PDA

View Full Version : Discord

hpdonat
July 31st, 2017, 02:21
Is there a way to keep discord open over fg?

Zacchaeus
July 31st, 2017, 09:09
you mean as an overlay? I don't know but it probably isn't recommended that you do even if you could. I know people have had issues with the Steam overlay.

Gwydion
July 31st, 2017, 13:25
Is there a way to keep discord open over fg?

Hey hpdonat. If you're talking about as an overlay while streaming, many of us use the streamkit overlay for discord to show voices. It works great. I've included the link below.

https://streamkit.discordapp.com/overlay

TheMookNet
July 31st, 2017, 17:23
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious... the linked Streamkit page says at the bottom, "Three customizable Discord widgets for your stream" but I only see clickable links for "Install for OBS" and "Install for XSplit." But I'm not using either, so...

Just looking for something that can tell me who's speaking without having to have an entire Discord window open.

Gwydion
July 31st, 2017, 17:26
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious... the linked Streamkit page says at the bottom, "Three customizable Discord widgets for your stream" but I only see clickable links for "Install for OBS" and "Install for XSplit." But I'm not using either, so...

Just looking for something that can tell me who's speaking without having to have an entire Discord window open.

Yeah, this might not be what you are looking for. These are specifically for OBS or Xsplit broadcasting. So, they will show widgets for your stream. Sounds like you are just wanting a widget to show the voices without related to any streaming activity. I'll see if I find anything else that would be helpful.

Gwydion
July 31st, 2017, 17:31

So, I found this on the discord page. Might be more what you are looking for. One caveat.... I have NOT tried it myself! Hope this helps.

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/217659737-Games-Overlay-101

TheMookNet
July 31st, 2017, 18:21
Doh! Thank you, Gwydion, that's very helpful. :cool: