PDA

View Full Version : Stable Condition for NPCs Hidden

LordBalkoth
August 2nd, 2017, 00:06
You can set effects to "GM only" (often useful for NPCs to hide buffs or other effects). In fact, this is the default for any effect originating from the NPC on itself, for example.

Is there a way to make the "Stable" effect hidden by default as well? So PCs don't know (without a Heal check or something) which enemies are actually stable?

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2017, 04:49
Drag the "Stable" button to the effects window, it will create a "Stable" effect. Then click the eye icon to the right so that it's greyed out. Use this effect, rather than the button, to apply the Stable condition to NPCs - it will be hidden from the players.

LordBalkoth
August 2nd, 2017, 05:56
Hmm...this means I would need to do the stabilization rolls manually, though, versus using the built-in stabilization rolls.

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2017, 11:32
Hmm...this means I would need to do the stabilization rolls manually, though, versus using the built-in stabilization rolls.
That would require an extension to do this.

The current code in 3.5E scripts\manager_action_damage.lua sets the Stable effect with the following:

EffectManager.addEffect("", "", ActorManager.getCTNode(rSource), { sName = "Stable", nDuration = 0 }, true);

This would be required to make the effect hidden from the players:

EffectManager.addEffect("", "", ActorManager.getCTNode(rSource), { sName = "Stable", nDuration = 0, nGMOnly=1 }, true);

You'd also probably want to check if the Actor is a PC or NPC, and only apply the nGMOnly=1 for a NPC.

LordBalkoth
August 2nd, 2017, 14:35
Good to know, thanks, might fiddle with it down the line. Never tried making an extension before, though!

Trenloe
August 4th, 2017, 17:58
Fixed in v3.3.2: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39182-Test-Release-v3-3-2&p=349331&viewfull=1#post349331

LordBalkoth
August 5th, 2017, 03:15
Damn, nice. Now let me toss on my "Greedy Hat" for a moment...

Once the NPC is stable, the game won't do the roll anymore (and even with rolls hidden, the PCs can tell SOMETHING is being rolled). Would be nice for "ghost" rolls to still happen just to disguise the stabilization fact. Though if you show damage results to player they can see the damage each round (or lack of damage each round)...this is a tricky issue : /