PDA

View Full Version : Just found Fantasy grounds

Veelivar
February 3rd, 2006, 13:48
Hello All

This is my first post here so please be gentle :)

I cam across FG the other day and was very impressed with the demo. I'm currently trying to convince soem of my firends its a good idea before buying it.

I was wondering about creating new game system configurations to work in FG specifically WFRP and "The Riddle of Steel" (TRoS). I've noticed some posts about Warhammer and it at least seems possible given a little time setting it up.

Are any of you familier with The Riddle of Steel?

See https://www.trosforums.com/ or https://www.theriddleofsteel.net/

For those of you that arn't familier with it, it's well worth a look at and has a very good reward method for roleplaying and excellent combat system.

If you are familier with it do you have any idea how easy/difficult it would be to convert a game like this? or if it is techniocally possible? The game basically revolves around having dice pools. So you would say have a pool of 12 dice and have to get over or below (I've forgotten which it's that long since I have played but the princile is the same) a specific target number say 6. Nuber of success is what counts.

I noticed that you can roll a bunch of dice (but only even numbers), can change this? and order the results highest to lowest?

Any input would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Dan.

SurlyDwarf
February 3rd, 2006, 15:05
I cam across FG the other day and was very impressed with the demo. I'm currently trying to convince soem of my firends its a good idea before buying it.

Tell them it is a good idea. You can tell them I said so. :D

I can't speak much to your questions as I am only just learning how to customize... but as it is, FG is an amazing tool for virtual PnP gaming. I bought two licenses last week and a third for my friend two days later. You could say I am an advocate at this point. In that time, I have joined two games as a player and am working on a campaign as a GM.

Cheers.

richvalle
February 3rd, 2006, 15:24
Hello All

This is my first post here so please be gentle :)

I was wondering about creating new game system configurations to work in FG specifically WFRP and "The Riddle of Steel" (TRoS). I've noticed some posts about Warhammer and it at least seems possible given a little time setting it up.

Are any of you familier with The Riddle of Steel?

See https://www.trosforums.com/ or https://www.theriddleofsteel.net/

For those of you that arn't familier with it, it's well worth a look at and has a very good reward method for roleplaying and excellent combat system.

If you are familier with it do you have any idea how easy/difficult it would be to convert a game like this? or if it is techniocally possible? The game basically revolves around having dice pools. So you would say have a pool of 12 dice and have to get over or below (I've forgotten which it's that long since I have played but the princile is the same) a specific target number say 6. Nuber of success is what counts.

I noticed that you can roll a bunch of dice (but only even numbers), can change this? and order the results highest to lowest?

Any input would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Dan.

Welcome!

I'm not sure why you think you can only roll dice in even numbers... I was rolling 3d6 las night. :)

You'll be wanting the 1.06 version when scripting becomes available. Then you can do dice pools and other fun stuff.

Though, you can get the program now and start getting used to it. :)

rv

Veelivar
February 3rd, 2006, 16:45
thanks for your replies.

@richvalle I probably just didnd't explore enough there was a lot to take in ;)

Is there any idea of when 1.06 will be released?

I think we are going to get a few copies and see how it goes the question is just how many :)

Has anyone tried FG with TRoS? or would I be the first.

Dan.

Veelivar
February 3rd, 2006, 16:50
one other quick question.

Is it possible to chaneg the font size used? It looked a little small on my 19" lcd it could be pretty tiredin haveing to stare at it for a few hours.

Dan.

Cantstanzya
February 3rd, 2006, 17:29
one other quick question.

Is it possible to chaneg the font size used? It looked a little small on my 19" lcd it could be pretty tiredin haveing to stare at it for a few hours.

Dan.Yes there is, I don't know how to do it off the top of my head, but I have seen other post where they were shown how to do it. I don't think you can do it in the demo version, but when you buy FG do a search for "Font size" in the forums and you'll find a post that will show you how to do it.

Veelivar
February 5th, 2006, 19:20
Well I could resist any longer and just bought a copy :)

Now I'm just starting to work out how to use it and set it up.

Thanks for your help so far, I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions :)

Dan.

gurney9999
February 8th, 2006, 15:29
Welcome and good luck!