PDA

View Full Version : Help with modifying the Character Sheet in MoreCore for Mutant Year Zero

Wookiee420
July 25th, 2017, 22:32
Hey folks, I am trying to make an extension and modules for Mutant Year Zero in MoreCore, (unless someone can convince me that Core is a better idea) and for the life of me I cannot figure it out, I am working in the code and even things as simple as changing words isnt working. I tell it to change Hero Points to Mutant Points and nothing, I tell it to change the names of things in that combat section (hit points, etc) and nothing, I am totally stumped, is there something silly that I am missing? Can someone help me? Lord Entrails showed me one thing but that too isnt changing squat.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 22:59
Check the basic documentation page for More Core: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html

The key things being:

Features

A quick list of the MoreCore features:
- Customisable Hero Points
- Customisable Linked field names
- Customisable Combat Tracker Headings

Meaning that you customise the headings in the character sheet - click on the heading and change it to what you want, and that the change is stored in the database for that PC and will use what the original default was when a PC is first created, or the most up to date in character sheet edit for that PC only.

The initial labels (using the string_useredit or string_useredit_bold templates) are usually set with a <default> XML tag, e.g. <default>Hero Point</default> This is the default that is used to first populate the field, which is then stored in the database for that PC. If you make changes to the underlying <default> in the ruleset XML, just reloading the changes aren't enough as the data is already set in the database for previously created PCs, you'll need to create a new PC to populate the underlying database field with the new default label.

If you're making an extension for a specific RPG system, you may want to change these ...useredit... templates to be normal label templates and use a string resource to set them.

Wookiee420
July 25th, 2017, 23:04
THANK YOU ok so here is where I am at now....how do i cut the COMBAT box to just 4...or make it 8....below is an attached image of the character sheet so you can see what my goal is...i want to make the Attributes and Conditions boxes

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 23:18
Look at campaign\record_char_more.xml There are some comments in there that help to point out what each section is doing.

Good resources around modifying the GUI are:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/ - especially the "Windows and Controls" section (accessible from the sidebar).

Also, looking at the XML "Definition" section for various controls here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/ will give a lot of info on the base FG controls. For example, there's a lot of XML that can go into a <windowclass> entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowclass.xcp

The "Components" section (bottom left of the sidebar in the Refdoc) gives a lot of info on things likes frames and resources.

Wookiee420
July 25th, 2017, 23:19
thank you sir!!

Wookiee420
July 26th, 2017, 01:42
So I believe I understand what I read, but I don't understand how to take the "attacks" panel and convert it to those strength, agility, wits, empathy with number boxes. And I don't understand how to remove some of the lines in the combat panel (I just need 4). Or to switch the spell bubbles to the combat panel

Wookiee420
July 26th, 2017, 01:43
Seeing as I don't need special rolls would I be better off just using CoreRpg? It to me looks like it might work out for me better, but I don't know

Trenloe
July 26th, 2017, 01:53
Seeing as I don't need special rolls would I be better off just using CoreRpg? It to me looks like it might work out for me better, but I don't know
I think only you can make that decision.

Are you planning on modifying ruleset XML or trying to construct the fields you need in the character sheet as it already is? No offense, but from your responses/questions so far it looks like you'd have to spend a lot of time learning the FG XML structure if you wanted to do the former.

If you're trying to get a workable character sheet (it won't look like the one you've posted, but could have all of the fields), then I suggest you try and work within CoreRPG or MoreCore's flexible structure. Try both of them - try to make a PC in each and see how far you get. MoreCore should have more options for you (hence the name) but you might not need those options.

Wookiee420
July 26th, 2017, 02:14
Zero offense taken..i made that Sixth Gun (savage worlds) extension and modified some stuff, added a damage type (used Aki's extension as guidlines), changed the arcane backgrounds, made the theme and changed all the fonts and frames and a few other things. So I do understand the basics, but definitely the basics.

I don't really need to modify any existing ruleset. Ian made a dice mechanic extension and that takes care of a majority of my issues. Aside from that I just need to make a character sheet and make modules for the game (which is the easy part).
So long story short with what I need (aside from that dice mechanic), the Strenght, Agility, Wits, Empathy are a number 1-5 which represents the number of d6 used. The Damage, Fatigue, Confusion, Doubt also are 1-5 and they represent a removal of the d6 that the other confusion added. So that doesn't even need anything other than number boxes that can be filled and erased as needed.

The skills also are a 1-5 (sometimes higher).

The conditions are a "yes or no" and can even be a fillable box.

Rot points and experience can also be a number box, but they don't require bounds (meaning they can go as high as necessary).

The carry weight is carry weight and really only needs to go to 10 but can also be boundless.

The rest can be fillable text, or drag and drop (like from items/weapons).

That was a lot of info but that's really all the character sheet needs. All the game needs really. Initiative is essentially like d&d 5e, and combat can be done with the dice extension doesn't really need the combat tracker even.

Wookiee420
July 26th, 2017, 02:16
Oh and a 1-10 for Mutant Points.

I feel like MoreCore is almost too much flexibility lol

Wookiee420
July 26th, 2017, 05:28
So compared to everything else that has been made, this is kinda crappy, but it works, so i have a character sheet i made on CoreRPG and i can use it to play...i feel like MoreCore is too much flexibility for the needs of this game, i just need our die and modules and stuff and it should be good, nothing too fancy, the game is the more important part...unless someone can help me build it out on MoreCore (its confuses my brain that i cannot just reload and have changes take effect)

LordEntrails
July 26th, 2017, 05:36
I don't have the link atm, but their is a thread with a bunch of CoreRPG character sheets. They are just PC's that have been exported and can be imported and duplicated for each character in a campaign.

Check the CoreRPG stickies, I think it's there.

Wookiee420
July 26th, 2017, 06:08
thank you
that is basically what i did, but cleaner lol