PDA

View Full Version : LFG, I will DM all DMs... A DMs game?

Laerun
August 1st, 2017, 19:44
Looking to setup a Friday game possibly to allow for DM's to play... This might be your only chance to play, or just learn how to be a player. I am trying to give DMs a break, and the experience to be on the other side of the screen. Please note this will be Fantasy Grounds, Dnd 5e Forgotten Realms for now. Please tell me what days and games you run, complete with evidence of said campaigns. Or just join up for the heck of it, or first time player status!

P_Cookie
August 2nd, 2017, 00:29
Hey I run a game every Friday and have been dying to play for a while now. I bought the ultimate license so my friends could play without issue and we're currently running Storm Kings Thunder. What evidence would you need to confirm whether or not we dm?

Laerun
August 2nd, 2017, 01:08
A log, a chat log, or a discord server for your game, a photo, something. Not a big deal.

hedrondesign
August 2nd, 2017, 16:50
Well I run a game on Saturdays currently doing curse of Strahd campaign at a players request since they bought the book. Since we run face to face and I just use FG for doing maps and tracking the game I don't have chat logs etc. I do have a player that is running a cleric named John Stamos, if you don't know who that is feel free to google it, it isn't vulgar its an old TV star. I did manage to photoshop his cleric with John Stamo's head lol.20025 I have a game table with a flat screen mounted horizontally in the middle which I use FG maps etc on for the players. I have an ultimate license as well. I been trying to get into a game since I have been DMing for decades and rarely get to play as a character.

Laerun
August 2nd, 2017, 17:08
Okay, cool, sounds good, you are exactly the kind of candidate I am looking for..

tiawaz
August 2nd, 2017, 20:24
Currently DMing a PotA AL Campaign.

But my TZ is GMT+2, since your avatar says pacific NW thats probably not gonna work out?

Laerun
August 2nd, 2017, 22:04
I dunno, I usually start at 5:00 PM PST.

tiawaz
August 2nd, 2017, 22:38
thats 1am local, not really a good time to start a 3-4h session :-)

Jankin
August 2nd, 2017, 22:52
Laerun, I will most likely be up for this. (You know me well enough lol)

wsorrentini
August 3rd, 2017, 15:38
What's the start time I'm east USA

Laerun
August 3rd, 2017, 18:40
It would be at a set time, so if I start it at let's say noon PST, it would be around 3:00 EST. The problem I am having is some of our UK brothers across the pond. I was hoping to do a 4 or 5 PM PST, which would be around 7 or so your time, Friday nights, but IF we specify this time, that is like 1:00 AM GMT for the UK folks. I have to work on Friday and not available until 3;30 PST during the week days.

tiawaz
August 3rd, 2017, 19:04
While i'm thankful for the consideration i think you should prioritize getting a group going :-)

Laerun
August 3rd, 2017, 19:51
Okay, TY.