PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands: How do you do the Duel?

weselbold
August 2nd, 2017, 17:27
Hello! Tomorrow I will run my first Deadlands Reloaded game on Fantasy Grounds and in testing I've tried to figure out how to do the duel. So far, the only way I came up with is using a second instance of FG to connect as a player, claiming a dummy character and using this dummy to deal cards to at the card table. Is this the only way or do you have a better method?

Topdecker
August 2nd, 2017, 19:19
I actually found dueling hard to implement in a seamless fashion. A player in my game bumped into someone and as the NPC got in his face, he advanced us straight to combat. (He was so much faster that it looked a lot like murder which tarnished the players rep for a long time.)

I think your first hurdle is finding a good way to work it in as a different activity. I did a poor job of this :)

weselbold
August 2nd, 2017, 19:37
Thank you for your reply! I'm mostly looking for a way to implement the duel rules technically in Fantasy Grounds.

There seem to be only two ways to deal playing cards: the card hand and the card table. The card hand offers only one public hand and no way to deal to specific characters.

The card table allows me to deal to different characters, but even if I place a GM controlled character at the table I can't see his cards without revealling everyone's cards.

My only workaround so far is to connect a second instance of Fantasy Grounds as a player and use a dummy player character at the poker table. Is this the only way to implement the duel rules in FG?

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2017, 19:46
This was discussed recently by the devs here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38584-DL-R-Card-Table-and-Duels-(again)

weselbold
August 4th, 2017, 08:13
Thanks Trenloe! I didn't notice that one!