposes.
I did not include ep.
Oh, the extension will ensure currency types are all lower case for compatibility with the Party Inventory distribution.

I have forwarded the code to Dulux.

Nylanfs
May 15th, 2018, 16:42
But what about gems as currency? :eg:

Intruder
May 15th, 2018, 18:29
You sell them.

Bidmaron
May 16th, 2018, 06:11
Thanks for doing this. Now I just hope Dulux uses it.