PDA

View Full Version : Adding a token to the combat tracker possible?

celestian
August 1st, 2017, 18:01
Is there a ruleset that allows you to add a token that is on the map to the combat tracker?

Goal is to drag/drop a npc from npc records onto the map. Later on add said creature to combat tracker when party encounters.

Trying to figure out a way that allows me to have all the creature tokens on the map (hidden) so that I (DM) can see them and make better use of creatures nearby/etc. I tend to miss a LOT just using the pins (including forgetting if the party already cleared a room).

Trenloe
August 1st, 2017, 18:03
I'm not aware of one. You'll have to look at the process and see if it's possible to reverse engineer it - adding the relevant links to the token instance and the CT.

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2017, 18:08
There's no built-in mechanism within Fantasy Grounds currently to tie a link to a token instance on a map. When you drag and drop a token from the combat tracker to a map, a reference to the token map and ID is stored in the combat tracker to "link" these two things.

Cheers,
JPG

celestian
August 1st, 2017, 18:14
There's no built-in mechanism within Fantasy Grounds currently to tie a link to a token instance on a map. When you drag and drop a token from the combat tracker to a map, a reference to the token map and ID is stored in the combat tracker to "link" these two things.

Cheers,
JPG

Perhaps I can just use the token as a pointer to a location and it's "source" (ref to npc id). Then when say you alt-click/some other option the token just runs the process normally used to add a creature to the CT when you drop there (using npc id) and then place the token on the map at the location of the source token and then nuke it.

Hum, I'll poke around and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the information.

Actually, I forgot dropping a npc puts a pin... meh.

Nickademus
August 1st, 2017, 18:19
You could always fake it. Have FG add a new entry to the CT, give it the token prototype of the drug token, create a new token on the image at the x,y of the drug token and delete the drug token. It would appear to the user that the token from the image was upgraded to a CT-linked token when really it would be a new token from the CT as usual.