PDA

View Full Version : Modifying pointers, etc..

danielpryor
February 3rd, 2006, 19:25
I basically have my own "templates" for spells, etc. that I use:

https://danielpryor.com/dundjinni/maps%20-%20generic%20-%20AOE.htm

I did put them in the "tokens" directory, but of course they were too big for the box and bags and piled on top of each other, basically making them unuseable. So, is there a way that I can either have a token bag set that can handle up to 60' radius templates using a customized thumbnail or is there some way I can just load or call up these images seperately? I would need to be able to put these images on the maps, just like tokens, and have them show up for the player client side.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. And BTW, thanks to everyone who has helped me already these last few days, without this forum and your support I would have never stuck to this program! :)

Crusader
February 3rd, 2006, 19:50
Hmmm, tricky. Maybe it is possible to create a second tokenbox that is HUUUGE??? I don't know if this is a good suggestion or not, but it's the only thing that I can come up with that won't ruin the ordinary tokenbox.

danielpryor
February 3rd, 2006, 19:54
Well in order for it to work you would have to have a token box that scaled eveything down to 10% of its size or something (thumbnailed). There's no option for that right now that I know of, I'm just trying to get something to work for right now. It sound like though that with version 1.06 that the templates will be mouch more scaleable and useable so I guess I should just wait until then.
:)

kalmarjan
February 3rd, 2006, 21:07
What I did with the generic tokens was to put each of the really big ones in their own bag. A messy fix, but it worked out.

Hope that helps.

Sandeman

danielpryor
February 4th, 2006, 08:02
Yeah I was thinking about that too, but there aren't enough bags! LOL! I've got like about a dozen or so, maybe that's something they can fix in 1.06 is make slots for up to 20 bags or something. What do you say out there Devs?

Crusader
February 4th, 2006, 11:02
But you can also have bags in bags, so you can make a structure out of your tokens.

Goblin-King
February 8th, 2006, 13:56
The way we want to address this is to automatically scale all tokens larger than the set grid size to that size while they are in the token box.

danielpryor
February 8th, 2006, 18:31
The way we want to address this is to automatically scale all tokens larger than the set grid size to that size while they are in the token box.

Great, hopefully this will be in realease 1.06? And when is 1.06 coming out, just curious?

gurney9999
February 10th, 2006, 17:19
The way we want to address this is to automatically scale all tokens larger than the set grid size to that size while they are in the token box.How is this accomplished?

danielpryor
February 10th, 2006, 20:34
Well heck, that's easy to answer, the tokens are probably going to thumbnail down to a size of whatever the pixel spaces are on the grid. So if you have a grid size of 50 pixels square for one space on the grid, then any image over 50 pixels tall or wide would be shown at that pixel size. At least that's my guess.

Toadwart
February 13th, 2006, 06:51
Auto-scaling of large tokens sounds like it will do the trick :)

In the meantime it helps to have the tokenbox resizeable and give it a bigger default and minimum size (without a decent minimum size all your tokens can end up squashed up into the top-left corner should you make it to small)

Change the tokenbag entry in ui_utility.xml as below:
<windowclass name="tokenbag">
<frame name="tokenbag" />
<dynamic />
<defaultsize width="450" height="350" />
<minimumsize width="450" height="350" />

Making the tokencase.png image partially transparent is a good idea too when the thing is this big.

Stuart
February 13th, 2006, 22:20
Tried this ... no change ?
<defaultsize width="350" height="353" />
<notokens />
<softclose />
<sheetdata>
<tokenbag>
<bounds rect="13,13,-42,-46" />
<tokenarea rect="0,0,-1,-49" />
<bagbar rect="0,-49,-1,49" frame="tokenbagbar" slotsize="49,49" />
<bag icon="tokenbag" top="tokenbagtop" up="tokenbagup" custom="tokenbagcustom" labelframe="mini_name" labelfont="mini_name" />
grid width="46" height="50" />
</tokenbag>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

Changed to :

<dynamic />
<defaultsize width="450" height="350" />
<minimumsize width="450" height="350" />
<notokens />
<softclose />
<sheetdata>
<tokenbag>
<bounds rect="13,13,-42,-46" />
<tokenarea rect="0,0,-1,-49" />
<bagbar rect="0,-49,-1,49" frame="tokenbagbar" slotsize="49,49" />
<bag icon="tokenbag" top="tokenbagtop" up="tokenbagup" custom="tokenbagcustom" labelframe="mini_name" labelfont="mini_name" />
<grid width="46" height="50" />
</tokenbag>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

So I guess I did something wrong ? (base.xml modified as well).

Toadwart
February 15th, 2006, 18:47
Well, that looks right. I'll check again when I get off work, maybe I missed a step somewhere.

In the mean-time try changing <bag icon="tokenbag" to something invalid like <bag icon="notokenbags" and see if all your bags dissapear. If not then it's probably not linking to the correct ui_utilit.xml file.

Toadwart
February 16th, 2006, 05:03
I forgot about the background image. By default its set up to be a single big square which replicates as you drag the window wider (ugly!)
It's a little better if you change the framedef in graphics.xml to something like this:

<framedef name="tokenbag">
<bitmap file="rulesets\Dnd_Toadwart\data\frames\tokencase.png" />
<topleft rect="0,0,100,50" />
<top rect="100,0,100,50" />
<topright rect="200,0,150,50" />
<left rect="0,50,100,50" />
<middle rect="100,50,100,50" />
<right rect="200,50,150,50" />
<bottomleft rect="0,100,100,250" />
<bottom rect="100,100,100,250" />
<bottomright rect="200,100,150,250" />

</framedef>
However, that image isn't really suited to dynamic resizing.

I replaced mine with a very generic all grey background.
Maybe someone with artistic talent would like to make one that scales and looks nice...?

Tailz Silver Paws
February 20th, 2006, 04:53
I think Game Masters should have an "advanced" form of the token box, as a GM the range of tokens you would want to have access to could be very large. I think an option to turn the token box into a text list with folders would be the "advanced" option - with the token itself being the text's icon?

That way a Game Master can have a clean token box without haveing to sort through lots of little images.

Just my 5 cents on the subject.

SurlyDwarf
February 20th, 2006, 19:06
I think Game Masters should have an "advanced" form of the token box, as a GM the range of tokens you would want to have access to could be very large. I think an option to turn the token box into a text list with folders would be the "advanced" option - with the token itself being the text's icon?

That way a Game Master can have a clean token box without haveing to sort through lots of little images.

Just my 5 cents on the subject.

I would love to see this. My token-chest is a mess!