PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Modules not loading or showing up in Library

Dipset
July 25th, 2017, 10:22
All my purchased modules are not loading on my FG. Any idea what could be the problem?

Zacchaeus
July 25th, 2017, 11:16
Have you linked your Steam and/or Paizo accounts with your Smiteworks account? Go to settings and click on the manage button, follow the onscreen instructions to link your accounts and then do an update of Fantasy Grounds.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 15:58
Yep, do what Zacchaeus rmentions.

If after doing this you still can't see your modules in the library activation screen then please let us know:
- which modules you can't see.
- which ruleset you're using for the campaign you're running.

Dipset
July 25th, 2017, 18:33
I have not purchased anything from FG on steam or paizo. Only through the website itself.

This is my order history, all of which are not loading when I launch FG:

1 x D&D Curse of Strahd
1 x D&D Complete Dungeon Master's Guide
1 x D&D Hoard of the Dragon Queen
1 x D&D Lost Mine of Phandelver
1 x D&D Complete Core Monster Pack
1 x D&D Rage of Demons: Out of the Abyss
1 x D&D Complete Core Class Pack
1 x D&D Princes of the Apocalypse
1 x D&D The Rise of Tiamat
1 x D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
1 x D&D Storm King's Thunder
1 x D&D Volo's Guide to Monsters
1 x D&D Tales from the Yawning Portal (5E)
1 x Prepared! One Shot Adventures (5E)

I'm using the 5e ruleset.

Even when I update my FG, it doesn't load these modules. All of these have loaded without problem until now.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 18:43
There have been reports of the updater losing the account info, even though it looks like it has it.

Please try the following steps:
1) Start FG and click the "Settings" button.
2) In the "Settings" window that opens, click the "Manage" button in the purchases section.
3) Click the "Clear" button in the Account Login section.
4) Re enter your FG website UserName and Password and click the "Login" button.
5) Check for a "Login successful. Credentials saved." message appearing just above the login button.
6) Click OK at the bottom of the "Settings" window.
7) You should then have the Fantasy Grounds Updater window open, click Update.
8) Watch the update window for it checking and downloading data. The modules have package codes which are listed at the bottom of the product page in the store. For example, the Curse of Strahd has a package code of WOTC5ECOS.

If you don't see any packages downloading, click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG start page, this will open a file explorer window at your FG app data directory. Open the "vault" directory and look for WOTC5ECOS.dat it should be about 124MB in size. If it is there, delete it and run another update - see if it downloads again, and if it does check if Curse of Strahd is available in a 5E campaign.

Nylanfs
July 25th, 2017, 19:03
Quick question, have you opened the library once your campaign is started and then opened the module?

Dipset
July 25th, 2017, 19:27
There have been reports of the updater losing the account info, even though it looks like it has it.

Please try the following steps:
1) Start FG and click the "Settings" button.
2) In the "Settings" window that open, click the "Manage" button in the purchases section.
3) Click the "Clear" button in the Account Login section.
4) Re enter your FG website UserName and Password and click the "Login" button.
5) Check for a "Login successful. Credentials saved." message appearing just above the login button.
6) Click OK at the bottom of the "Settings" window.
7) You should then have the Fantasy Grounds Updater window open, click Update.
8) Watch the update window for it checking and downloading data. The modules have package codes which are listed at the bottom of the product page in the store. For example, the Curse of Strahd has a package code of WOTC5ECOS.

If you don't see any packages downloading, click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG start page, this will open a file explorer window at your FG app data directory. Open the "vault" directory and look for WOTC5ECOS.dat it should be about 124MB in size. If it is there, delete it and run another update - see if it downloads again, and if it does check if Curse of Strahd is available in a 5E campaign.

I don't see the message in regards to #5. After I click ok and run the updater it also asks me to login again as well.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2017, 19:35
I don't see the message in regards to #5. After I click ok and run the updater it also asks me to login again as well.
It looks like this issue is related to your username not being recognised properly in the update process. For step #5 you should see something like this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19943

Make sure you've pressed "Clear" and re-enter your username and password. Then click the "Login" button don't press OK. You must get the "Login successful. Credentials saved." message before pressing OK.

Dipset
July 25th, 2017, 19:58
It looks like this issue is related to your username not being recognised properly in the update process. For step #5 you should see something like this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19943

Make sure you've pressed "Clear" and re-enter your username and password.

i've pressed clear plenty of times. it will not save my username.

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2017, 19:59
You need to definitely press the Login button after entering your credentials, not the OK button. Only press OK after your credentials are entered successfully.

We're changing this UI in next version.

Regards,
JPG

Dipset
July 25th, 2017, 20:09
You need to definitely press the Login button after entering your credentials, not the OK button. Only press OK after your credentials are entered successfully.

We're changing this UI in next version.

Regards,
JPG

lmao im a moron! thank you this fixed everything

qwortec
December 24th, 2017, 00:40
I recently reinstalled FG in Steam. I picked up LMOP for 5e on steam to go with my other modules. When I run a campaign though, none of the modules show up in my library. I followed all of the steps listed in this thread and still no luck, not even the LMOP module shows up. What's my next step?

EDIT: found a solution in the steam discussion boards. Needed to link my steam account to my FG account. Success!

FG_Dave
December 25th, 2017, 05:25
lmao im a moron! thank you this fixed everything

Glad you got it!

FG_Dave
December 25th, 2017, 05:26
I recently reinstalled FG in Steam. I picked up LMOP for 5e on steam to go with my other modules. When I run a campaign though, none of the modules show up in my library. I followed all of the steps listed in this thread and still no luck, not even the LMOP module shows up. What's my next step?

EDIT: found a solution in the steam discussion boards. Needed to link my steam account to my FG account. Success!

Glad you got it qwortec

darthgator
June 20th, 2018, 12:08
I just purchased "Raid on the Emperor's Hand" (PFRPG) in Steam and have done everything listed above, but FG STILL doesn't show the module in the library. I spent 45 minutes last night repeating all of the stuff above multiple times; still no DLC.

I left d20Pro for FG because FG supposedly works better. This is the latest in a series of issues I've had that makes me question if it actually is...

Trenloe
June 20th, 2018, 13:13
I just purchased "Raid on the Emperor's Hand" (PFRPG) in Steam and have done everything listed above, but FG STILL doesn't show the module in the library. I spent 45 minutes last night repeating all of the stuff above multiple times; still no DLC.
Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Please check in your <FG app data>\vault directory for a file called LGFGPFIOPROTEH.dat Is it there? What size is it?

On the top right hand corner for the main FG start screen what version number and text do you see? It will be something like v3.3.5 FREE, v3.3.5 or v3.3.5 ULTIMATE.

If LGFGPFIOPROTEH.dat is not in the vault directory, please post the update.log file from the <FG app data> directory. Get to this directory by clicking the folder icon in the top right corner of the main FG startup screen.

damned
June 20th, 2018, 13:15
Hi darthgator just checking you are in a PFRPG campaign when you are looking for this item?

Nylanfs
June 20th, 2018, 14:04
Just in case you aren't familiar, when you have an adventure DLC, you have to open a new campaign (PFRPG), and then check your Library and activate the adventure. It does not show up on the create campaign screen.

darthgator
June 20th, 2018, 15:48
Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Please check in your <FG app data>\vault directory for a file called LGFGPFIOPROTEH.dat Is it there? What size is it?

I checked the Vault last night, and I didn't see anything added on 19 June. I'll check tonight after work.

darthgator
June 20th, 2018, 15:50
Hi darthgator just checking you are in a PFRPG campaign when you are looking for this item?

Yes. I've been running the same PFRPG campaign for quite a while.

darthgator
June 20th, 2018, 15:53
Just in case you aren't familiar, when you have an adventure DLC, you have to open a new campaign (PFRPG), and then check your Library and activate the adventure. It does not show up on the create campaign screen.

Not sure what you mean by a "new" campaign. I opened my existing PFRPG campaign. Surely I don't have to start a new campaign each time I add DLC...

Nylanfs
June 20th, 2018, 16:41
No, just making sure that you weren't expecting to see it as a separate campaign.

Just out of curiosity have you made sure that the Steam login info is correct in the FG settings and that you have synced them (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncSteamAccount.xcp)?

darthgator
June 20th, 2018, 16:43
No, just making sure that you weren't expecting to see it as a separate campaign.

Just out of curiosity have you made sure that the Steam login info is correct in the FG settings and that you have synced them (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncSteamAccount.xcp)?

I synced them twice last night.

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2018, 17:26
Can you send a copy of your campaign file zipped up, as well as a copy of your update.log file from your FG data directory, to [email protected]?
Please reference this thread, so we can relate the files with what you've done so far.

Regards,
JPG

darthgator
June 20th, 2018, 18:55
Sure thing. It'll be later tonight, though.

darthgator
June 21st, 2018, 03:23
Thanks for the help, everyone. I figured it out this evening after checking a few things I apparently missed last night.

Discmage
July 26th, 2018, 18:13
Deleted as a mispost...

DM4FUN
December 22nd, 2019, 18:45
I am playing D&D 5e. However, I wanted NPC Codex (Pathfinder) for 5e. I bought it but cannot find it. I want to use the little pogs for a town in 5e from the NPC Codex. Please advise? If I cannot do this, I just want a refund of the NPC Codex then.

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2019, 19:06
I am playing D&D 5e. However, I wanted NPC Codex (Pathfinder) for 5e. I bought it but cannot find it. I want to use the little pogs for a town in 5e from the NPC Codex. Please advise? If I cannot do this, I just want a refund of the NPC Codex then.
Modules built for specific RPG systems are tagged to only be available to open when running a FG campaign using that ruleset. This is because they contain ruleset specific data and can cause errors or incorrect functionality if opened in another ruleset.

You can use this community extension to open modules in rulesets they're not designed for: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension But note that non-generic material may not work or raise errors. You should be OK with tokens, images, reference manual and story entries.

FG_Dave
December 22nd, 2019, 20:52

Feel free to give the extension a try DM4FUN and if you see that you do not want to use it and still want a refund just send me in another email to support and I will get you taken care of.