PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player for D&D 5e

Percias
July 29th, 2017, 08:22
First off, IS THIS THING ON. This is my third post LFG and I have gotten one reply and it wasn't from someone asking to to join their campaign. So is this even a viable option or should I just keep looking at LFP postings and checking the calendar. And on the note here's my info:

FG License: Monthly Subscription
Time Zone: Mountain Time Zone
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Looking for game any night but Thursday or Sunday
Term: Prefer Long term ongoing campaign
Voice: Can use voice if needed

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: I have played D&D in some form or another since 1981
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm new to Fantasy Grounds but learning fast

Character Type Preferred: Ranger or Paladin
About me: I am getting kind of addicted and I have campaigns I play in one on Thursday and another on Sunday. Looking for something to fill in the gap between Sunday and Thursday.

yeknom
July 29th, 2017, 08:25
Hi Percias,

I run a 2e game on Monday nights at 8pm GMT+8 if you are interested. We recently lost a player due to a work scheduling conflict and need to replace him.

Percias
July 29th, 2017, 08:35
Where are you from. That's a huge gap I'm GMT-7 so that's a 11 hour difference. Thanks for the reply though but I'm more interested in the new rules. I haven't played 2e since high school. I was hoping to play a Paladin and I don't want to be restricted to LG. Also all the background stories I have made up for my characters are FR based I havent read anything about Greyhawk since well high school which was 29 years ago.

yeknom
July 29th, 2017, 08:53
Where are you from.

I am from Texas, I live and work in Hong Kong. I recently started my 2e game as a bit of a nostalgia kick and we are having loads of fun. It is a break from my regular in person games. 5e is a great game and I hope you find a group that suits your needs. Good luck!

wsorrentini
July 31st, 2017, 19:09
i can play 8am to 2pm est usa/ 12pm to 6pm gmt

Trenloe
July 31st, 2017, 21:09
First off, IS THIS THING ON. This is my third post LFG and I have gotten one reply and it wasn't from someone asking to to join their campaign. So is this even a viable option or should I just keep looking at LFP postings and checking the calendar.
It's good to post a thread detailing what you're looking for so that potential GMs will know. However, especially for popular systems like D&D 5E, GMs generally don't have to go looking to hard to find players - they generally come to them.

So, definitely keep looking on the forums for games that match your requirements and get in touch with the GM ASAP to register your interest. It can take a while to find a good, reliable group. So keep trying and be pro-active - keep visiting regularly.