PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Gift FGs Content

Art Wendorf
July 30th, 2017, 23:16
Today was our last day of using roll20. Too, too many issues. Some of them roll20; some of them user; all of them frustrating. As such, the question below has reared its head.

I have a friend to which I transferred my much, much older full license for FG and bought him the Complete Core Class and Complete Monsters (names not exactly right, but you get the point). Now I'd like to gift him the Ultimate License upgrade and the Dungeon Master's Guide. If I do this through Steam as we gift games to each other all the time there, will FG download and update to include those two things the next time he syncs his account or is there something special he needs to do.

As all my other questions have shown, I'm not very computer literate. So please... be gentle! ;)

Trenloe
July 31st, 2017, 00:33
As long as that user syncs their Steam purchases into FG. Use Store -> Steam Account Synchronisation.

Then they will need to enter their new Ultimate license key in the FG settings screen, overwriting the old standard license key.

Then they must run and update to download the new Steam products and switch to Ultimate.

Art Wendorf
July 31st, 2017, 02:46
Thanks, Trenloe!