PDA

View Full Version : #3-04: The Kortos Envoy (CORE)

Blackfoot
July 30th, 2017, 00:27
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 7–11.

The centaur tribes of the Isle of Kortos have long been an enigma to the people of Absalom. But the Pathfinder Society needs the help of one of the horsemen’s greatest heroes, in it falls to you to negotiate an agreement between the Decemvirate and the centaurs of the plains.

Written by Benjamin Bruck.

THIS GAME WILL BE HELD FRIDAY THE 4th OF AUGUST AT 8PM EASTERN TIME.

NOTE: This game will be run as part of the Core Campaign so only core characters can be played. There ARE 7th Level Pregens available.

Post your character information here and sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2668).

cmdisc
July 30th, 2017, 01:17
Good to go with Fengard. I'll get you his files in a few days.

I'm assuming we will be in the 7-8 subtier for this unless we get a full table.

cmdisc
July 30th, 2017, 14:55
Hmm. It appears that I will be out of the house on Friday past the start time for this game. Any way we can push it off 30 minutes or more to 8:30+pm EST? Otherwise I can just join late.

Blackfoot
July 30th, 2017, 15:15
I don't have a problem with that.

IrishBouzouki
July 30th, 2017, 15:42
I will get you Madog's last chron when I get it from @d1wright (btw what ever happened to Daisy and the rest of your charmed Gnome army?) or he can copy you on it if he sees this. Although there is nothing significant except the 1 xp but no level, and you were in the last two games Madog played in.
This game will get Madog to 6th level.

Blackfoot
July 30th, 2017, 17:06
This game will get Madog to 6th level.Unfortunately, this chronicle couldn't be applied to Madog until he reaches Level 7.. and you'll have to play a pregen.. this is a tier 7-11 game.

IrishBouzouki
July 30th, 2017, 17:16
Unfortunately, this chronicle couldn't be applied to Madog until he reaches Level 7.. and you'll have to play a pregen.. this is a tier 7-11 game.Ah, didn't understand that. I'm not really into pregens myself (done it before a few times not the same as your own 'toon) so I'll pass. But thanks and have fun.

d1wright
July 30th, 2017, 21:18
I'm good with Lucia. But I suppose I'll have to eat my broccoli chronicles before I can go out and play.

cmdisc
July 30th, 2017, 22:38
If there's a way to get Madog to 7th, he'd be set to go. I'm not sure if there are any modules of the 4-6 to 6-8 range that can be run as CORE, so that might be a bit of a long shot. But if you found that or some scenarios being offered locally or elsewhere, that would be a way to get him caught up. In the meantime, as much as you don't like pregens, you could use a few of those to keep your XP awards waiting in the wing once you DO get him to 7th.

cmdisc
July 30th, 2017, 22:38
I'm good with Lucia. But I suppose I'll have to eat my broccoli chronicles before I can go out and play.

Yes, Dave. Eat your broccoli.

Blackfoot
July 31st, 2017, 01:39
If there's a way to get Madog to 7th, he'd be set to go. I'm not sure if there are any modules of the 4-6 to 6-8 range that can be run as CORE, so that might be a bit of a long shot. But if you found that or some scenarios being offered locally or elsewhere, that would be a way to get him caught up. In the meantime, as much as you don't like pregens, you could use a few of those to keep your XP awards waiting in the wing once you DO get him to 7th.There are at least 3 different modules that I can think of that would do the job.. but I don't have any of them to run.
I don't like doing the Pregen thing either.

Blackfoot
July 31st, 2017, 01:40
I have updated the calendar with the new time.. pushing it back until 8:30 eastern.

Phyloyd
August 1st, 2017, 16:22
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 7–11.

The centaur tribes of the Isle of Kortos have long been an enigma to the people of Absalom. But the Pathfinder Society needs the help of one of the horsemen’s greatest heroes, in it falls to you to negotiate an agreement between the Decemvirate and the centaurs of the plains.

Written by Benjamin Bruck.

THIS GAME WILL BE HELD FRIDAY THE 4th OF AUGUST AT 8PM EASTERN TIME.

NOTE: This game will be run as part of the Core Campaign so only core characters can be played. There ARE 7th Level Pregens available.

Post your character information here and sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2668).

I would like to play a pregen if you happen to have a halfling bard to play, or maybe someone can assist me with applying a chronicle to a level 1 PC. Anyone have assistance info for that?

Blackfoot
August 1st, 2017, 16:36
Welcome aboard Phyloyd. I will have level 7 Lemmy ready for the game on Friday. As far as applying the chronicle goes, all you need to do is create your level 1 pc on the paizo site, he'll be #####-2 .. you want to be sure and create him as a CORE character. The rules for Core PCs are listed in the Guide.

The result will be that you'll play this game with Lemmy but your new PC will gain 1 xp and 500gp.. plus whatever Fame/Prestige the group obtains from the mission.

Phyloyd
August 1st, 2017, 23:22
OK let me make sure I have this straight so I can have my character ready by game time. I'll make a new character on The Paizo Pathfinder society site of level one correct? Will I be playing a level one character along with the level 7-11 PC's in the game or should I be making adjustments to the PC somehow?

Blackfoot
August 1st, 2017, 23:47
You don't need to have your character ready.. all you need to do is register it at paizo.com
You'll be playing the level 7 pregen, Lem the Bard.
The credit for playing the game applies to your new character... including 1 XP, 500 Gold, and 1 or 2 Fame/Prestige. This all appears on the chronicle for the pregen that is assigned to your new PC... even though you didn't play it. That's how the pregens work... you get to play in a game that's too high for your own PC but still get credit for your PC.

Phyloyd
August 2nd, 2017, 05:27
181493-2 is the character I created, will you need anything else from me before game time?

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2017, 06:05
You should be good to go.

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2017, 06:08
On the other hand... everyone else needs to start thinking about getting me their characters.

JWMK
August 2nd, 2017, 21:25
Vul'gar will be there!

JWMK

JackalAion
August 3rd, 2017, 04:19
My CORE Rogue is still level 1 so if I can use the Rogue pre-gen, Merisiel, I'd like in.

bsktballchmp85
August 3rd, 2017, 06:06
I will be there Friday and try to have my character to you before I check out of the hotel tomorrow if not I can get it to you Friday morning sorry been kind of hectic traveling for work but im sure most of you know how that can be

Blackfoot
August 3rd, 2017, 12:10
My CORE Rogue is still level 1 so if I can use the Rogue pre-gen, Merisiel, I'd like in.That is not a problem. Welcome aboard.

bsktballchmp85
August 3rd, 2017, 21:45
here you go

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2017, 18:36
181493-2 is the character I created, will you need anything else from me before game time?This character is not showing up as a CORE character. There is a flag in the character creation on paizo.com that determines whether a given character is part of the CORE campaign or the Standard Campaign.. you need to set it to CORE.

JackalAion
August 5th, 2017, 18:39
This character is not showing up as a CORE character. There is a flag in the character creation on paizo.com that determines whether a given character is part of the CORE campaign or the Standard Campaign.. you need to set it to CORE.

I had that same problem when I set up mine. That's why my core is -3

Phyloyd
August 5th, 2017, 19:01
Sorry about that, it should show as core now.

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2017, 19:18
If you have trouble switching it.. on a brand new character you can always delete and restart.

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2017, 19:20
OK. The session is now reported.. I'm going to get started on the chronicles.